News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magnum Farce, a Dirty Harry spoof.  (Read 4800 times)
BellaFeFilms

Magnum Farce

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 03, 2009, 05:49:18 AM »

A few years ago I wrote a script "Magnum Farce" which spoofed Dirty Harry films. It's won and placed highly in several competitions, and got me "Hollywood meetings" but, believe it or not, the biggest stumbling block was this question: "Who remembers Dirty Harry?"

Well, I decided to stop pedaling it, and start making it. The preliminary results can be seen on Funny Or Die:

http://tiny.cc/b2W7B

My myspace fans have doubled, the feedback I get is tremendous, and the first two "Webisodes" were on the Hot List for weeks, with the third just posted now.

I'd say quite a few people remember who Dirty Harry is.  8)
BellaFeFilms

Magnum Farce

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:13:29 PM »

“Magnum Farce: A Shot in the Park” the computer animated parody of “Dirty Harry” films has won “Best Animated Short” at the 2009 Indie Gathering International Film Festival and is twice nominated at the 2009 Action On Film International Film Festival in “Best Animation” and “Best Spoof” categories where the feature-length screenplay, from which the short was adapted, is also an Official Selection.

“Magnum Farce” is the creation of Ken Mora of Bella Fe Films whose goal is to found “The Pixar of Rated R” by bringing studio-quality animation to the mature film audience of the “Scary Movie” franchise, “Meet The Spartans” and “Epic Movie.”

The screenplay “Magnum Farce” won its fourth top competition award at the 2009 20/20 International Screenplay Competition, having won “Best Comedy Script” at The Indie Gathering, “Best Screenplay” at San Fernando Valley International Film Festival , and “Second Runner-Up” at Beverly Hills International Film Festival.

“Magnum Farce” followers number thousands across FunnyOrDie.com, Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter, boosted by fans of cult superstar Will Keenan [Terror Firmer, Tromeo and Juliet, Operation Midnight Climax] who voices Detective Gay, Anime and Gaming megastar Kyle Hebert [Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach] as The Sniper, and Matt Godecker [Screw Cupid, All-In, F-Stops] as Magnum-Wielding Detective Dick Hardon.

Ken says "AOF is the ideal venue for the West Coast debut of ‘Magnum Farce’ and Indie Gathering is perfect for its premiere Midwest screening. Both fests and I are huge fans of Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry who set the bar for action films from the seventies onward.” Fans of sexy satire and animation should attend IGFF or AOF and meet Ken Mora and starring talent in person.

Media wishing to interview Ken Mora may contact Bill Hooey at (323) 397-8740.

Screening Schedules follow:

Venue: Action On Film International Film Festival, 2009
Address: 1003 E Colorado Blvd - Pasadena, CA 91106
Date: Saturday, July 25, 2009
Time: 2:00 pm block
Purchase and information: www.aoffest.com

Venue: Indie Gathering International Film Festival and Convention, 2009
Location: Holiday Inn, Cleveland / Westlake - Screening Room “C”
Address: 100 Crocker Road, Westlake, OH 44145
Date: Saturday, Aug. 15, 2009
Time: 11:45 am
Purchase and information: www.theindiegathering.com

Websites for news, trailers and clips:
www.MagnumFarceMovie.com
www.mySpace.com/detectiveDick
www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=70769756728
www.twitter.com/BellaFeFilms
www.funnyordie.com/BellaFeFilms
BellaFeFilms

Magnum Farce

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 10:41:10 AM »

What: Award winning CG animated spoof of 'Dirty Harry' films.

When: Thursday, September 10, 2:45PM

Host: Cinema City Int'l Film Fest, 2009  http://cciff.com

2025 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067 US

Magnum Farce will be part of the 2:45pm block in Screening Room #1 - it's recommended to arrive early to ensure your seat.

Winner "BEST ANIMATED SHORT" Indie Gathering International Film Festival, 2009

Winner "BEST SPOOF" Action On Film International Film Festival, 2009

Finalist - Cinema City International Film Festival, 2009

* Stay for the FREE L.A. premiere of award-winning TALHOTBLOND, the acclaimed true-life documentary/thriller!

* Stay for the FREE After Party with all the filmakers - for those in the biz, bring your contact info, this is a major networking event.
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 01:26:16 AM »

Any chance of a future screening in Dirty Harry / Dick Hardon's hometown?  ;)

I've watched the webisodes, cool stuff  8) Very funny.

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 04:44:10 AM »

By the way, I forgot to ask: are you planning on going full-length any time soon?

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

BellaFeFilms

Magnum Farce

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 07:44:54 AM »

Q1: Showing near Clint's hometown: I've entered Cinequest in San Jose, and plan to submit to a San Francisco fest in a couple of months. I'm sure I'll be working the central/northern California coast with it.

Q2: Feature version: I hope to get enough attention to attract financers to produce the feature. I anticipated a long slog, and am really pleased about the early success. One way or the other it will get made, even if it's eventually straight to DVD, but that would be a shame, I think it's got real box office potential. The short gives you a "flavor" of the feature, but it's really in the full length script that you see all the elements of the Dirty Harry films come up. The politics, the rogue cops, scummy bad guys, conspiracies, etc.

Glad you liked the funnordie.com episodes! I'm almost a bit emarrased by them, since my editing skills have improved. If you can check it out at a fest, there's a few more gags in it, and it's better paced.

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 01:36:38 AM »

Q1: Showing near Clint's hometown: I've entered Cinequest in San Jose, and plan to submit to a San Francisco fest in a couple of months. I'm sure I'll be working the central/northern California coast with it.
Good to know  ;)

Q2: Feature version: I hope to get enough attention to attract financers to produce the feature. I anticipated a long slog, and am really pleased about the early success. One way or the other it will get made, even if it's eventually straight to DVD, but that would be a shame, I think it's got real box office potential.
I think so too  O0

Glad you liked the funnordie.com episodes! I'm almost a bit emarrased by them, since my editing skills have improved. If you can check it out at a fest, there's a few more gags in it, and it's better paced.
I'll be in SF from September 15 to October 5... not sure I'll be able to catch a fest in the area at that time  :-\

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T