News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: josey wales remake  (Read 11926 times)
joseywalessepulveda

View Profile Email
« on: May 24, 2009, 10:22:28 AM »

I'm a hugh josey wales movie fan and i would like to hear from others in regards to Clint Eastwood producing a remake of Josey Wales. I would love to see a remake of josey wales using Hugh Jackman as Josey Wales and Clint Eastwood directing and producing this remake. I would love to hear everones take on this possibility? I'm confident that this would be a Blockbuster hit!  What do you think?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 11:46:20 AM »

In a word: No. That movie was done right the first time around, directed by and starring Clint. Why in the world would Clint want to direct another actor in a part he had once played to perfection?

Or do you think Hugh Jackman would make a better Josey Wales than Clint Eastwood did? ???
joseywalessepulveda

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 04:33:52 PM »

I respect your opinion but by no means a remake of Josey Wales would ever out do the performance of Clint Eastwood. The movie Josey Wales produced in 1976 will always be a world class western, but how many movies have you seen that have been reproduced a second time and became a huge hit. For example the Titanic, Superman, Batman, etc. I personally loved the movie Josey Wales and have seen it hundreds of times but I guarantee you that I would be the first one in line at the box office if it was reproduced and directed by Clint Eastwood.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 04:42:53 PM »

How many great films can you name that have been remade by their own director and with someone else in what had been his starring role? Hitchcok remade his own The Man Who Knew Too Much, but he thought he hadn't been wholly successful with the first version, and he changed the story quite a bit. Also, of course ..... he wasn't the star of the original film.

As for the films you mentioned: we're not talking disaster films or comic book movies here, but a very specific story that has already been told in the best possible way.

I really don't understand this obsession with re-makes in the film business. No one ever says, "That Moby-Dick is a great book, why doesn't someone rewrite it?" Or, "Mona Lisa is a terrific painting, let's find someone to re-paint it."
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 05:56:52 PM »

Why are there remakes ?

There are very few good ideas left out there and Hollwood will always play the safe cards of sequels and remakes.

Remake of The outlaw Josey Wales ..... Yuk !!  >:(

You can't improve something that was perfect the first time around.

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 08:24:55 PM »

I personally would not like to see The Outlaw Josey Wales remade. It was masterpiece when made. Clint was at a great age for the part and Chief Dan George is dead. Who would you get to play his part and do justice to Lone Watie? It cannot be done in my opinion.
I am not against remakes by no means but not this one.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Aline

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 04:49:48 AM »

I wouldn't like that either, it shouldn't even to be considered.
The Outlaw Josey Wales was a masterpiece, I can't picture no other actor in that role and the movie itself was too well done to any remake. >:(
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 08:44:26 AM »

Luckily this will never happen...but if you`re big fan of Josey Wales character then there`s always the sequel: The Return of Josey Wales which Im as keen to watch as Im keen to watch any Eastwood film-remakes  ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0331327/

Aline

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 11:06:40 AM »

Luckily this will never happen...but if you`re big fan of Josey Wales character then there`s always the sequel: The Return of Josey Wales which Im as keen to watch as Im keen to watch any Eastwood film-remakes  ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0331327/

How could I forget that one? I remember when I started to get obsessive with Clint, I was desperate trying to find others of his movies (which aren't so available in VHS era). When I saw that one, I picked it up right away, sure it was with him. When I got home and started watching it and I realized it wasn't, I don't remember crying that hard in my life as my mother called me stupid for being so hysterical. After some years on the couch and I got over it and I have my "idolatries" under control now.

I guess my mind had blocked that memory, but thank you for reminding me, Hemlock. :-\
 ;D
IamTenBears

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 08:24:29 PM »

The Outlaw Josey Wales is a sacred masterpiece and is as flawless a film as has ever graced the silver screen; if they do a remake, no matter who is involved with it, I will quit watching movies forever.  Let Hollywood remake bad movies or movies that were alright but could have been a lot better with higher production values, but leave the truly great films like Josey Wales alone.  And, I am sorry, the movie is so close to Eastwood personally that I just don't think he would even consider tampering with it; I think it is Eastwood's most complete film and one of the greatest westerns/films of all time (the best if you ask me).  There would be a huge backlash against it much like we are witnessing with the rumoured remake of the The Karate Kid.
Gaucho Gringo

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 09:15:20 PM »

Oh come on, these are commercially made movies that are made to be entertaining and make money for the people making the the movies, not shrines which you bow down to. I have enjoyed watching Clint Eastwood for almost 50 years, but  he is not a god. Did anyone ever consider that he might have come up with new ideas on how to tell the story. 
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 09:49:08 PM »

Perhaps. But I'm sure Clint wouldn't want to be the one to do it.

Did Orson Welles ever consider remaking Citizen Kane?
Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 01:21:02 AM »

Probably. But he would have been drunk at the time.

Remaking Josey Wales would be as bad as remaking Shane.

Oh wait, Clint did that with Pale Rider...  ;)
Aline

Email
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 04:35:06 AM »

Oh come on, these are commercially made movies that are made to be entertaining and make money for the people making the the movies, not shrines which you bow down to. I have enjoyed watching Clint Eastwood for almost 50 years, but  he is not a god. Did anyone ever consider that he might have come up with new ideas on how to tell the story. 

Gaucho Gringo, nobody here ever said Clint is a god, but some of his movies are unretouchable. The Outlaw Josey Wales is one of them. ;)

Sorry the off-topic, but I have a thing for usernames. Wonder where are you from  ::) ???
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 03:54:52 PM »

Perhaps. But I'm sure Clint wouldn't want to be the one to do it.

No he did those sherry commercials instead !!

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 11:19:26 AM »

I hope The Outlaw Josey Wales is never remade.  Leave it alone.  It's great just the way it is.  Dirty Harry.  That's another one.  There have been plenty of wannabes over the years, but Dirty Harry is the best of the lot.  Not even Eastwood could do the character justice in his sequels, with the exception of The Enforcer.  The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, another one.  Don't touch it.  Leave it alone.  Unforgiven should never be remade, either.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Eyuh.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 08:10:53 AM »

I hope The Outlaw Josey Wales is never remade.  Leave it alone.  It's great just the way it is.  Dirty Harry.  That's another one.  There have been plenty of wannabes over the years, but Dirty Harry is the best of the lot.  Not even Eastwood could do the character justice in his sequels, with the exception of The Enforcer.  The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, another one.  Don't touch it.  Leave it alone.  Unforgiven should never be remade, either.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree with you Brian.   I don't think there have been many remakes that are as good or better than the first.  In fact I think most of them are awful because they either try to bring them up to date or change them in some way.   If you liked the original then you are not going to enjoy seeing some other actor play the lead in a favourite movie. 
James Cameron

"I better leave before you go & lose your temper"

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 12:22:37 PM »

As much as this idea is interesting, I just can't see any possibility of a remake...Clint WAS Josey Wales ^-^  In addition there were SO MANY outstanding performances in "Josey Wales."   The friendship between Josey and the "kid"--Sam Bottoms--was a memorable part of the film.  Who could ever forget "the Missouri boatride?"    J. Cameron
Lena

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 06:24:18 AM »

*kneels and pray*

if there's a force or something somewhere in this world, please... please help those that are maybe thinking to remake this classic to Not remake it...

lol

The Mayor: Well, let's have it.
Callahan: Have what?
The Mayor: Your report! what have you been doing?
Callahan: Oh, well for the past three quarters of an hour I've been sitting on my ass in your outer office waiting on you!
sganeshkumar1989

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 02:03:11 AM »

I'm a hugh josey wales movie fan and i would like to hear from others in regards to Clint Eastwood producing a remake of Josey Wales. I would love to see a remake of josey wales using Hugh Jackman as Josey Wales and Clint Eastwood directing and producing this remake. I would love to hear everones take on this possibility? I'm confident that this would be a Blockbuster hit!  What do you think?
No need.Classics like Josey Wales come only once in a while and it's tough to recreate its magic. ::)

Every Gun Makes it own Tune!But only a Clint Eastwood cigar makes a Style statement!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T