News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account setup.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scorpio's Real Name  (Read 2744 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: February 19, 2010, 10:09:14 PM »

I was just over at the Dirty Harry page at imdb and Andrew Robinson is credited as Charles 'Scorpio Killer' Davis.

I've never noticed this before and I always thought he was known as Scorpio or Scorpio Killer in the credits at the end of the film.

Anyone know where Charles Davis is written or mentioned through the film?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 10:19:25 PM »

By the sounds of it in Wikipedia it mentions the novel.

Look here under Novelization

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpio_Killer

However, unlike the film, Scorpio's origin is actually revealed: he is Charles Davis, an escaped Canadian mental patient from Springfield, Massachusetts, who was sentenced after he killed his family when he was 14
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »

Thanks SC, I actually have the novelization somewhere here. 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 01:36:46 AM »

The name is definitely not mentioned in the film, nor even a single detail about Scorpio's background, other than that he once sold programs at Kezar Stadium and still keeps a room there. (And of course, he wears a peace sign as a belt buckle.) 
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 01:43:10 AM »

I find it annoying that people post credits on the IMDb that are different from what is actually in the movie. If someone wants to bring in a detail like that from the novelization, they ought to create a "character page" for Scorpio and clearly explain what is in the movie and what is only found in other sources.
Aline

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 06:19:45 AM »

Charles Davis? Really? It sounds a so honest citizen name... everything Scorpio isn't :D
gwb, pt deux

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 06:38:35 AM »

And David Soul played his brother John Davis, in Magnum Force, out to secretly get Callahan by becoming close to him... 
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 08:52:02 AM »

^ ;D

Vengeance, la High Plains Drifter! :D

How did he survive the Davis family massacre, though? (And why would he want to avenge a brother who'd killed the rest of his family?)
gwb, pt deux

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 10:32:16 AM »

^ ;D

Vengeance, la High Plains Drifter! :D

How did he survive the Davis family massacre, though? (And why would he want to avenge a brother who'd killed the rest of his family?)

He had been actually out of town when the massacre occurred, replaced in the household by his cousin Cap McKay of the McKay / Briggs family of San Francisco.  A rather large family of various twins with different last names.  Although his brother never forgave him, avenging the death of his brother was paramount, so much so that he even had another family member in the dept trying to kill him.

(Man, I'm bored...) :P
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 10:37:26 AM »

If Martin Scorsese were re-making Dirty Harry today, he'd cast Leonardo DiCaprio as Scorpio and make him talk with a "Baaaaahston" accent! ;)
D'Ambrosia
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 09:55:43 PM »

Kind of off topic but I noticed that IMDB has Clint as William "Bill" Munny in Unforgiven...  I can't recall once where he is called Bill in that movie.
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 10:41:05 PM »

He never is, in the movie ... only "Will." In the script he's called "Bill" throughout. However, as it happens, in this case the end credits have him as "Bill Munny" also. (I assume they changed the script in this case so as not to have two "Bills" in the dialogue.)

On the other hand ... Scorpio is listed in the end credits of Dirty Harry as just "Killer."

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T