News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How complete is your Eastwood movie collection?  (Read 45234 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2015, 08:45:31 PM »

I guess I am a little bit like you  ^-^

That's not a bad thing!  Im a good person. :)
Smitty1993

Hey there

View Profile Email
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2015, 08:57:04 AM »

That's not a bad thing!  Im a good person. :)

Same  :) my library has a massive Clint collection or maybe it's just because of me renting him, even the ones I've seen thousands of times. Yesterday I took out 6 of his and there's already 4 of his on hold again for me including Misty and Honkytonk  :D

Do you feel lucky punk 😀
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2015, 08:50:25 AM »

It's always good to support your local library! :)
Smitty1993

Hey there

View Profile Email
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2015, 04:01:48 PM »

It's always good to support your local library! :)
I've now got 23 of his and 3 picture books I won't stop drooling over 800 pictures in total. And 170 on my phone. My boyfriend won't stop bugging me about what I want for Christmas but I've got a pretty possible cheap idea a 3 movie boxset , for example my moms boyfriend has 3 western movies in one set. Just gotta write a list of the ones I don't have yet and look around

Do you feel lucky punk 😀
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2015, 02:02:19 PM »

I'm down to 4 magazines.  All Cinema Retro Clint Eastwood special editions; Where Eagles Dare (reissue); Kelly's Heroes; The Leone Trilogy and American Weterns.  I've liquidated most of my collections; books, magazines, dvds, Blu ray and cds.  Back to basics.  8)

“Eyuh.”
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »

So, you're saying your Eastwood movie collection isn't complete at all? ???
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2015, 07:53:59 PM »

^^^There was a time when I used to own every major Eastwood film on DVD and kept up with new releases.  At the time, I took comfort in knowing that my collection was as complete as could be.

I'm down to one Eastwood movie on Blu ray, Hang 'Em High.  I'm giving that to my brother-in-law.  I won't be keeping the Cinema Retro magazines, either. 

I just don't want to bother anymore.  Not only have I been liquidating my Eastwood collection, but also Elvis and Star Trek. I've lost interest in collecting anymore and have no desire to hold onto anything.  It's a liberating experience, really and I have no regrets. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:56:40 PM by Jed [Brian] Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2016, 04:32:18 PM »

I just added 2 new Clint films to my collection.. My boyfriend bought me The Enforcer and Absolute Power  O0

I watched Absolute Power the other night with a few friends.  I actually enjoyed it much more this time around.  I think its a pretty good movie.
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »

I bought lots of Clint films when I was writing my university dissertation on Clint and masculinity back in 2000. I started buying them on video (!) and continued on DVD but I didn't replace most of the videos when videos started to become obsolete, consequently I am missing films like Pink Cadillac and Heartbreak Ridge from my collection. And now I've moved on to blu-ray (as a film connoisseur) I actually have very few Clint films on blu-ray. I think I've only got Unforgiven and GBU.

I feel like I've been so busy over the last few years (or more) especially having children that I haven't watched Clint's films for a long time, I'm sorry to say. I finally watched American Sniper the other week. I'm a bit behind with his recent films.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2019, 02:38:08 PM »

I've got a few movies on VHS that I haven't replaced by DVD yet. Those are:

Play Misty for Me
High Plains Drifter
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Heartbreak Ridge
Absolute Power
Tightrope
Honkytonk Man
The Rookie
It's really something to look back at this post of mine from 2003 where I'm talking about the Eastwood movies I had on VHS. And amazing to think that I still have my VHS copies of Heartbreak Ridge, The Rookie, and Absolute Power (it took me a little longer to get DVDs of those).

I recently got the Creature from the Black Lagoon Legacy Collection that features Revenge of the Creature. I've seen the first movie before but neither of the two sequels.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2019, 07:38:50 PM »

I still have my near-complete (to that date) collection of Eastwood LaserDiscs. (Anybody want 'em?)
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2019, 11:47:42 AM »

Only 3....Letters From Iwo Jima, White Hunter Black Heart and Breezy
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2019, 12:38:42 PM »

It's really something to look back at this post of mine from 2003 where I'm talking about the Eastwood movies I had on VHS. And amazing to think that I still have my VHS copies of Heartbreak Ridge, The Rookie, and Absolute Power (it took me a little longer to get DVDs of those).

I recently got the Creature from the Black Lagoon Legacy Collection that features Revenge of the Creature. I've seen the first movie before but neither of the two sequels.

I own all of Clints movies on DVD that he's had a acting starring role in. I don't think I own any of his directed only non acting movies. But I'm sure I will own a few of them at some point. I am wanting to get Creature from the Black Lagoon legacy collection. Mostly because of Revenge of the Creature and Clints very first ever appearance in a film. Even though it's a very very small role it's still his first ever appearance. So it would be cool to own that movie to go along with all of his starring role movies I own. I would also like to own his Mr ED guest appearance episode. I really enjoy that episode. Wish you could just buy that one episode instead of the season. But I think you can probably watch it on you tube any time. Christopher is Creature from the Black Lagoon any good?  I've never seen any of these movies before?  Anyone else feel free to chime in about these movies.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2019, 02:15:42 PM »

I watched Creature from the Black Lagoon a few years ago and enjoyed it. I like those old Universal horror movies though, and actually have a few of the legacy collections on DVD (The Invisible Man, Frankenstein, Dracula). So I got the set because I like the first movie and I think it'll be fun to check out the sequels. And it will be fun, of course, to see Clint in an early film appearance.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2020, 12:27:12 AM »

Finally got this one added to my collection today.  8) 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Speer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2020, 06:30:20 AM »

Some in DVD, some in BD, some as a file (the oldest ones). I own all Eastwood movies from 1955 to 2019. Not all masterpieces but never mind. There are some watched just once (City Heat, Paint your wagon, Every Which Way But Loose) and other watched hundreds of times. I miss Casper and Bruce Almighty but... it's excusable, isn't it? :2funny:

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2020, 07:22:22 AM »

I have Casper on DVD (had it on VHS when I was a kid ;D).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T