News: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood: now on disc and streaming!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Star is Born (former Eastwood project) news  (Read 4047 times)
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 12:11:36 AM »

Wow, the thread is nearly five years old (this has to be the longest thread I've ever started too :laugh: ), and it finally looks like it's going to happen.

Is anyone else surprised that Cooper is looking to direct this himself? Has he directed anything before?
According to IMDb Bradley Cooper has seven credits as a producer and two future rumored projects as a director. A Star is Born is one of those projects.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 07:58:45 PM »

Looks like Lady Gaga will get the role......
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 08:40:20 PM »

^ Link?
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 08:48:21 PM »

I just looked that up and saw several sites reporting that it's a possibility.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jun/16/lady-gaga-star-is-born-remake-bradley-cooper-direct

I've still never seen any version of this movie, but if that does work out with Gaga, it would be more appealing than Beyonce (and yes, I defended her earlier in the thread, but Gaga interests me more). Perhaps I'll check out the original version before this one.
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 10:53:40 PM »

Can't wait! I've seen the original which was pretty great, bought my friend the 54 version for her birthday, and bought the Barbara Streisand version for myself. Hopefully it does the film the justice it deserves.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 08:43:32 PM »

If this project is finished for Mr Eastwood, it may be better talking to other thread, to  '' POSSIBLE FUTURE MOVIES'' ?

" Lady Gaga in Talks for Bradley Cooper’s ‘A Star Is Born’ Remake "

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-remake-bradley-cooper-1201796597/

http://deadline.com/2016/06/lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-a-star-is-born-remake-1201774136/

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 09:37:05 AM »

I totally think they should get someone brand new that nobody has ever heard before or perhaps an American Idol performer someone, this could be there big break especially if there not well known

I totally agree.

I am surprised this project is still being considerated but if it still is, could be anyone just not Beyoncè :(

I used to have the five stars
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 06:29:38 PM »

I mentioned it awhile back that Esperanza Spalding would be the perfect choice. Even someone like Alicia Keys would be a decent choice though Keys is primed for a Lena Horne Bio. Other than that it's amazing how brilliant I am with Casting.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 09:11:48 PM »

Since Clint is no longer involved with this project, I've split the old Eastwood News topic "New movie? 'Clint Eastwood To Direct Beyoncé In Musical Of A Star Is Born'" and moved the "post-Clint" posts down here to the Off Topic forum.

Higashimori already suggested (a few posts above this one):

If this project is finished for Mr Eastwood, it may be better talking to other thread, to  '' POSSIBLE FUTURE MOVIES'' ?

But since there still seems to be some interest in this on the Board, and we have two pages of "post-Clint" posts already, I thought it would be OK to make a new thread in this forum.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 07:41:53 PM by KC » Logged
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 05:38:18 PM »

Lady Gaga Confirmed for Bradley Cooper’s ‘A Star Is Born’ Remake
Gaga will compose original songs for the film, which she will also perform
Beatrice Verhoeven | August 16, 2016 @ 2:37 PM
http://www.thewrap.com/lady-gaga-confirmed-for-bradley-coopers-a-star-is-born-remake/
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »

Not much interested if Clint is not going to direct it anymore, but I liked that Lady Gaga took the role. :)

I used to have the five stars
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 09:03:58 PM »

Maybe they should change the title to "A Star is Reborn"! :D
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 03:11:11 PM »

This is pretty unbelievable, if true. I'm glad Clint moved away from this one. I'm not superstitious, but it seems like this project might be cursed!

http://www.showbiz411.com/2016/09/07/bradley-cooper-may-leave-star-is-born-for-different-movie-but-another-star-wants-same-role
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2018, 05:54:29 PM »

I saw "A Star Is Born" yesterday and liked it. I haven't seen any of the other versions of the film, so I can't compare them, but I thought Bradley Cooper did a nice job directing it. He appears to have real talent as a director. I'd definitely be interested in seeing him direct more.

The film had an intimacy and a vibrancy that really worked and Lady Gaga was a great pairing for his character. I was also impressed with how good his singing was, given that he is not known for any kind of vocal talent. The first hour of the movie is definitely better than the second half, and I'm not traditionally a fan of tragic romances, but I think Bradley Cooper told this story about as well as it could be told. For the type of film that it is, it's quite good.

I think a younger person like Bradley Cooper was a much better choice to direct this than Eastwood would have been. I think Eastwood is probably too old to have given the film the same type of vibrancy and intimacy that Cooper created. It seemed to be a deeply personal film for him, which it wouldn't have been for Eastwood. Lady Gaga is also a much better actress than Beyonce would have been.

Whether someone likes this film or not will likely come down to whether you enjoy the songs. I did, so I liked it, but if it's not your kind of music, you may not enjoy it. I may have to stop saying how much I hate musicals, since after "La La Land," this is the second musical that I've enjoyed, so it may just have to be the right musical for me to appreciate it!
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2018, 10:44:14 PM »

Nothing great. Cooper though was smart enough to fill most of the movie with Gaga singing.A tearjerker with box office expectations and nothing more.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T