News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly: Audience Reaction 2: Favorite Scenes  (Read 2198 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: January 08, 2010, 08:58:08 PM »

What are some of your favorite scenes in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly? Why do you like these scenes in particular?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Aline

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:21:56 AM »

The first appearance of Angel Eyes. The boy working at the mill (I think it's a one ???), Angel Eyes seen at distance, the music, the atmosphere...they are like a prediction of the show we will see.

When Tuco orders Blondie to cross the desert. I love how Blondie starts to walk firmly like "I'll be strong, I can make it" and obviously starts to stumble as the journey gets really tough.

Blondie putting the cigar on the hurt soldier's mouth.

Tuco running in the cemetery. The camera movements and the song are amazing.

The last shootout which I like to call the "triple" duel :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 11:24:01 PM »

A scene that doesn't get mentioned too many times is when Blondie is in his hotel room cleaning his gun and Tuco's cronies are sneaking up the stairs and they can't be heard because of the army marching through the street outside, but when all the commotion outside comes to a standstill and then you hear the sounds of the spurs on the floor.

The next shot of Blondie's eyes, releasizing he's about to have company and he starts putting his gun back together, and your thinking is he going to do it in time.

After Blondie kills the three, and turns to find Tuco sitting on the window sill.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 09:08:45 PM »

One of my favorite scenes is Tuco at the gun shop.  There is just something about Tuco limping in across the wobbly bridge with Morricone’s score in the background and finding his way to the watering trough.  I love the way Wallach improvised the putting together of the prototype gun and he gives the storekeeper a little listen to the cylinders clicking.  The look on the storekeepers face is priceless when he realizes that Tuco has hit his last target.  The whole “How much?” dialog is superbly done and the cherry on the top is KEEP YOU MOUTH CLOSED!  Classic stuff!
Aline

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 05:39:56 AM »

;D That's a good one. There are so many good scenes in the movie it's hard and almost unfair to make a list of them. I mentioned the gun storekeeper in the supporting actor thread so, I can say that is one of my fav scenes too :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 01:14:16 PM »

Every scene is a favorite scene for me. But, I'll mention one that I just thought of that wouldn't be mentioned ordinarily...

When Tuco is being hanged in one of the towns, the hangman is reading his list of offenses, and it just goes on, and on, and on.... and Tuco looks almost bored, rolling his eyes.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T