News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Dream Come True..  (Read 2423 times)
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: June 02, 2010, 09:10:36 AM »

Starting this topic as a kind of a sequel to the Things to Do Before You Die -thread.

Here you can share the dreams that will come / came true. They can be things that you mentioned in the thread above, or some things that you already achieved in life.  8)

I'm starting by telling my dream come true for this summer;

As a graduation present, I got tickets for a concert in Stockholm. Willie Nelson. I really like his music, he is one of my favourites. The concert is now two weeks away, I'm excited!  :D

And of course one my dreams that came true this year, was my intern abroad in Paris. I enjoyed it so much and part of it is because of AB and my co-workers. Everybody being so nice to me.  :) And of course, the concert of Kyle Eastwood. It's been a good year so far.  O0

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »

Well one of my dreams will come true this July.   

Gary and I will be in Paris with Sylvie and her husband for a week and meeting with AB and Higgy too I hope.   

I saw Clint in January this year at the Invictus UK premier so that was another dream come true.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 12:32:24 PM »

When I was about 9 I got backstage after a concert and got a kiss from Dianne Lee from
popular pop duo Peters and Lee... Not sure I ever came back down to Earth.... ;)

I also got to enjoy the company of our very own KC a coupla years back  over coffee
on one very beautiful Spring afternoon in NY...  :)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 01:53:47 PM »

I got into Cal State Long Beach.  It took longer than I anticipated but I'm super excited for it.   :D

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 04:19:49 PM »

Gary and I will be in Paris with Sylvie and her husband for a week and meeting with AB and Higgy too I hope.   

I also got to enjoy the company of our very own KC a coupla years back  over coffee
on one very beautiful Spring afternoon in NY...  :)
Wonderful stories, I hope in time I get to meet a few of you in person, that would be great :)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 04:29:14 AM »

I hope in time I get to meet a few of you in person, that would be great :)

Well you can't be that far from me 2M.  :)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 06:41:34 AM »

I remember that afternoon, Gant! A dream come true, eh?  :)

TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 09:28:27 AM »

Well you can't be that far from me 2M.  :)
Lin, I live in South Yorkshire, which is not too far away :)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 09:23:28 AM »

Absolutely KC... Next time the coffee's on me... ;)

Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 12:14:55 PM »

When I was seven years old I lived in Miami, Florida.  My school was right under the flight path of the Concorde and I saw it take off every day.  It was love at first sight and I wanted to fly on it.  That was the beginning of my love affair with airplanes.  Following high school, I moved to Binfield in Berkshire, UK.  Twice a day my beloved Concorde took off right over my house.  By then I knew I would never get to fly on Concorde because it was too expensive for me.

Twelve years ago on the 2nd of September my dream came true.  My husband and I flew from New York to London on a British Airways Concorde.  (We actually got 1 1/2 trips, but that's another story.)  We were flying home from our honeymoon, so we asked the flight attendant if the pilot would be willing to sign the certificate that came with the special packet that each passenger received.  Both he and the co-pilot signed the certificate and the flight attendant brought it back to us, at the same time presenting us with a bottle of champagne (still unopened).

While many of my dreams have come true (I try to keep them within the real of possibility), this flight of fancy is one that I never, ever imagined would actually happen.   :) :)

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 12:55:26 PM »

Elizabeth77, That's a wonderful story :)

Well done! that is truly a great achievement and a great story to tell your Grandchildren one day!

I have never flown on Concorde but I did see it quite often when I was working and living in Scotland on the ayrshire coast. Prestwick Airport was often used for training Concorde pilots and it was in the air almost everyday :)

You and your husband should open that bottle of champagne on a special occasion like your 25th wedding anniversary. O0

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 05:28:58 AM »

Elizabeth77 that is a great memory.   My Mother-in-Law got to fly on it too.  One of the last few flights it did from Leeds/Bradford airport to London.  Special flights put on with a few Concorde gifts thrown in.   We saw it when it visited Australia.   I was working in the ANZ Bank in Sydney when it flew over the city.  We went up on the roof as it went over.  It looked as if you could just touch it as it seemed so close.    I have been on the proto type in Yeovil at the Fleet Air Arm museum.   I also saw the one at Charles deGaulle airport in Paris last Juy.  It looks sort of sad just standing there never to fly again.

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/5224971.jpg
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 01:34:50 PM »

That's great Lin :)

How long was the flight from Leeds/Bradford airport to London? about 10 mins ;)

I bet they didn't have time to even sell the duty free :D
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 10:43:50 AM »

That's great Lin :)

How long was the flight from Leeds/Bradford airport to London? about 10 mins ;)

I bet they didn't have time to even sell the duty free :D

I don't know how long but I bet you are quite right.  Out of interest next time I speak to my Mother-in-Law I will ask her. 
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 10:14:15 PM »

I still dream of winning the lottery.

I wish it would happen, very very very soon.  :D

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 11:42:55 PM »

To play London jazz club Ronnie Scotts... All the legends have played there over the years and you don't get to step
Foot on that stage unless you can cut it... I've performed at most London venues over the years but never Ronnie's...
I want it on my CV before My times done...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T