News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Movie Discussion  (Read 1598 times)
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

I Have A Horse, And The West Is Wide.

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2017, 03:54:47 PM »

I haven't read any of The Dark Tower series, and haven't planned on going to see the movie anyhow, but it's surprising to hear they'd take aspects from the whole series and put it in only one movie! I figured they were aiming to make a few movies at least.

That's what I thought and they do (kind of a spoiler) leave it open for a sequel. Maybe they're going to use the leftover parts for the next one (if there is one)

They'd never forget, the day the stranger rode into town.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2017, 12:48:06 PM »

I forgot to mention that I have the first book in the series, but just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I didn't know much about the plot line until the movie trailer, and it does sound interesting.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2017, 06:15:44 PM »

Madame

Anne and Bob, an American couple living in Paris, organize a dinner party and invite ten friends. Bob's son arrives by surprise and the total number of guests is now 13. The superstitious Anne asks her maid, Maria, to pretend to be a rich Spanish friend and join the table. Maria meets David, a British aristocrat. They both like each other and will continue their relationship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madame_(2017_film)

A nice little film. Even though I loathed Toni Collette's character, Anne. She does play her part well.

4/5.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T