News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: High Plains Drifter "Behind the Scenes" featurette  (Read 1998 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 15, 2010, 10:53:33 PM »

I noticed a link to a Cinema Retro bit about this on the IMDb today. Here's the bit:

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4796-BEHIND-THE-SCENES-WITH-CLINT-EASTWOOD-ON-HIGH-PLAINS-DRIFTER.html

Here's a short but interesting B&W promotional film shot by Universal showing Clint Eastwood directing his 1973 Western High Plains Drifter. If fans and collectors can locate gems such as these and post them on YouTube, why can't studios find them in their own vaults and include them on the DVD releases?

And here's the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Qm5_FO4w8

Near the end, the narrator says, "You can bet on one thing. He's going to be around making films for a long time to come."  That proved to be true!
GreenEyes
Member Extraordinaire

"Po-lice trainin' ?"

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 05:39:38 AM »

Oh this was excellent! Thanks so much for sharing this KC, it made my morning!  8)

And as the original article said, I wish this stuff was on the DVD's too. *sigh*

"Such ingratitude after all the times I saved your life."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 12:29:02 PM »

Great KC.   Thank you for posting it.   There are a few other items related to the youtube video when you open the link, so there is even more to see.

Near the end, the narrator says, "You can bet on one thing. He's going to be around making films for a long time to come."  That proved to be true!

It sure did.   :) :)
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »

KC, thank you for posting this.   O0

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
davytriumph
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 12:10:31 PM »

Excellent.

Well done KC O0

Surely that must have been filmed in colour?

There are a few other items related to the youtube video when you open the link, so there is even more to see.

Yip, I found a great behind the scenes clip from Paint Your Wagon.  It runs for 8.5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jLT-XLFeh4&feature=related

Gees, I`ve just noticed that it is mentioned in Cinema Retros web page.  Don`t you just hate it when you think you have found something interesting, just to realise that you have been beat to it .  ::)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:54:10 PM by davytriumph » Logged

"Theres three dollars, including the tip"
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:52:37 PM »

Thanks so much for sharing this KC, Well done O0
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T