News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BEST ACTOR OSCAR [Should Eastwood have won one?]  (Read 2649 times)
icnmedia

Email
« on: October 13, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »

nothing really against Jaime foxx, but clint really should of won best actor oscar for million dollar baby. Jamie was basically just doing a repeat of imitations he's done so many times before. Regardless, clint has never been better (Maybe Gran torino). He played frankie dunn without shooting anyone or punching anyone or really anything he was famous for in previous films. AND the film really needed to win for Cinematography! Losing for Unforgiven is one thing...But he should of won for best dirctor for Mystic river and then best actor for MDB.
How does everyone else feel about this? C'mon lemme have it!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 06:03:13 PM by KC » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 06:05:33 PM »

Hi, icnmedia, I edited your thread title to make it more descriptive.

I really felt Clint deserved the Oscar for Unforgiven ... Al Pacino won that year, for a film I couldn't even stand to watch the trailer for.

I'm less bothered by his failure to win for Million Dollar Baby. On the other hand, I felt he should have been at least nominated for Gran Torino.

But then ... deserve's got nothing to do with it.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:38:59 AM »

Although Unforgiven is not my favourite movie I certainly think Clint should have won an Oscar for his portrayal of Will Munny.   I think he should have been nominated for Bridges and Gran Torino too
icnmedia

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 03:53:10 AM »

Good one, KC!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 05:13:41 PM »

Definitely should have won for Unforgiven.

Actually thought he would win for Million Dollar Baby for the same reason Al Pacino won for Scent Of Woman and like KC was surprised he didn't get nominated for Gran Torino.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
icnmedia

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 08:51:19 PM »

Al pacino maybe, but Jamie foxx?????????
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 08:58:36 PM »

Al pacino maybe, but Jamie foxx?????????

That's what I'm saying. Pacino won for his overall work, not just for Scent Of A Woman. I thought Clint would take home the Oscar for Million Dollar baby for the same reason. Alas, it didn't work out that way. :(

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 02:15:45 PM »

It was sad and very frustrating to see Clint never even got nominated for Gran Torino. :(

Clint definitely should have won an Oscar (best actor) for his portrayal of Will Munny in Unforgiven.  :(

Westernfan

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 03:47:21 AM »

I agree with TWOMULES, Clint should definitely have won the Best Actor Oscar for "Unforgiven". He was terrific in it.
icnmedia

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 05:27:54 AM »

According to Oscar's standards, it was Pacino's 'time' to win. He'd been nominated many times before (for better work) and they felt he should win. Its all politics! Though we all aggree clint should have won best actor oscar for Unforgiven, million dollar baby & Gran torino.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 11:20:43 AM »

Pacino won because he amazingly never won before and for movies he should had and he was due. The fact that he lost to Art Carney in 1974 (Harry and Tonto) over Godfather II is one of the most moronic snubs ever. You can say that about a lot of actors. The fact that Paul Newman never won until 'The Color Of Money' is ridiculous as well. Eastwood no question about it got hosed for Million Dollar Baby, but I thought Eastwood deserved an Oscar nomination for 'Tightrope' so its all debatable. Personally, I never felt Unforgiven was a Best Picture movie, but i was happy he won for directing.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 04:52:25 PM »

I've always thought that one of Eastwood's best performances is in The Bridges of Madison County--it would have been nice had he been nominated for that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T