News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Night Owl Cafe...  (Read 31264 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 10:17:28 PM »

Are you saying that you are a woman, KC?
Last I checked. ;)

I'm not watching tonight's game again.  >:(
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 06:38:38 AM »

Ha ha, so does this qualify me for the Night Owl Cafe club....?

The low bars indicate usual sleeping time: 7ish AM to 2ish PM.  (I work 8pm - 4am.)  It's not my ideal schedule, but it's been that way for over five years now.

I spent all night working on the computer. (As opposed to doing work on the compuer.)  I used to love that kind of thing, but now I just think of everything else I could have been doing.  Now it's time to knock back a few cold ones before bed time.

Oh, one funny thing I noticed when I grabbed that picture: apparently I've posted more times in "Discussion Board Troubleshooting" than in the "Dirty Harry Films".  That's weird.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 03:26:13 PM »

Yeah, I find the individual stats to be really interesting. My posting time lull is from about 1 AM to 8 AM... maybe not so much a late nighter on the board! :D
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 09:00:35 PM »

Ha ha, so does this qualify me for the Night Owl Cafe club....?

The low bars indicate usual sleeping time: 7ish AM to 2ish PM.  (I work 8pm - 4am.)  It's not my ideal schedule, but it's been that way for over five years now.

I spent all night working on the computer. (As opposed to doing work on the compuer.)  I used to love that kind of thing, but now I just think of everything else I could have been doing.  Now it's time to knock back a few cold ones before bed time.

Oh, one funny thing I noticed when I grabbed that picture: apparently I've posted more times in "Discussion Board Troubleshooting" than in the "Dirty Harry Films".  That's weird.

You're officially a member of the Night Owl Cafe!

LCat

Goals are Great!
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2010, 07:48:37 PM »

I'm drowning my sorrows in chamomile tea tonight. Tomorrow will be a better day.

LCat

Goals are Great!
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2010, 08:02:51 PM »

I'm drowning my sorrows in chamomile tea tonight. Tomorrow will be a better day.

LCat

Yes it will LCat!  O0

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2010, 10:08:01 PM »

Every time I see this thread title it reminds me of when I was a kid watching Night Owl Theater on WBNS channel 10 here in Columbus growing up.  Night Owl Theater was awesome!  It lives in central Ohio lore and tradition.  (Kind of like Flippo the Clown)  It would be on after Tom Snyder’s The Late Late Show and on the weekends(usually when I saw it).  Night Owl Theater was hosted by Fritz the Night Owl.  Kind of a creepy dark character but at the same time laid back and cool.  Fritz always had his trademark “Owl” sunglasses on at night.  The weird segways into and out of commercial were classic.  Smoke and psychedelic stuff.  It was great!    They always played B movies mostly of the Horror and Sci-Fi genre but every now and then they would have a classic on as well.  My first viewing of Casablanca was on Night Owl Theater.  Anyway, not that anyone’s interested by what the heck…    

(Not sure if Christopher got Night Owl Theater that far west in Ohio?  But being an fan of horror I know he would have loved it!)

Interview with Fritz the Night Owl
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:12:12 PM by D'Ambrosia » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2010, 06:55:00 AM »

Never heard of it! Not sure if it would have been on where I live or not--I didn't pay much attention to late night television as a kid.
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2010, 09:23:23 PM »

Today was a great day on the beach with plenty of sun and a gentle wind.

Goals are Great!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »

It is nearly midnight and still very hot.  Makes me think  I am back in Australia.  I have all the windows wide open and slowly the house is getting full of little bugs.  Pity we don't have fly screens here.   Tomorrow is forcast for more heat then we start to get cooler.

Great you enjoyed your day at the beach LCat.    We spent it with friends going out for lunch.  It was so nice we didn't get home until after 5.  One Looooooong lunch.   ;D
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »

It is nearly midnight and still very hot.  Makes me think  I am back in Australia.  I have all the windows wide open and slowly the house is getting full of little bugs.  Pity we don't have fly screens here.   Tomorrow is forcast for more heat then we start to get cooler.

Great you enjoyed your day at the beach LCat.    We spent it with friends going out for lunch.  It was so nice we didn't get home until after 5.  One Looooooong lunch.   ;D

Lin:  I'd be screaming with any kind of bugs in my house, but especially little ones! How do you manage to stay cool, calm and collected with them?

Wherever you are, it sounds like mid-summer. In a way, I envy you because it sounds like you have beach weather every day. In other ways, it sounds like  summer is half over...I dread the end of summer.

D'Ambrosia: I liked your narration. Part of my family is from Ohio.

Goals are Great!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2010, 08:19:08 PM »

Lin:  I'd be screaming with any kind of bugs in my house, but especially little ones! How do you manage to stay cool, calm and collected with them?

I just do the great Aussie salute.  Wave them away.

Wherever you are, it sounds like mid-summer. In a way, I envy you because it sounds like you have beach weather every day.

I am in the UK in North Yorkshire and this is unusual weather for us.  We are getting very hot weather for the moment.  Will cool down this week they tell us.
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2010, 05:53:15 PM »

It's supposed to be 95ºF tomorrow and I am unable to go to the beach. Tsk, tsk. I'm going to be organizing and rearranging my apartment. I'm going to make a party out of it. Therefore I hope not to be up late tonight.

LCat

Goals are Great!
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2010, 07:58:57 PM »

Hello Night Owl cafe crew!

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »

Yankee Twins game was suspended on account of rain. :(
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 04:52:06 PM »

Is the Night Owl Cafe shut? :(

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 04:54:03 PM »

Is the Night Owl Cafe shut? :(

It's open 24/7. 8)

It's always night somewhere in the world at anytime of the day. It may be the morning here but somewhere the stars are shining bright and darkness has fallen upon the earth.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 05:45:25 PM »

Getting sleep feels pretty good--I did so for a few days, and as the song goes, "What a difference a day makes!" I just might continue the trend...

Goals are Great!
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2010, 03:48:25 PM »

Movie time....Will tell you what I'll watch after I've decided and watched it...

LCat

Goals are Great!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »

Well I went to bed at 10.15pm.  Now it is 12.55am amd I still can't sleep.  It has been so hot today and still is.  So here I am hoping to get sleepy reading lots of old threads and wondering if anyone else is in the Night Owl Cafe.     :(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T