News: Eastwood's latest work, "Jersey Boys," premiers in most locations on June 20th, 2014.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Japan honors Clint Eastwood in spring decorations !  (Read 1434 times)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: April 29, 2009, 03:11:35 AM »

:)  Japan honour makes Eastwood's Day !    O0

Very good new !  I am very glad  and very proud for him !  ::)  It will be very good publicity for ' Gran Torino ' released  since last Saturday .
      But, I does not understand for what that's written ' Baseball ' in the top of this article ?    :-\

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/govt-honors-wbc-team-actors-scientists-in-spring-decorations

BASEBALL
Japan honors Clint Eastwood in spring decorations
Wednesday 29th April, 08:07 AM JST

TOKYO —
U.S. actor and film director Clint Eastwood and the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize laureate Wangari Maathai are among 70 foreign recipients from 32 countries of this year’s spring decorations by the Japanese government, the Foreign Ministry said Wednesday.

Eastwood is hailed for boosting mutual understanding between Japan and the United States through production of smash-hit, award-winning movies. In 2006, he released two movies on a fierce World War II battle between Japan and the United States—‘‘Flags of Our Fathers’’ and ‘‘Letters from Iwo Jima.’’Maathai, 69, will receive the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun, while Eastwood, 78, will be given the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/04/29/2555671.htm
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:14:26 AM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 06:15:08 AM »

:)  " Longtime Weyerhaeuser exec William Franklin receives Japan's Order of the Rising Sun award "

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2009414103_franklin030.html?syndication=rss

By Kristi Heim

Franklin said his grandchildren were impressed that he shared an award with Clint Eastwood but couldn't imagine what they had in common.

"Quite a bit," Franklin said. Eastwood first became famous for the TV show "Rawhide," in which he drove cattle from Texas to Sedalia, Missouri, where Franklin was born. Eastwood went to work at Weyerhaeuser in Springfield, Oregon, and then came to Seattle, where he studied music at Seattle University. Franklin taught there.

"Now that we share this award, I'm a little surprised he hasn't called me to be in his next movie," Franklin joked to the audience. "That could happen anytime."

I would like to watch Clint whom attaches this decoration !

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 01:59:26 AM »

:)  Finally !  " Clint Eastwood receives Japanese decoration in LA "   O0

http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/clint-eastwood-receives-japanese-decoration-in-la

LOS ANGELES —
U.S. actor and film director Clint Eastwood on Wednesday received the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon from the Japanese government at this year’s spring decorations.

Japanese Consul General Junichi Ihara said Eastwood received the award for boosting mutual understanding between Japan and the United States through the production of smash-hit, award-winning movies.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:58:14 AM by higashimori » Logged

Aline

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 04:52:05 AM »

:)  Finally !  " Clint Eastwood receives Japanese decoration in LA "   O0

That's a great picture!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T