News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Calling all old timers  (Read 36413 times)
Xichado
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 04:03:34 AM »

I think Conan and I, and Holden Pike (who also isn't heard from often enough these days) are the only ones left from the "orginal" Board days, back in '98.

Sad to know I missed that "orginal" board  :-[ :-[

(I have a dirty mind... really really dirty )  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:05:03 AM by Xichado » Logged

"I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." Carl Sandburg
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 05:59:10 AM »

Not an old timer but..

I spend some time here, but the most difficult thing for me is to put my thoughts in english and discuss about things that need a little more thinking and writing that just a few senteces..  :-\ And sometimes I don't understand what people are trying to say.. I mean, I understand the words but not the meaning of it. It's hard to make a comment if I don't get it.  ;D

That's why I don't post that much. I wish I had the courage to..  ::) Even if I get people wrong and they get me wrong...

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 06:00:35 AM »

Sad to know I missed that "orginal" board  :-[ :-[

KC never makes a typo, so one has to assume she meant that.  :o

>:D

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 06:39:23 AM »

KC never makes a typo, so one has to assume she meant that.  :o

>:D

Well ... almost never!  :P  ;)
Aline

Email
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 07:17:20 AM »

herofan, your posts aren't boring at all.

Also I think instead of always asking about vanished members, we should encourage the ones that are coming. Clintan, Ivy...Lena has brought interesting ideas. Her thread "Things that Clint characteres never would say" can be so fun! But it requires creativity which I don't have >:(

I don't know, it would be great have those guys back, but if it isn't happening, I think we should focus on the people who remain here and try to have fun.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:32:15 AM by Aline » Logged
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 07:32:01 AM »

Im not sure if Im considered as an"old timer " but I visit this site quite frequently already back in the 90`s...if Im not mistaken  ::)

most difficult thing for me is to put my thoughts in english

I too have that problem at times.I do have every now and then something to say but I choose not to do so if it`s going to be too difficult to translate(I guess Im a bit lazy,huh?) ...also Eastwood`s films opens in US and just about every other country before Finland and I don`t want to spoil the film for me by reading fellow fans` thoughts about the film(s) and obviously don`t have anything to say about the film before seeing it so after Ive seen the film(s) all the intresting notions,ideas,thoughts has been said so many times already so there`s no point me saying the same things intresting or not once again.

_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »

I'm as new as they come, but if it makes anyone feel any better, I ain't going nowhere.

To quote Rocky: "You ain't never gettin' read of me"  ;)

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 01:17:13 PM »

I'm as new as they come, but if it makes anyone feel any better, I ain't going nowhere.

To quote Rocky: "You ain't never gettin' read of me"  ;)

Sounds good to me.  It is great to have members who are around a lot and join in with many of the discussions.   :) :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:18:54 PM by Lin. » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 02:05:16 AM »

Does anyone have any suggestions of getting the board lively again. We've had plenty of tag games and survivor games, & they do get a little stale after a while, so if anyone has a suggestion, please post about it.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Aline

Email
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 07:33:07 AM »

Does anyone have any suggestions of getting the board lively again. We've had plenty of tag games and survivor games, & they do get a little stale after a while, so if anyone has a suggestion, please post about it.

I think we have material enough here to have fun. The problem is the lack of enthusiasm. There's nothing worse than that because it's contagious. And there's nothing you can do about it, you can't just shake people shoulders and force them to reply. :P

Also, some people work the whole day and personal problems can interfere too.

We could do others surveys games. Each one, a different person gets in charge to collect the final results.
Examples:

List your 10 favorite actors and why

List your 10 favorite actresses and why

Which roles you would like Clint to play (or had played)

I know some of this has been done in the past but we could do again...we have some new members so we would get different answers. Those things could bring fun to the board.

Also, a thing that bothers me a little is...I think several times before posting something here afraid of offending anyone or being too silly. I'm not intend to leave anytime soon but sometimes it's frustrating not getting replies.

Do you want a test? I'm going to start a thread right now. Let's see how it will do.
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »

I can't figure out why it's not lively being that Clint is still alive and currently still working.  I'll have to admit, I am new and am a huge Clint fan, but sometimes I would start threads and there would be no response for days; that is a little disappointing and doesn't generate a lot of excitement for further posting.  I'm a member of another forum about a tv show( I'm not mentioning the forum because I don't know if it's allowed)  that has been off the air for 36 years and most of the actors are deceased, but it has all the buzz as though it were about a current rock band.  You can put something in "off topic" and I guarantee it will get 15 hits the first day.  I don't know how to explain it, but like someone else said, you can't twist people's arms.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »

I think part of the problem is that this forum has been active for more than ten years. Most of the regular posters have been here for four or five years, at least ... we've had a lot of lively discussions about Clint's films in the past, but after a while, people feel they're kind of repeating themselves and get tired of saying the same things.

That said, when Clint comes out with a new film almost every year, it is kind of strange that we can't keep a good discussion going at least about the newer films.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 02:59:40 AM »

There is two good things about this forum.(amongst many other things.).

One, is that everyone is passionate about CE.

Two, is that everyone here is polite and genuine.

It comes down to the subject matter. Mr Eastwood.
Respect for him and respect for each other.
I think it's that simple, I'd rather read intelligent talk than crap.

It's been said before it's quality not quantity. ;)

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 04:05:50 AM »

There is two good things about this forum.(amongst many other things.).

One, is that everyone is passionate about CE.

Two, is that everyone here is polite and genuine.

It comes down to the subject matter. Mr Eastwood.
Respect for him and respect for each other.
I think it's that simple, I'd rather read intelligent talk than crap.

It's been said before it's quality not quantity. ;)

100% agree.

I'm a member of a few other forums, but hardly ever drop in there anymore as a lot of the time you post something and you get shouted down from lunatics or people looking for an argument for no other reason than to just annoy you.

You don't get that here. People may not always agree with your views on something, but as SC said, everyone's polite and if they disagree they'll give their reasons but they don't make you feel uncomfortable because it's different from your view.

I understand when new members post & there's not much response, that it is a little discouraging to post again, but I had the same problem when I first joined. I always thought I was being ignored because I'm the new kid on the block, but sometimes it may take a few weeks before someone with an interest in that topic is online to respond to it. I also drove KC crazy posting about things that were already posted on the board, because I never did a search on topics.

That's why when I can I just keep digging through the old threads, and I mean some from way back when this board started just to find some interesting discussions, and there are plenty to be found. That Joe, Manco, Blondie thread I revived last week is one. There's nothing wrong with reviving old threads, even those members still here may have changed their opinion from when they originally posted in the thread.

So all I'm trying to say is, you just have to stick around. If you post a new topic and it doesn't get much of a response don't worry too much. I'll probably come across it in a couple of years. ;)

Since I posted about suggestions to liven the board a couple of days ago, I started to think we're not going too bad here. We may not get 100 posts a day to read but like SC said it's quality not quantity. I'd rather read 10 great posts a day here than 100 poor ones on another forum/s.

Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 04:31:24 AM »

Right on brother.

My thoughts excatly. We'll be right. Eastwood will always live on.

I've got a good story to tell later on.(Well it's about where I work?) It's about the new breed!!!

Cheers SC.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 03:05:54 PM »

SC, KC and SK have good points there. Do not get discouraged herofan. There have been topics that I have started and did not get the responses that I thought they would generate. I learned not to take it personally and looking at some of the threads I started ,I wonder why in the hell did I start that?  ;D Too many beers that night maybe.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2009, 05:01:34 PM »

I was going to start a new topic but I remembered this thread from a couple of months ago, and it's a good a place as any to what I'm about to say.

I'm putting out an all points bulletin to all our former members who have vanished without a trace in the last few years.

Where are you?

Matt, Lilly, mgk, Agent. I'm sure there are a few others, if you're out there and still drop by the board as a guest to see what's going on. Just log in and say hi, you don't have to post everyday, we'd just like to know that you're still with us.

When I found out that little_bill had passed away and that it was nearly two years previously, it really struck me how much we're like family here and when one hasn't been around for a while, we get worried. Well I do anyway.

So anyone who's been a member and still visits the board and reads this. Please log in and let us know how you're doing.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »

I've heard from mgk recently by e-mail. I know she does drop by sometimes, but not to post.

You others ... where are you? Please do give us a sign if you can!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »

I was going to start a new topic but I remembered this thread from a couple of months ago, and it's a good a place as any to what I'm about to say.

I'm putting out an all points bulletin to all our former members who have vanished without a trace in the last few years.

Where are you?

Matt, Lilly, mgk, Agent. I'm sure there are a few others, if you're out there and still drop by the board as a guest to see what's going on. Just log in and say hi, you don't have to post everyday, we'd just like to know that you're still with us.

When I found out that little_bill had passed away and that it was nearly two years previously, it really struck me how much we're like family here and when one hasn't been around for a while, we get worried. Well I do anyway.

So anyone who's been a member and still visits the board and reads this. Please log in and let us know how you're doing.

I second that.   Unless folk log in from time to time we have no way of knowing what has happened to them.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 03:04:17 PM »

Alleycat is someone I noticed has been missing.

And yes, Matt... where is he?  :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T