News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly: Business & Publicity 2: The Poster  (Read 18535 times)
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 10:17:49 AM »

Thanks Mike. :)

I would love to see more of your collection and totally understand why you would rather invest your time in other forums.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 10:40:51 AM »

Hey, Mike, I am interested. Sorry if I don't post in this forum very often. I'd be happy if you would post them when you have time!

The above examples are certainly excellent.
davytriumph
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »

Yeah, I would definitely like to see more of your collection Mike.  I love German memorabilia (and any other country for that matter).

As KC mentioned, I too do not visit this forum often, I tend to hover over the collectors corner myself  ;)

"Theres three dollars, including the tip"
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »

Since I had already uploaded some stuff until 1973 at Photobucket  I might as well post them here.
DIRTY HARRY I just posted...

(Davytriumph, that thread of mine with no comments whatsoever IS at the at the collectors forum ??? )
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »

Hey Mike, just because I have not posted a comment doesn't mean I am not interested in your collection.  I am very much.  I was looking at the fantastic lobby cards and posters you have in the Mike's Memorabilia thread you started in Collectors' Corner.  I am very impressed with the collection of Dirty Harry posters and cards not to mention the Two Mules and Coogan.  I'd love to see more.  It seems a shame to comment in between the your posts and spoil the continuous pictures.  :)
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 03:50:40 AM »

It is never a shame to comment :)
I'm not fishing for compliments, but if you invest time in up-/downloading etc.
and there are no reactions whatsoever, you obviousely start to lose interest. And
other things appear to be more important when it comes to investing time...
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 07:25:57 AM »

It is never a shame to comment :)
I'm not fishing for compliments, but if you invest time in up-/downloading etc.
and there are no reactions whatsoever, you obviousely start to lose interest. And
other things appear to be more important when it comes to investing time...

Very true and very well said, Mike. :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2015, 02:27:45 AM »

GBU is my favorite movie, so when I was collecting film posters, I wanted to have the best one. I invested (somewhat heavily) in the French Jean Mascii 47" x 63", linen-backed and in perfect condition. I matted it in brown suede and framed it. It was huge. I enjoyed it for about 10 or so years, and just sold it. It was a beautiful poster.

The American one sheet is awful, IMO. Just awful. The center is a pic of the civil war. Totally gives the wrong feeling of what the movie is about. And yes, too much white space, ugly typeface. I feel like someone from the advertising department just threw that together on a 1 hour deadline, and it went to press.

I LOVE the Italian premier displays. VERY rare, indeed. Years ago I had a Clint Eastwood poster website, and I had images of all of these posters in this thread on the site, but I HAD NEVER seen those Italian premier displays. Too bad we're missing the image of Clint's poster (does anyone have it to repost?)

Mike, thanks for posting your images. I think of the ones you posted, I like the German artwork the best.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T