News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Calling all old timers  (Read 33006 times)
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2016, 09:31:53 AM »

If you ever need someone to talk to I'm happy to listen and perhaps help out any way I can.  :D

Thank you, Shannon, I may need that. 

Welcome back Aline.

So sorry to hear the news about your mother. Hope things are looking brighter for you now.

Thank you, SK!

Hi Aline! Did I know you before I left? I was gone from 2007 to late 2015, but I have read your posts on the board. It's good to have you back. I was sorry to see you deleted your account, and I know Richard tried to restore it, but I guess that's not possible. You were a very active member, so hopefully you can get your five stars back soon. Maybe you can get Two Mules to come back too. I loved his Toons.

Yes, Matt, you knew me. I was on the board while you were a moderator, then the board changed the layout. I left for a while and when I got back you weren't around anymore but I totally remember you.

Twomules has been very busy so unfortunately I don't think he will be back anytime soon but you never know.

I appreciate Richard trying to restore my account and I understand it wasn't possible.

I remember when I came back, I was a little embarrassed at first, not sure I'd be welcomed back. It's hard to just up and leave a community, and then show back up. You're not sure if they'll want you back. But, this is a great community, full of the most amazing people. Not only did they want me back, but I'm a Moderator again, and it feels like I never left -- though the board is a lot slower. I hope you'll help fix that.

You just translated my feelings. When I was trying to register and having troubles doing it, my thought was "so that's it? You dedicate years of your life to a board and they don't want you anymore? :'( "  I want to start posting but I am feeling like I am "out of practice", you know, so give me some time.  ;)

Aline, it is so wonderful to see you back on the board! Are you still Clint's best and truest fan in all Brazil (if not all South America)?

I totally am, KC! :smitten: I changed my laptop and lost all my contacts. I still had one of your email addresses but I remember you changed it. During all this time I wanted to contact you so much, I always had you as a virtual very loyal friend.
Thank you for the condolences. It's still crazy hard for me looking at pictures of her. To me, my mother was the most beautiful and sweetest person that walked on the earth :'(

Elizabeth and Chris, thank you. I missed you.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:02:26 PM by Aline » Logged

I used to have the five stars
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2016, 11:02:29 AM »

And Shannon lost her father in a tragic car accident also, so you two have something sad in common.  :'(

Aline, you're very welcome here. I must have tried logging in 20 times when I first came back, and was almost ready to give up when I finally got it right. I think the Spam notification you received may have been due to the board recognizing your email address... we only allow members to sign up with one account and one email address, so it flagged it because the email address had been used before, that was all. :)

And that photo of you and your mother is so very special. I posted a photo of my grandmother in the Photographer's thread. You'll find it on Page 1 of the Off Topic forum.  You'll enjoy that thread -- it's where we post personal photos that mean something special to us.

For some reason, this board is very different from Facebook, there's so little tolerance for a lot of personal photos here. On Facebook, we want to always thumbs-up personal pics. Here ... one or two a year is great. More than that feels strange. There's something that's built into this board of anonymity and old school message board weirdness that is so freaking cool... so aside from a few photos in that thread, and a few special photos like the one you posted here, that's advice that I'd think might be good to not drive tempers flaring.

By the way, beautiful avatar. I hope you keep that.

When I came back to the board, KC was the one I missed the most too. She is a very special "Virtual very loyal friend" as you put it. I do remember you a bit -- my memory is full of holes. I'm getting too old. It's great to see you here.  Just jump in wherever you feel comfortable.

Check out our Eastwood Challenge! It's been fantastic. We have threads all over the General Discussion forum, and you can jump in anywhere, anytime you want.  :)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2016, 09:11:32 PM »

And Shannon lost her father in a tragic car accident also, so you two have something sad in common.  :'(

There is a news very happy on this board but there is also a very sad news....... But " C'est ša la vie!! '" unfortunately..... :(
 Deeply condolences to you both....  :'(

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2016, 09:20:24 PM »

There is a news very happy on this board but there is also a very sad news....... But " C'est ša la vie!! '" unfortunately..... :(

6 years ago heart attack I was with him on the way home from the doctor's appointment and huge crash, car got totaled it was on TV too
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2016, 08:24:14 AM »

6 years ago heart attack I was with him on the way home from the doctor's appointment and huge crash, car got totaled it was on TV too

So sad, Shannon. I wasn't with my mother. She was on a trip with her sister and two nephews to spend easter holiday in the country. A truck came on the opposite direction. It was a major accident. She was the only one the passed away. My cousin Ana was serious injured but she is fine now although with some sequels.

Thank you, higashimori :(

Check out our Eastwood Challenge! It's been fantastic. We have threads all over the General Discussion forum, and you can jump in anywhere, anytime you want.  :)

I will, Matt. I also miss the movie nights a lot O0

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2016, 08:49:12 AM »

I will, Matt. I also miss the movie nights a lot O0

We'll be doing Trouble with the Curve next, I believe in August. We haven't had much participation for movie nights for a while -- the board has been slow. We've lost too many members, and we're in a rebuilding phase. Now that you're back, and we're rebuilding, we may be able to get movie nights happening more often again. I'll be posting details about Trouble with the Curve soon. It's going to be a special Movie Night. We've been doing these lately combined with celebrations for member events. We recently had a Bachelorette Movie Nightfor Satu (you wouldn't believe how crazy that got, if you ever want to read some board silliness, check that thread out) and Trouble with the Curve will be a baby shower for Shannon and Kenny (it won't be as raucous. ;)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #206 on: July 02, 2016, 01:00:07 AM »

So nice to see this on the front page of the Board ...

Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2016, 08:46:13 AM »

So nice to see this on the front page of the Board ...

:smitten:

Blu

Would you like some of Bill Carson's tobacco too ?

View Profile Email
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »

Good to keep up with current events, but it's even better to know that Clint is STILL ALIVE !!!    O0   

-Blu

P.S.   The 'Dirty Harry Trestle Display' is no longer in the lobby of the Lark Theater.  They don't want it anymore.  It appears I'll have to find a new home for it, maybe at the Marin Brewing Company  --more or less the site where Dirty Harry ended ...   8)

P.P.S.    It's good to be back ...   ;) 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:19:24 PM by Blu » Logged

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin'[/b]...."
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2016, 08:23:50 PM »

Blu! 7 years between posts. Wow. Stick around. We have a Movie Club going on now -- maybe you can join us now and then. We just started our first week - Scarface 1932 vs. Scarface 1983.  Check out the SCHEDULE.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2016, 08:52:51 PM »

Welcome back, Blu! 8)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2016, 05:16:57 AM »

This ain't a proper thread title to start the day  :knuppel2:

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2016, 08:26:10 PM »

We've moved Blu's post and the three replies that followed it to this thread, because Blu's original thread title "Clint's Death Has Been Greatly Exaggerated ...," posted in the News forum, was causing some members anxiety. :o (And not just Antonis, above!)

I hope Blu doesn't mind. And we all hope he'll come back again and post some more! :)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2016, 08:43:44 PM »

We've moved Blu's post and the three replies that followed it to this thread, because Blu's original thread title "Clint's Death Has Been Greatly Exaggerated ...," posted in the News forum, was causing some members anxiety. :o (And not just Antonis, above!)

I hope Blu doesn't mind. And we all hope he'll come back again and post some more! :)
I'd wondered if Blu had heard a rumor or a hoax about that. ???

At any rate, it's nice to see another old timer back on the board. Welcome back, Blu!
Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2016, 02:34:33 PM »

Well, if you search the internet under 'Clint Eastwood Death/Dead', you'll find that there was, in fact, a 'false news story' that circulated last week that Clint had passed away.  The 'obituary' blurbs looked pretty authentic.  I have this vision of Clint being invited to appear on one of those late night shows, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, etc.   He goes on stage, he sits down, and they start with,

Jimmy Kimmel:    There was a rumor going around last week that you had died ...

Clint:                   :coolsmiley:, Yeah, well, it's good to know I'm still alive ...   

I think someone should have used a fact-checker on that one ...    ;)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:55:24 PM by Blu » Logged

Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2016, 02:42:38 PM »

P.S.     Matt, et. al.,  on the subject of remakes, of course you know that they're doing a remake of The Beguiled ...  Stars Kirsten Dunst, one of my favorite actresses.   :smitten:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:53:38 PM by Blu » Logged

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »

Yeah, we have a thread for that in the News section. It's actually looking pretty interesting to me, though some here aren't anticipating it well.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #217 on: January 01, 2017, 03:22:02 PM »

Can you believe that it's Masterchief's 27th birthday today? :o

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2018, 07:56:58 PM »

It's Holden Pike's birthday today ... he hasn't been around here in a long time, and I miss him.

Wherever you are ... I hope you had a great day today, Holden! 8)

Edit: I have to add Holden's old signature to go with that pic ...

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 08:03:21 PM by KC » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2018, 08:01:36 PM »

Have to add a shout-out to Sylvie, who, like Holden, is one of the relatively few Board members I've actually met, and a most pleasant time we had that afternoon, too.

Joyeux anniversaire, Sylvie! :)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T