News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly: Audience Reaction 3: Least Favorite Scene  (Read 3980 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: January 08, 2010, 08:56:22 PM »

What is your least favorite scene in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and why is it that you don't like this scene? Are there any others you don't care for?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:14:02 PM »

Ummmm.....Nope, can't think of any.  ::)
Aline

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 06:02:59 AM »

When Blondie and Tuco arrive at the Union War camp at the Bridge. It's not that I "don't care" about the scene, it's important, but since I'm not very familiar with the war, I think the scene is confusing, too much noise and the performance of Aldo Giuffrè doesn't help.
That's the only part I even skip while watching the movie. The rest is just perfection.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 09:24:23 AM »

I actually like this scene quite a bit. It shows the "havoc of war and the battle's confusion," as our National Anthem puts it—the confusion is part of the point. And whether or not you care for Giuffré's acting, you can appreciate his situation as an honorable soldier forced to send the men in his command out to be slaughtered, over and over. It also shows an unexpected side of Blondie's character, as he shows a glimmer of pity, first for the senseless killing and then for the wounded and dying Captain, whom he advises to "Keep your ears open" just before he departs to blow up the bridge. The payoff comes when we see the smile on the Captain's face as he hears the explosion, and dies a happy man.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:27:41 AM »

Like you KC I like that scene.  It does show a different side to Blondie.

I don't have a least favourite scene, the movie flows along and the scenes are all necessary as part of the story.  There is a lot of violence but it is a story of Civil War, men's greed and a manly disregard for one another.  
mystang52

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »

I never cared for the scene where Tuco and Blondie walk down the street to kill Angel Eyes' gang.  I thought it was unrealistic (even allowing for artistic license), and out of character for both.  And Tuco was especially out of character in that scene (remember that wink after he killed one of the gang members?).
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 11:33:08 AM »

Tuco's chicken scene.

(Well, it WAS edited out of the original version.)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 11:49:22 AM »

A least favorite scene doesn't really jump out at me, though the chicken scene might come close.
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 01:51:07 PM »

Tuco's chicken scene.

(Well, it WAS edited out of the original version.)

The same for me!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T