News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Netflix users ???  (Read 10399 times)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2018, 07:01:09 AM »

I love Frasier. I haven't seen a lot of Cheers, just a few episodes here and there. I did watch the first episode not long after I'd finished Frasier on Netflix. Maybe I'll get back to it sometime.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2018, 12:53:35 PM »

Just watched Cargo and thought it very good..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2018, 03:06:28 AM »

I've stared watching the new season 5 of Arrested Development, and I can tell it's already way better than season 4. The good part is they're conscientious about recapping the necessary plot points from season 4, because I only watched that season once and have already forgotten all of it. They made a "remix" of season 4, going in chronological order, but after two episodes in which it's all Ron Howard narrating the events, I gave up. Anyhow they seem to mostly be back in form with this season. There's eight episodes out now and another eight episodes to come at a later date.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2018, 07:24:23 AM »

I'm watching "Blood Line," which is only 3 seasons. I wish it were longer, since it's a really intriguing show. "Blood Line" has the same creators as "Damages," which is another one of my favorite shows.

I also recently rewatched all 7 seasons of "The West Wing." It's probably my favorite show of all time, and was really ahead of its time in many ways. It tackled issues that we are still dealing with today with intelligence, wit and grace. It has aged incredibly well for a show which first began airing in 1999. 
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2018, 03:22:26 AM »

The Keppers.. Who Killed Sister Cathy

astonishingly powerful and riviting seven part documentary begins with the investigation of the
unsolved murder of Sister Cathy Cesnik in Baltimore in 1969 but quickly becomes a much bigger
story exposing wide spread child abuse in the catholic church and local police force.. the cover-ups
that followed, protecting the guilty and silencing the victims..

Really shocking..
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 02:28:58 AM by Gant » Logged

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: Yesterday at 12:41:33 AM »

Anyone watching the new Lost In Space?

The first episode didn’t really grab me until the last 10 minutes. So I’ll give another episode or two.

I was never really a fan of the original, in fact I don’t think I ever saw a complete episode back in the day.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: Yesterday at 07:55:06 AM »

astonishingly powerful and riviting seven part documentary begins with the investigation of the
unsolved murder of Sister Cathy Cesnik in Baltimore in 1969 but quickly becomes a much bigger
story exposing wide spread child abuse in the catholic church and local police force.. the cover-ups
that followed, protecting the guilty and silencing the victims..

Really shocking..

This sounds really interesting. I am going to check this out the next time I start a new show on Netflix.
Have you seen "The Staircase" on Netflix, Gant? Although quite biased towards the defense and Michael Petersen, it's a pretty riveting program to watch. 
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: Yesterday at 09:53:30 AM »

Nice one, look forward to hearing what you think of it.

I'll definitely put The Staircase on my list..

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #88 on: Yesterday at 10:04:57 PM »

Have you seen "The Staircase" on Netflix, Gant? Although quite biased towards the defense and Michael Petersen, it's a pretty riveting program to watch.

I'll check this one out too!

Anyone watching the new Lost In Space?

I was never really a fan of the original, in fact I don’t think I ever saw a complete episode back in the day.

Bad memories from childhood. When you have a big brother, and you're like... 6... and there's one TV, you don't wind up with much say about the programs you'll be watching. To this day I can't go anywhere near Lost in Space or Land of the Lost. I always hated them. And Mannix.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: Yesterday at 10:40:58 PM »

I get what your saying Matt, however I was the older brother and was totally addicted to Lost in a Space :)
Until Star Trek came along that is...

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #90 on: Yesterday at 10:50:09 PM »

I'm not sure we got Mannix over here, I do remember watching Voyage to the bottom of the Sea and Land of the Giants..

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: Yesterday at 11:01:23 PM »

I'll check this one out too!

Bad memories from childhood. When you have a big brother, and you're like... 6... and there's one TV, you don't wind up with much say about the programs you'll be watching.

Not to mention if you happen to be sitting in his seat or favorite spot on the lounge! :o

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: Today at 01:28:44 AM »

Not to mention if you happen to be sitting in his seat or favorite spot on the lounge! :o

;D You know what I'm talking about.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: Today at 01:29:54 AM »

I get what your saying Matt, however I was the older brother and was totally addicted to Lost in a Space :)

Should have known there was more than one of you! ;)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: Today at 08:26:10 AM »

Should have known there was more than one of you! ;)

I was the older brother, and while I have never seen “Lost in Space,” I did commandeer the television and regularly force my brother to watch “The West Wing” during my teenage years. He wanted to watch “Birds Of Prey,” which was a terrible comicbook program that only lasted one season.

. A few years ago, my brother decided to watch all the seasons of The West Wing on his own, which back then he had no interest in. He fought me every step of the way back then. He shared that after watching the series that he agreed that I was right about the show all those years ago. Some of us older brothers have good taste in TV. Which is far superior to our younger brothers. I never had a favorite spot on the couch. My brother could sit wherever he desired.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T