News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Aussie Thread  (Read 524516 times)
TWOMULES

View Profile Email
« Reply #5160 on: September 25, 2017, 03:51:41 AM »

Happy 50th birthday to our President, Stormy. I really wish he'd come back. :(

I'll have a beer for him and hope he is well. 8)

Have to say I miss our President, Stormy. Wow! the fun we had on here. Great times!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5161 on: October 12, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »

Vegemite, or a "posh" variant of it, is brought to the attention of New York Times readers:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/11/world/australia/vegemite-blend-17.html

MELBOURNE, Australia — Vegemite, the classic condiment found on breakfast tables in every corner of Australia for nearly a century, is going posh.

Bega, manufacturer of the iconic — if divisive — yeast extract spread, released a new and more expensive version of the product this week, raising questions about whether the brand had abandoned its humble roots in favor of a more affluent demographic.
The new variety, Vegemite Blend 17, is sold in achingly artisanal packaging that includes an unnecessary cardboard box, a gold-colored lid and a price tag more than double that of a traditional jar, coming in at 7 Australian dollars, or nearly $5.50.

When asked what happened to blends 1 through 16, Vegemite’s marketing director, Ben Hill, explained: “The name ‘Blend 17’ simply refers to the year 2017 we have released it in.”

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5162 on: October 12, 2017, 11:37:13 PM »

When asked what happened to blends 1 through 16, Vegemite’s marketing director, Ben Hill, explained: “The name ‘Blend 17’ simply refers to the year 2017 we have released it in.”

???

The marketing for this is just awful. Check out the "Special Edition" box:  "Crafted for a richer VEGEMITE experience with a bolder finish".  Bolder finish?  This is basically a salt spread.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5163 on: October 13, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »

I dunno, Matt, I think you ought to try it! You might like it better than regular Vegemite! ;D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5164 on: October 14, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »

SK -- don't listen to her! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T