News: See Eastwood's latest, THE 15:17 TO PARIS, coming on DVD May 22!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Calling all old timers  (Read 33003 times)
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: April 06, 2009, 01:42:34 AM »

Sad to see this forum seems a bit dead these days.  I remember back in  2003 when I first joined it was a real hive of activity!  What happened?  I do see some of the old timers still posting occasionally and thought it would be fun to see who is still around....

So c'mon, it's rolecall!

Myself, Philo Bedoe Jr, previously known as WKC.

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:44:24 AM »

Well I am still posting, have been since 2004, always as Lin.   ;D ;D
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:15:14 AM »

Since '97 or '98 here.  Yea, around 2003 the board was pretty busy.

We lost a few good folks, in part, to "board burnout".  And other folks just vanished without at trace...Where the hell is Agent?

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 03:42:30 AM »

It will be five years since I joined the board in a couple of weeks.

It's a shame a lot of those who were regulars have vanished without a trace in the past couple of years.

Matt and D'Amb are the two I miss the most.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 05:15:20 AM »

I pop by occasionally, but dont post as much as I once did, seeing as RL is quite busy.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 06:03:01 AM »

Matt and D'Amb are the two I miss the most.

Yep, both are good guys that added alot to the board.  I also hope GMAT makes it back here at some point.

Aline

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 06:12:30 AM »

I don't think the page is so dead but sure it had better days. I miss Agent, Matt, Xichado. And yes, where is GMAT? It has been a long time.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 06:47:41 AM »

I really miss mgk. She was always "the voice of reason" around here. Unlike with Matt and the others, I do hear from her occasionally so at least I know she's OK.

Aline, Xichado is around from time to time ... did you see his posts about the Eastwood retrospective in Lisbon?

I think Conan and I, and Holden Pike (who also isn't heard from often enough these days) are the only ones left from the "orginal" Board days, back in '98.
Aline

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 07:11:20 AM »

Aline, Xichado is around from time to time ... did you see his posts about the Eastwood retrospective in Lisbon?

I think Conan and I, and Holden Pike (who also isn't heard from often enough these days) are the only ones left from the "orginal" Board days, back in '98.

KC, I know Xichado and Holden are still here but they don't post as often as I would like them to.
Also, maybe I used another name but I was here since 97 too. Then when the board changed the format in 2002 and we had to started from zero, I was very frustrated. I told that to Matt and he suggested me to re-start posting old threads links but I never wanted do it.
Somethings things happened here, I disappeared and came back now. :)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 12:48:45 PM »

I'd forgotten you were a real "old timer" too, Aline!
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 03:06:57 PM »

I think I turned up around the time Space Cowboys came out..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 04:23:08 PM »

I still feel like the new guy. :)

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 05:37:40 PM »

Still here.

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »

And Philo, how could I forget Philo ... another one of the real old-timers. 8)
El bueno

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 07:31:15 PM »

Not an old timer but…

I (originally ‘El bueno’) haven’t contributed that much to the forum in comparison to someone like ‘Philo’ and have missed a lot of posts that I have noticed later but thought it was too late to comment on most of them.  People could be ill or perhaps are busier or don’t have regular internet access, etc.   I have had my own reasons for being absent for extended periods of time (unrelated to the forum) but that is something that I haven’t been able to help. 

I think a good way to have more people on the forum is that they need to be logged in to read posts, which would cutout lurkers.  If somebody is serious about Clint and wants to view information/read posts they will register and log in.  It’s not difficult to do.

Looking at my stats:
Date Registered:    March 21, 2004, 04:32:25 PM
Posts:    228 (0.124 per day) [which works out to be 1 post for every 8 days I have been a member]
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 08:13:37 PM »

Sad to see this forum seems a bit dead these days.  I remember back in  2003 when I first joined it was a real hive of activity!  What happened?  I do see some of the old timers still posting occasionally and thought it would be fun to see who is still around....

So c'mon, it's rolecall!

Myself, Philo Bedoe Jr, previously known as WKC.

I've only been a member for a few months, but I thought it seemed a bit slow too being that Clint is still a hot topic and still making movies.  I have wondered too if my posts are just boring and don't draw a lot of interest for responses.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 08:40:14 PM »

Looking at my stats:
Date Registered:    March 21, 2004, 04:32:25 PM
Posts:    228 (0.124 per day) [which works out to be 1 post for every 8 days I have been a member]

As I've often said ... it's quality, not quantity, that counts. :)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »

I've only been a member for a few months, but I thought it seemed a bit slow too being that Clint is still a hot topic and still making movies.  I have wondered too if my posts are just boring and don't draw a lot of interest for responses.

No your posts are not boring at all.   

There is a lot to read on this site and it does take a while to get through all the new posts, especially if you have a busy life.     The sad part is we have so many people join the board and then never post.  If just half of them posted the board would be busy.    I do spend quite a lot of time here and have noticed people come and go.   I too am sorry Matt and D'amb no longer post.    MGK was so kind to me when I first joined, helping me to post pictures and find my way around.  I still have copies of the PM's she sent with detailed instructions on how to do different things on the board. I am pleased to learn she is OK.    El bueno I remember you too. Welcome back as Mr. Malpaso.     One of the other regulars I miss is Lilly.   I know she is overseas with the army and I have heard from her once or twice but I am not too sure just where she is right now.     It is always nice to see a familiar name posting after an absence, Allycat for example.     We seem to have a group of regulars who join in movie nights and games and are active on the board most days.   We don't all post in the same threads as our interest are in different parts of Clint's career but most of us can be found somewhere on the board every week.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 11:39:48 PM »

Sad to see this forum seems a bit dead these days. 

Getting on the board today after work, I was amazed to see every blue diamond lit up on the general information forums on the main page. I can't remember the last time that has happened.  8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 12:27:51 AM »

Yeah I pop by from time to time but not much happening.  I do see some of the old regs are logged in but not making posts.  Pity 'cos Clint has a new film out - which I haven't seen yet.  I guess things picked up a bit with Grand Torino's release?  I remember when the Dirty Harry rumour started the board livened up a bit  ;D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T