News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood Films on TV and Upcoming TV Interviews  (Read 45890 times)
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 12:19:14 AM »

For obvious reasons TCM is showing Eastwood films all day on May 31st.  Here's the schedule (all times are EST, so make the appropriate adjustment if you live in a different time zone):

31 Monday
6:00 AM    First Traveling Saleslady, The (1956)

8:00 AM    Fistful Of Dollars, A (1964)

9:45 AM    For a Few Dollars More (1965)

12:00 PM    Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, The (1966)

3:00 PM    Hang 'Em High (1968)

5:00 PM    Where Eagles Dare (1969)

8:00 PM    Kelly's Heroes (1970)

10:30 PM    Eastwood Factor, The (2010)
     Film clips and interviews detail the career of actor-director Clint Eastwood. Cast: Morgan Freeman narrates. Dir: Richard Schickel. BW-88 mins, TV-MA, CC
12:15 AM    Dirty Harry (1971)

2:00 AM    Magnum Force (1973)

4:15 AM    Eastwood Factor, The (2010)

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »

I'm looking forward to The Eastwood Factor! O0
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »

German television is showing a new 30-minute documentary on Eastwood next Tuesday as part of the long-running series "Kennwort Kino." It's directed by Peter Paul Huth and Maik Platzen. It'll be followed by a showing of The Dead Pool (why? ???); later on in the week, they'll be featuring Honkytonk Man.

http://www.3sat.de/page/?source=/film/kinostarts/96636/index.html

http://www.3sat.de/page/?source=/film/144374/index.html

-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 09:17:04 AM »

My mom called and told me that Clint's on TV today (Finland).. Since I don't read the paper, I wouldn't have known. Mom's the best!

An interview and after that, a showing of Bridges of Madison County..

So I have a good evening coming up.  8)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 02:13:50 AM »

Cool as Clint week, next week on Fox Classics cable channel here in Australia.

Two films each night. May 31 - June 4.

http://www.foxclassics.com.au/#

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 05:32:23 AM »

For obvious reasons TCM is showing Eastwood films all day on May 31st.  Here's the schedule (all times are EST, so make the appropriate adjustment if you live in a different time zone):

31 Monday
6:00 AM    First Traveling Saleslady, The (1956)

8:00 AM    Fistful Of Dollars, A (1964)

9:45 AM    For a Few Dollars More (1965)

12:00 PM    Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, The (1966)

3:00 PM    Hang 'Em High (1968)

5:00 PM    Where Eagles Dare (1969)

8:00 PM    Kelly's Heroes (1970)

10:30 PM    Eastwood Factor, The (2010)
     Film clips and interviews detail the career of actor-director Clint Eastwood. Cast: Morgan Freeman narrates. Dir: Richard Schickel. BW-88 mins, TV-MA, CC
12:15 AM    Dirty Harry (1971)

2:00 AM    Magnum Force (1973)

4:15 AM    Eastwood Factor, The (2010)

" In Like Clint  "

Written by Bill DeLapp   

The octogenarian actor-director takes center stage in the so-so documentary The Eastwood Factor

http://www.syracusenewtimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4265&Itemid=148

Clinton Elias Eastwood Jr. turns 80 years young on Monday, May 31, providing a good enough reason for cable’s Turner Classic Movies to devote a day’s worth of programming to hail the actor-director’s considerable output, with everything from seminal spaghetti westerns to the adventures of Los Angeles police inspector Harry Callahan’s magnum-toting anti-hero. A new documentary titled The Eastwood Factor (Warner Home Video; 88 minutes; unrated; 2010) will also be broadcast on TCM as part of the festivities, but alas it’s more of a mixed bag that only tells part of the story.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 05:36:20 AM »

" Actor, director Clint Eastwood gets big salute from Turner Classic Movies "

David Hinckley

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/05/28/2010-05-28_go_ahead_make_clints_day_eastwood_gets_a_big_tcm_salute.html

"The Eastwood Factor," a splendid documentary on the career of Clint Eastwood, becomes the icing on an all-day cake TCM will serve Monday to mark the actor/director's 80th birthday.

What Eastwood seems to most resist is labels. In real life, he's a conservative guy, but his film characters have almost always been concerned with what's just and fair for the people in a situation, not an ideological template.

While most of his awards have come for directing ("Mystic River" alone confirms his skill), there's an extent to which "The Eastwood Factor" seems to be gently reminding us not to overlook his acting, either.

Because he's led a fairly low-profile off-screen life - give or take his messy split from Sondra Locke, which is not mentioned here - Eastwood has never been inflated into an 800-pound cartoon of himself.

Perhaps because of that, it's impressive to sit down and just remember how much he's done. Monday, starting at 6 a.m., TCM will help.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 05:51:09 AM »

Clinton Elias Eastwood Jr.
 ???

Elias!!! Where'd they get that from?

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 06:33:25 AM »

Yeah, I was going to ask ... "Elias"? ???
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 09:11:07 AM »

Uk TV has been showing a lot of Clint's movies over the last week or so. 
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »

Australian viewers with digital tv or a set top box and have access to ABC2.

Every Saturday night, they have been showing an Eastwood film at 8:30pm. This has been going for about six weeks now and they seem to be going in chronological order.

Sorry, I meant to post this a few weeks back. :-[

Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 02:36:35 PM »

There playing High Plains Drifter tonight. What, did they miss a few along the way. ???
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 03:37:59 PM »

I don't know where they started but last week was Joe Kidd, before that Play Misty For Me, Two Mules For Sister Sara, Coogan's Bluff.

So they must only have certain titles.

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »

On French TV;

The Eastwood Factor       2010                                                  Mardi 01 juin à 22h30

Clint Eastwood, le franc-tireur  2007                                         Lundi 31 mai à 22h40

Chasseur blanc, coeur noir,  White Hunter Black Heart  1990    Mardi 01 juin à 20h40

Impitoyable,  Unforgiven  1997                                                  Jeudi 03 juin à 20h35

Million Dollar Baby,    Million Dollar Baby  2004                           Lundi 31 mai à 20h20

Créance de sang,       Blood Work  2002                                    Mardi 01 juin à 20h00

Un monde parfait,  A Perfect World  1993                                  Mardi 01 juin à 23h55

L'épreuve de force,   The Gauntlet   1977                                  Jeudi 03 juin à 21h10

Bird,    Bird   1988                                                                      Mercredi 02 juin à 20h10

Hollywood et les Indiens 2009   ( germano-canadien )             Dimanche 30 mai à 22h30

http://videos.arte.tv/fr/videos/hollywood_et_les_indiens_-3232796.html

Hollywood et les Indiens
L'image et la place des Amérindiens dans l'histoire du cinéma américain.

Le réalisateur Neil Diamond, lui-même Indien Cree, donne la parole à des gens de cinéma connus pour leur regard acéré sur l'image et la place des Amérindiens dans le western américain. Il s'entretient notamment avec Clint East-wood, rencontré dans ses studios de Burbank en Californie, mais aussi avec le Canadien Robbie Robertson, compositeur et lauréat d'un Native American Music Award, dont la mère est originaire de la tribu des Mohawk. Il parle avec Jim Jarmusch (de son film Dead man en particulier) et avec de nombreux acteurs d'origine amérindienne, tels que Wes Studi (Le dernier des Mohicans, Geronimo) ou Graham Greene (Danse avec les loups). Deux historiennes et le critique de cinéma canadien Jesse Wente complètent ces témoignages et analysent, à partir d'exemples de tournages, comment s'est peu à peu forgée l'image réductrice de l'Indien rusé, cavalier hors pair et assoiffé de sang. Une image en partie corrigée par la génération récente de réalisateurs amérindiens, comme Zacharias Kunuk, l'auteur d'Atanarjuat - La légende de l'homme rapide, Palme d'or au Festival de Cannes 2001.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:21:31 AM by higashimori » Logged

Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 10:54:31 AM »

New York Daily News (link)
Actor, director Clint Eastwood gets big salute from Turner Classic Movies
David Hinckley
Friday, May 28th 2010, 4:00 AM

"The Eastwood Factor," a splendid documentary on the career of Clint Eastwood, becomes the icing on an all-day cake TCM will serve Monday to mark the actor/director's 80th birthday.

Narrated by Eastwood's friend Morgan Freeman and produced by another pal, Richard Schickel, "The Eastwood Factor" glows with unapologetic admiration for its subject, and makes a good case for his exalted position in the film world.

The documentary is flanked on the air by the evidence: nine Eastwood films, from "The First Traveling Salesman" in 1956 through "Magnum Force" in 1973. ...
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 02:37:50 PM »

The documentary is flanked on the air by the evidence: nine Eastwood films, from "The First Traveling Salesman" in 1956 through "Magnum Force" in 1973. ...

Once again, Turner Classic Movies here in Australia is a huge disappointment. They are only showing Where Eagles Dare & Kelly's Heroes. :(

Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 04:08:49 PM »

Once again, Turner Classic Movies here in Australia is a huge disappointment. They are only showing Where Eagles Dare & Kelly's Heroes. :(

I am sympathetic. I will be spending Clint Eastwood's birthday helping to move my youngest daughter.  :(
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 04:10:44 PM »

Turner Classic Movies here in the UK is also a huge disappointment.
Not 1 Eastwood film on at all :(
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 08:07:14 AM »

On French TV;

Hollywood et les Indiens 2009   ( germano-canadien )             Dimanche 30 mai à 22h30

http://videos.arte.tv/fr/videos/hollywood_et_les_indiens_-3232796.html

Great and interesting documentary with several interviews with Clint (especially about Chief  Dan George) and Adam Beach.   O0

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 07:24:30 PM »

" TCM festival salutes Olivia de Havilland, Gene Tierney, Clint Eastwood, Katharine Hepburn, Paul Newman and … Thelma Todd? "

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/07/tcm-festival-salutes-olivia-de-havilland-gene-tierney-clint-eastwood.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29

TCM posted by halboedeker

It starts Sunday with Basil Rathbone and ends Aug. 31 with Clint Eastwood.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T