News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Celebrity Obituary Thread  (Read 204011 times)
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #900 on: March 30, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »

Goals are Great!
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #901 on: March 31, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »

^ R.I.P. Mr. Ramone.

" Richard Griffiths Dead: 'Harry Potter' Actor Dies At 65 "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/richard-griffiths-dead-harry-potter_n_2978478.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

LONDON — Richard Griffiths was one of the great British stage actors of his generation, a heavy man with a light touch, whether in Shakespeare or Neil Simon. But for millions of movie fans, he will always be grumpy Uncle Vernon, the least magical of characters in the fantastical "Harry Potter" movies.

Griffiths died Thursday at University Hospital in Coventry, central England, from complications following heart surgery, his agent, Simon Beresford, said. He was 65.

"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe paid tribute to the actor Friday, saying that "any room he walked into was made twice as funny and twice as clever just by his presence."

"I am proud to say I knew him," Radcliffe said.

R.I.P. Richard Griffiths.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #902 on: March 31, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »

RIP Richard Griffiths

I especially liked him in the UK TV series Pie in the Sky. 

65 is so young these days.
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #903 on: March 31, 2013, 06:37:12 PM »

I agree, Lin. I think dying in the 70's nowadays is early, too.

LCat

Goals are Great!
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #904 on: April 04, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #905 on: April 04, 2013, 01:35:38 PM »

Roger Ebert has died. He just announced that his cancer had returned, but I really didn't expect him to die so soon. This is tremendously sad. He died so young, and he was such an inspiration to so many people. Roger Ebert was an amazing man. He lost his ability to eat, to speak, to live life normally. Facing what he faced on a daily basis, most of us, myself included, would become bitter, collapsing under the weight of the enormity of of the problems which we faced each and every day. Not Roger Ebert. No matter what he was going through, he maintained a positive attitude, his zest for life, and his love for movies. He was first diagnosed with cancer in 2002, so he fought this horrible disease for 10 year. When celebrities die, it doesn't usually affect me but this really is devastating. Rest in Peace Roger Ebert. We will not see the likes of you again. You were one of the good ones.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/roger-ebert-dies-at-70-1200333136/
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #906 on: April 04, 2013, 06:06:39 PM »

Very sad news......
I thought he was recovered from the disease....I'm so sorry.... :(
Rest in peace, Roger.

Critic With the Golden Thumb

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/05/movies/roger-ebert-film-critic-dies.html?emc=na&_r=0

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2012/09/_what_exactly_happened_when.html

This has been interpreted in conservative circles as an attack by me, "a liberal mouthpiece." Not my intention. I tweeted out of love. If I'd had more words, I might have said he choose the wrong place and the wrong time. I was NOT implying that Clint Eastwood is "old and senile," as one right-wing blog charged.

He is old. I am old. Once we were both young and drank Guinness in a bar in Chicago, when he was still The Man With No Name. He was to move on from that evening and achieve, as actor and director, undeniable greatness. He is the opposite of senile. He is brave. He has a supremely intelligent artistic sensibility. He knows his instrument. Backstage in the briefing, he was handed the wrong sheet music.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

Endeavor to persevere.

View Profile Email
« Reply #907 on: April 04, 2013, 06:16:31 PM »

R.I.P. Peter Duryea, costar of the original Star Trek pilot, "The Cage"

Star Trek Remembering Peter Duryea, 1939-2013

I reckon so.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

Endeavor to persevere.

View Profile Email
« Reply #908 on: April 04, 2013, 06:37:40 PM »

May God Bless Mr. Gordon Stoker

Gordon Stoker

Gordon Stoker behind Ed Sullivan & Presley

Here is Mr. Stoker again with Presley, I believe around the time of the "How Great Thou Art" sessions, one of Presley's best albums.  *Interestingly, Elvis was dissatisfied about the poor quality of his current soundtrack albums, citing albums by bands such as The Beatles that had much better production, so he was definitely up on current sounds/trends (even though that wouldn’t begin to show for another year or so).

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:34:47 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

I reckon so.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

Endeavor to persevere.

View Profile Email
« Reply #909 on: April 09, 2013, 03:54:06 AM »

Roger Ebert has died. He just announced that his cancer had returned, but I really didn't expect him to die so soon. This is tremendously sad. He died so young, and he was such an inspiration to so many people. Roger Ebert was an amazing man. He lost his ability to eat, to speak, to live life normally. Facing what he faced on a daily basis, most of us, myself included, would become bitter, collapsing under the weight of the enormity of of the problems which we faced each and every day. Not Roger Ebert. No matter what he was going through, he maintained a positive attitude, his zest for life, and his love for movies. He was first diagnosed with cancer in 2002, so he fought this horrible disease for 10 year. When celebrities die, it doesn't usually affect me but this really is devastating. Rest in Peace Roger Ebert. We will not see the likes of you again. You were one of the good ones.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/roger-ebert-dies-at-70-1200333136/

Yes, very sad indeed.  Movie critics' opinions never sway my decision to see any given film but I did enjoy watching the banther between him and Gene Siskel.

Rest in peace, Mr. Ebert.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:57:44 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

I reckon so.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

Endeavor to persevere.

View Profile Email
« Reply #910 on: April 09, 2013, 04:07:36 AM »

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet:   Obituary: Margaret Thatcher 
Margaret Thatcher, who has died following a stroke, was one of the most influential political figures of the 20th Century

Rest in peace

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:34:46 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

I reckon so.
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #911 on: April 12, 2013, 09:48:41 PM »

So long, Jonathan Winters!

LCat

Goals are Great!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #912 on: April 13, 2013, 03:41:52 AM »

mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #913 on: May 07, 2013, 01:47:12 PM »

Today is a sad day, because the father of cinema fantasy has left this world. Ray Harryhausen died today. He lived a rich life and enriched the lifes of countless cinema lovers and film makers. I was lucky to have known him, years ago he ha...d invited me and Christiane to a wonderful evening at his house. Over the years we had exchanged letters which resulted in discussing a possible project. It wasn't meant to be but the memories will never fade away.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #914 on: May 07, 2013, 09:50:28 PM »

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #915 on: May 08, 2013, 10:27:21 AM »

RIP Ray Harryhausen.

What an amazing man.
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #916 on: May 08, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »

Today is a sad day, because the father of cinema fantasy has left this world. Ray Harryhausen died today. He lived a rich life and enriched the lifes of countless cinema lovers and film makers. I was lucky to have known him, years ago he ha...d invited me and Christiane to a wonderful evening at his house. Over the years we had exchanged letters which resulted in discussing a possible project. It wasn't meant to be but the memories will never fade away.

A fitting tribute, Mike.

RIP Ray Harryhausen. :(
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #917 on: May 09, 2013, 07:27:11 PM »

Losing a person we know that is very sad and very painful.   But it is great that Ray Harryhausen fully enjoyed his fantastic life I think..... :(
Rest in peace, Ray.

http://www.rayharryhausen.com/index.php

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #918 on: May 09, 2013, 07:30:33 PM »

" Longtime 'Young & the Restless' star Jeanne Cooper dies at 84 "

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/08/young-the-restless-star-jeanne-cooper-is-dead/

R.I.P. Katherine Chancellor.

LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #919 on: May 09, 2013, 08:09:16 PM »

RIP, Jeanne Cooper. You were fabulous! I'm so glad that even though I don't approve of plastic surgery, you had a great (plastic surgery) job done, and didn't end up looking something like a lion...But I digress...

LCat

Goals are Great!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 75 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T