News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which movie was better?  (Read 15238 times)
Aline

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 05:20:47 AM »

Magnum Force........it feels a bit more raw to me.

Hal Holbrooks as Lt. Briggs, in addiion to the young vigilante cops, make for much more memorable villains and adds an interesting dynamic to the story.

Totally agree. I even became interested in others works of Hal Holbrook after watching this movie. He is brilliant as the traitor snake who throughout the whole movie convinced us he was a law man. His bloody face showing up outside Harry's car window with his gun pointed at him, always causes the same impact on me.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:39:40 PM by KC » Logged
Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 05:01:57 AM »

Magnum Force by a looooooooooong way.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 10:05:29 PM »

Aline's post (just above Hammerhead's) was edited by the Moderators to remove a quotation from another source. The Moderators thought the quotation had the potential to be offensive. Thanks for  your understanding.
Aline

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 04:53:35 AM »

Just read your pm, KC, that's all ok. At first, I didn't think the quote offensive, but through that point of view you exposed, it really is.
MARSHALL JIM DUNCAN

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 04:45:09 PM »

The Enforcer

The weak ending to Magnum Force is the reason why I prefer The Enforcer.

Hello all, I had to weigh in on this.  Magnum Force by far.  "Weak ending"!  Do you think Dirty Harry had a weak ending too?  They were basically the same.

To your feet, ma'am.
They're almost as big as your mouth.
WildTrout

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »

I'll go with Magnum Force.  Yeah, Hal Holbrook was the difference.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 01:17:08 PM »

I thought Adele Yoshioka was the difference. Yum.....
fuel

Beer....and a bottle.

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 01:06:36 PM »

The Enforcer. It was a natural sequel to Dirty Harry, and showcased Harry's old school mentality.
The scene where he sits on the board to interview new recruits(at the dismay of Ms. Grey), shows us Harry's streetwise life experiences. I also liked the portrayal of the cold hearted anti-characters, which we see in our everyday criminals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBpyWhvfqaA
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:50:16 PM by fuel » Logged

"Well do ya, punk?!!"
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 08:46:49 AM »

This is such a good question. I love them both but like I said earlier in this thread I prefer The Enforcer. I am just glad we are not comparing Sudden Impact with The Dead Pool.  ;D

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 02:46:40 AM »

Magnum Force O0

Duncan73

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 09:23:17 AM »

Magnum Force...my feeling is that each Harry film is a little weaker than the previous one...
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 03:05:32 AM »

Magnum Force...my feeling is that each Harry film is a little weaker than the previous one...

Well said, as I totally agree!
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »

Agreed.

Magnum Force

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
perfectnumber6

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 05:48:27 PM »

I love Magnum Force! It's my hubby's favorite of all of them. I think it's my favorite behind the original.

Blondie: One, two, three, four, five and six. Six, the perfect number.
Angel Eyes: I thought three was the perfect number.
Blondie: Yeah, well I've got six more bullets in my gun.
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:03 AM »

I love Magnum Force! It's my hubby's favorite of all of them. I think it's my favorite behind the original.

Same here!  It's my favorite after the original too.  For me I like the movies in the order they were produced in.  With each one being a little weaker than the one before it.  With that said I really like all five of them.  Including The Dead Pool too even though it is defenetely the weakest one in the set!
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »

After watching both of these again on back to back nights I still like Magnum Force better.  I just thought overall Magnum Force is the better movie.  I liked the story line better and it had some very good memorable scenes that I liked alot.  With that said I do think The Enforcer is a very good movie.  I liked how Harry and officer Moore's relationship evolved throughout the movie.  Harry gradually started liking her and respecting her more and more as the movie went along.  I thought Tyne Daly did a terrific job and I like her alot.  But for me the only advantage The Enforcer has over Magnum Force is the ending.  The ending of The Enforcer was much more impactful and had more feelings involved.  And you could tell that Harry respected her alot and liked her alot after she was shot.  Espicially her saving his life and the mayor's life. And Harry using that bazooka to blow that guy up was totally awesome! O0  But for me again defenetely Magnum Force is the better overall movie. :)
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 03:18:49 AM »

One thing I liked about the ending of Magnum Force: Harry dispatches the film's entire complement of villains without having possession of his most celebrated attribute, his gun.

On the other hand, Kate sacrificing herself to save Harry at the end of The Enforcer is a lot stronger emotionally, and also contributes to solidifying the legend of Harry as the ultimate loner.

Also, think about it. Harry has got rid of all the villains without leaving one single clue. There is no fingerprint, no drop piece, no eye witness (that we the audience happened to see), no vehicle ID plate (Brigg's car), no bullets to ballistic, ad infinitum. All Harry has to do is walk away inconspicuously (as we noticed him doing) and there is nothing to connect him with the carnage. He walks back along his route and finds his gun, walks back to his apartment, and patiently waits for somebody from the department to call him with the news.

Not thud and blunder to the extent of many action films in the last minute. But a delightfully subtle way to off a gaggle of villains and then just fade away. I love it.

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T