News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Celebrity Obituary Thread  (Read 203994 times)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #420 on: May 04, 2011, 02:30:07 AM »

Cancer is cruel. It took my mother when she was 59. It spared my cousin, though--She got cancer at 16, but she's 61 or 62 now.

So true.  My mom as well.  She was just 3 days shy of her 64th birthday when she left us a little over 4 years ago.

My mom has been dead a long time now, but I still miss her. I can imagine how you feel when the passing of your mom is still relatively recent.

It was my Dad who died from cancer just 6 weeks after diagnosis. 

We never really recover from the loss of our parents and continue to miss them for the rest of our lives.  My parents died within 3 months of each other in 2001 and early 2002 but it still seems like yesterday and I still have things I want to say to them. 

This is a little off topic, but then again our families are celebrities to us.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

Endeavor to persevere.

View Profile Email
« Reply #421 on: May 04, 2011, 04:26:58 AM »

My mom has been dead a long time now, but I still miss her. I can imagine how you feel when the passing of your mom is still relatively recent.

Thanks, LCat.  The first year especially, and to top it off our first born came along within that first year and at times I was saddened at the reminder she was gone before his birth.  That first month she came to me in a dream after a weekend of intense physical labor.  No words were spoken, she just came over to me and hugged me and it was the best feeling in the world.  I'm getting choked up now just relaying the story again here.  I truly feel she knew how exhausted I was and came to me in my dream to comfort me.  It was fantastic to say the least.

I reckon so.
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #422 on: May 04, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »

Thanks, LCat.  The first year especially, and to top it off our first born came along within that first year and at times I was saddened at the reminder she was gone before his birth.  That first month she came to me in a dream after a weekend of intense physical labor.  No words were spoken, she just came over to me and hugged me and it was the best feeling in the world.  I'm getting choked up now just relaying the story again here.  I truly feel she knew how exhausted I was and came to me in my dream to comfort me.  It was fantastic to say the least.

Hi, Brian.

(You were in labor? Then I guess you are not really Brian-- ;D)  I, too have had dreams in which the dead have appeared and somehow comforted me! It's a great feeling.

My mom was a celebrity--She was a champion marathon swimmer who got a key to the city eons ago. I still have left the crumbling newspaper article that she even had her photo in. Too bad my mom didn't cut out the date and name of the paper as well. 

Goals are Great!
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

Endeavor to persevere.

View Profile Email
« Reply #423 on: May 04, 2011, 11:05:34 AM »

Hi, Brian.

(You were in labor? Then I guess you are not really Brian-- ;D)  I, too have had dreams in which the dead have appeared and somehow comforted me! It's a great feeling.

My mom was a celebrity--She was a champion marathon swimmer who got a key to the city eons ago. I still have left the crumbling newspaper article that she even had her photo in. Too bad my mom didn't cut out the date and name of the paper as well. 

Oh, I guess I should've said 'manual' labor instead of 'physical'?  What happened was later the same month my mom passed, there was a fire at my wife's brother's home.  He got out okay but unfortunately lost a dog and a cat.  The main structure had to come down but the two additions needed to be stripped or else they would've had to come down as well and he wanted to prevent that.  So, for the better part of two days I was tearing out walls and ceilings; pulling out nails and staples, removing insulation and everything else you can think of.  It was very tiring but there was a lot of us and we successful.  He's since had the main structure rebuilt and the two additions redone and it looks better than before.

That's very interesting about your mom.  At least you have the newspaper.  I'm wondering if, before there's any more potential damage, there's a way to preserve it?  You've probably already thought of that, though, right?  It is unfortunate about the date and name of the paper.  Still, memories are priceless and we have those.  Even when the occasional negative memory resurfaces I don't mind and don't dwell, just happy to even have the memory because it's better than not having it at all.

I reckon so.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #424 on: May 05, 2011, 12:42:11 AM »

Jackie Cooper has passed away aged 88.

A child star of the 1930's. Most of us will probably best remember him as Perry White from the Christopher Reeve Superman films of the 1970's and 80's. He also directed many episodes of the television series MASH

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-jackie-cooper-20110505-3,0,2190249.story

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #425 on: May 05, 2011, 07:57:14 AM »

RIP  Jackie Cooper.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #426 on: May 07, 2011, 12:46:33 AM »

Former golfer Seve Ballesteros has passed away.

Full report in little bill's Golf Thread.

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=4889.msg187363#msg187363

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #427 on: May 08, 2011, 06:56:02 AM »

He was really Great Champion!!  R.I.P Seve...  :(

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #428 on: May 08, 2011, 11:07:44 PM »

John Walker founder member of the Walker Brothers has died.   He was only 67    I think I remember Make It Easy On Yourself most of all their songs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/may/09/john-walker-walker-brothers-dies

http://www.johnwalkerinternational.com/

RIP John.
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #429 on: May 14, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »

Oh, I guess I should've said 'manual' labor instead of 'physical'?  What happened was later the same month my mom passed, there was a fire at my wife's brother's home.  He got out okay but unfortunately lost a dog and a cat.  The main structure had to come down but the two additions needed to be stripped or else they would've had to come down as well and he wanted to prevent that.  So, for the better part of two days I was tearing out walls and ceilings; pulling out nails and staples, removing insulation and everything else you can think of.  It was very tiring but there was a lot of us and we successful.  He's since had the main structure rebuilt and the two additions redone and it looks better than before.

That's very interesting about your mom.  At least you have the newspaper.  I'm wondering if, before there's any more potential damage, there's a way to preserve it?  You've probably already thought of that, though, right?  It is unfortunate about the date and name of the paper.  Still, memories are priceless and we have those.  Even when the occasional negative memory resurfaces I don't mind and don't dwell, just happy to even have the memory because it's better than not having it at all.

Sorry about the cat and the dog. I'm glad your wife's brother got out okay.

Yes, I do have memories of my mom, and that's a blessing.

Goals are Great!
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #430 on: May 16, 2011, 04:24:12 AM »

Goals are Great!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #431 on: May 21, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »

Australian acting legend Bill Hunter dies from cancer at 71

Hunter's acting career has spanned more than 50 years and 100 film and television productions, with roles in iconic Australian films including Strictly Ballroom and Gallipoli.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/acting-legend-bill-hunter-dies-at-71/story-e6frg6nf-1226060326621

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #432 on: May 21, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »

Yesterday professional wrestler Macho Man Randy Savage died. He had a heart attack while driving and then was in an accident. I remember watching him wrestle when I was a kid!

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/20/randy-savage-car-accident-macho-man-dead-dies-died-killed-wwe-wrestler-florida/
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

Endeavor to persevere.

View Profile Email
« Reply #433 on: May 27, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »

Jeff Conaway has passed away:  Los Angeles Times

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:29:50 PM by Brian Cooper » Logged

I reckon so.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #434 on: May 27, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »

Never heard of him. Oh well ... R.I.P.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #435 on: May 28, 2011, 08:53:43 AM »

I only remember him in "Grease" where he plays the "bad boy" Kenickie, (surely the second picture with the sunglasses Brian Cooper) , and on this picture, near Olivia Newton John.

R.I.P.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:00:43 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #436 on: May 28, 2011, 09:07:01 AM »

Grease and the sitcom Taxi are what he's best remembered for.

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #437 on: May 29, 2011, 04:10:48 AM »

RIP Jeff.

I remember him in Grease and Taxi too.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #438 on: May 30, 2011, 12:14:36 AM »

Australian actor Jon Blake has died. I can't find any reports on the net yet but it was just on the news on the TV.

In December 1986 Jon was driving home after the last day of shooting the film The Lighthorsemen when he was involved in a car accident which left him in a vegetated state ever since. He died today of pneumonia. He was 53.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0086605/

Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

I Have A Horse, And The West Is Wide.

View Profile Email
« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2011, 05:49:25 PM »

"Gunsmoke" and "How The West Was Won" star James Arness has passed on. He was 88

http://jamesarness.com/

They'd never forget, the day the stranger rode into town.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T