News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HALLOWEEN 2009 !  (Read 1181 times)
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: October 31, 2009, 10:29:31 AM »

HAVE A NICE AND FUNNY HALLOWEEN NIGHT !

I've just put two big carved pumpkins in my garden, candles everywhere ... but not a single kid yet !

Will we be obliged to eat ALL theses candies ... I hope they will arrive soon ! LOL !

A small Witch just for you ! ;)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 11:26:07 AM »

Happy Halloween, Sylvie! You have got to read this, from the New York Times ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/25/opinion/25mayle.html

Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »

;)  Very funny article KC ! Thank you very much !

I've started to celebrate Halloween in 1982, at University, where I met a lot of American and English students, who were waiting for that special day to organize big feasts !!!
So from that year, I 've carved one or two pumkins, preparing soups or "gratins" with what is inside, then put candles in them every 31st of October, and I believe that my own daughters will do the same when they have their own home ! ;)

(We won't have to eat the sweets and chocolates, a band of Ghost, Skeleton, Witches, Zombie came a few minutes ago ! ;D)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:40:24 PM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 01:56:54 PM »

Happy Halloween everyone.

I didn't think Halloween was that big outside of the USA. Reading Sylvie's post, I thought, Halloween in France? I've never heard of that.

I've noticed in the last few years down here, stores selling costumes and party things for halloween, but it's never really taken off down here.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 02:24:18 PM »

There seem to be various parts of the UK that celebrate Halloween with kids calling at doors with Trick or Treat.

For me it is Samhain, the end of the Pagan year, the harvest is in and all is ready for the start of the dark days of winter.   It is a very special occasion when the veil between the worlds is at its thinnest and we set places at the table for departed relatives.  Samhain can be spent at Stone Circles or with friends at home.  It is one time of the year we do not want to spend alone.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T