News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In The News  (Read 34142 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »

I just saw Michael Douglas's appearance on The Late Show With David Letterman from sometime last week where he spoke of having stage four throat cancer and it was unbelievable how cool and calm he was talking about it.

It looks like he's got one hell of a battle in front of him for a couple of months and it seems as though there is a big chance he can beat it. Which is great news.

I have to say, when he first came out on the set and sat down. With his whiteish hair, all he needed was a dimple on his chin and he dead set was his father Kirk.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Aline

Email
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 05:56:28 AM »

I just saw Michael Douglas's appearance on The Late Show With David Letterman from sometime last week where he spoke of having stage four throat cancer and it was unbelievable how cool and calm he was talking about it.

It looks like he's got one hell of a battle in front of him for a couple of months and it seems as though there is a big chance he can beat it. Which is great news.

I have to say, when he first came out on the set and sat down. With his whiteish hair, all he needed was a dimple on his chin and he dead set was his father Kirk.

I read this news too and got so sad. Hope Michael can make it.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »

Washington Times

Two kids rescued after two days on rail bridge.  :D

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 04:31:40 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Awww!   At least they are safe now!
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 05:45:28 PM »

" Top 10 'unanswerable' questions revealed "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11368424

JEEVES' UNANSWERABLES

1. What is the meaning of life?

2. Is there a God?

3. Do blondes have more fun?

4. What is the best diet?

5. Is there anybody out there?

6. Who is the most famous person in the world?

7. What is love?

8. What is the secret to happiness?

9. Did Tony Soprano die?

10. How long will I live?

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 07:04:37 PM »

" Clint Clint Eastwood fan seen with gun TaseredEastwood fan seen with gun Tasered "

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/Clint-Eastwood-fan-seen-with.6553070.jp

Yorkshire Post

A FAN of Clint Eastwood was shot with a Taser stun gun and baton rounds by police after he was seen with a hand gun in a West Yorkshire working men's club.
Richard Gant had put the replica cap-firing gun back in his home before being challenged by the officers but was hit in the back with a Taser round after he refused to take his hand out of his pocket.
Gant told police: "I like Clint Eastwood and I get carried away when I watch his films. I'm sorry.

"Why don't you just put a rope around my neck? I want to die anyway.''

:o :o :o

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »

This is really a miracle!!  :)

" Freak accident prompts paralympian to walk again "

http://www.euronews.net/2010/12/24/freak-accident-prompts-paralympian-to-walk-again/

For the Dutch paralympic athlete Monique van der Vorst it is the greatest of Christmas gifts, because for nearly half her life she was not able to walk. That was until a freak accident.

Double silver medalist in Beijing two years ago, she remarkably began to get movement in her legs after being hit by a sprint cyclist in training. Like a jump-lead, the crash sent spasms through her legs and set her body in motion again.

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 07:23:44 PM »

" New Mexico governor hints at pardon for Billy the Kid "

By Agence France-Presse; Thursday, December 16th, 2010

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/new-mexico-pardon-billy-kid/

LOS ANGELES — New Mexico's outgoing governor hinted Thursday that he could soon give a posthumous pardon to Billy the Kid, the infamous 19th-century Wild West outlaw.

Governor Bill Richardson, who stands down next month, said his office had received a formal petition, which he will consider and make a decision on before the end of the year.

"As someone who is fascinated with New Mexico's rich history, I've always been intrigued by the story of Billy the Kid and, in particular, the alleged promise of a pardon he was given by Territorial Governor Lew Wallace," he said.

" No pardon for Billy the Kid "

By Phil Gast, CNN;  December 31, 2010

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/31/new.mexico.billy/?hpt=C2

Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico will not pardon legendary Wild West outlaw Billy the Kid in the death of a law enforcement officer more than a century ago, he said Friday.

"Still, regardless of Billy's crimes, the motives of Richardson or the hollowness of posthumous justice, it all comes back to Wallace's promise. A deal is a deal, and 129 years doesn't change that. Billy is owed a pardon," Gardner wrote earlier this year in the Los Angeles Times.

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 08:13:09 PM »

" Chuck Berry taken ill during gig "

BBC News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12105347

Rock 'n' roll legend Chuck Berry cut short a concert in Chicago after collapsing on stage.

He slumped over his keyboard and did not move for a couple of minutes before being helped off stage, Chicago Sun-Times reporter Dave Hoekstra wrote.

Berry, 84, later re-emerged but told fans he had no strength to continue performing, the Sun-Times reported.

His agent told AP he had been suffering from exhaustion and that he had now flown home to St Louis, Missouri.

With hits like Johnny B Goode and Roll Over Beethoven, the singer and guitarist is one of the pioneers of rock 'n' roll and influenced artists including The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and The Beach Boys.

I hope, he will be fast restored!  :)

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 05:59:13 PM »

Story about a remarkable man who happens to be blind, and is working to help others "see" as well as he does.

http://www.mensjournal.com/the-blind-man-who-taught-himself-to-see
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 09:58:36 AM »

That is amazing.   There really is no reason humans can't use other senses to help them see and hear.  It would be a matter of being taught how to do it.  This is just what this man is doing.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »

That is amazing.   There really is no reason humans can't use other senses to help them see and hear.  It would be a matter of being taught how to do it.  This is just what this man is doing.

You're right Lin ! Amazing !

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Lucky Punk

Email
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 06:17:57 AM »

"then you end up executing your neighbour 'cos his dog pisses on your lawn"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12869141 
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 12:19:51 AM »

Lucky Punk's previous post was originally posted in The Dirty Harry Forums but we Moderators believed it didn't belong there as it doesn't mention Clint or the character of Dirty Harry.

Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2011, 05:36:02 AM »

"Massive explosion kills four in Wugu" (Taiwan)

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2011/04/24/2003501543

A series of powerful explosions at a incense shop in New Taipei City (新北市) has left four people dead and 38 injured, New Taipei City Deputy Mayor Hou Yu-ih (侯友宜) said yesterday.

Goods were being unloaded from a truck in front of the shop when the blasts went off, according to an initial investigation by police.

Four houses and seven cars were completely destroyed and houses and cars within a radius of 100m suffered damage, police said.

Local media said the sound of the powerful explosion could be heard from as far as 10km away, while smoke soared nine stories high. Witnesses said they saw the truck explode as its driver was unloading fireworks from the vehicle, which then burst into flames.

This was the closest I could find to the articles that were in Chinese.  One additional piece of information that was in the Chinese reports was that the explosion involved about 10 tons of fireworks.  Shop keepers who stock fireworks are only allowed to store a maximum of 25 kg on site.  The police and fire department suddenly started checking the other shops in the city selling fireworks and discovered many that had far more than allowed.  It's too bad that it takes a tragedy for people to decide that a law that already exists was a good thing and had a purpose.

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »

" Koala stolen from Australian park returned by thieves"

BBC News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13371228

A koala stolen from an Australian wildlife park two days ago has been reunited with its keepers.

Banjo was taken by thieves who used bolt cutters to break in to his enclosure at the Australian Reptile Park in Somersby, near Sydney.

On Wednesday staff received an anonymous telephone call telling them that Banjo had been returned.

He was found dumped in the car park in a plastic bin. "It's good to have him back. People can't care for this sort of thing. It's not a dog," said keeper Tim Faulkner.

The 13-year-old koala appeared frightened and was suffering from mild dehydration, but was otherwise in good condition.

:)

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 12:52:29 AM »

Today is the Birthday of HRH The Duke if Edinburgh.   He is 90.

The Duke has supported the Queen for almost 60 years.   He has a great sense of humour and can also 'put his foot in it'.  It is obvious he and the Queen still have a closeness that comes with a long and happy marriage.  He has and still is patron of many charities.   In a TV interview yesterday with Fiona Bruce, he said he was going to take things a little easier.  That remains to be seen!   He is notoriously difficult to interview and you really 'felt' for Fiona, however the voiceover flashbacks of his life, spoken by Fiona made for a reasonable program. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8566802/The-Duke-at-90-BBC-One-review.html

Happy Birthday Sir.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2011, 08:39:11 PM »

When I was a kid, one of my favorite shows on TV was Great Mysteries Of The World. It was on every Saturday at 5pm and was narrated by Leonard Nimoy. There was always the usual alien, UFO, Bigfoot type stories but there was one about D.B Cooper who hijacked a plane in the early 1970's and parachuted out with $200,000 never to be seen again, that intrigued me. They even made a film about it starring Robert Duvall.

Is the mystery about to be revealed?

Woman claims fabled hijacker 'D.B. Cooper' was her uncle

USA Today
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:40:34 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 07:30:12 PM »

" Rowan Atkinson left "shaken but not stirred" after his McLaren F1 supercar crash "

Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/08/06/rowan-atkinson-left-shaken-but-not-stirred-after-his-mclaren-f1-supercar-crash-115875-23323183/

ROWAN Atkinson is “shaken but not stirred” after cheating death when he crashed his £2million supercar for a second time.
Advertisement >>

The Mr Bean star fractured his shoulder when his McLaren F1 careered off a wet road and into a tree and a road sign but he was released from hospital yesterday.

The actor, 56, managed to get out of the car, his pride and joy, as it burst into flames.

He had previously damaged the F1 – one of only 64 made – in a shunt with a Rover Metro in 1999 but he escaped injury.

Aline

Email
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 08:16:28 AM »

Now, those were scary news.
I hope Mr. Atkinson is fine. At 56 years old he could choose a less radical sport to practise ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T