News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »

Poll

Favorite Clint movie theme

The Good, Bad, and the Ugly
13 (46.4%)
Theme from Dirty Harry
6 (21.4%)
Theme from Pale Rider
0 (0%)
The Outlaw Josey Wales
2 (7.1%)
Doe Eyes (Madison County)
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is your favorite Clint theme?  (Read 9110 times)
GuardianAngel

Email
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2005, 04:09:06 PM »

You probably have and didn't even know it.

He sang the most famous version of this Christmas classic.

lol.. well lemme slap my forehead! Thanks for letting me know.. I had no idea.. and yes, I do know who he is now all thanks to Rudolph.  :)
Mitchellgant

R.U. going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 10:44:25 AM »

Hi G.A, Gene Autry had songs like those of above and some like: Don't Fence me In, Back In the Saddle Again, Rose of San Antone, Strawberry Roan and so many others.

Roy Rogers is famous for his which also include, Don't Fence Me In, Happy Trails etc.

Tex Ritter is the late John Ritters father. Tex sang Western songs and had a VERY deep voice. One of his songs I can remember by title is: Boots and Saddles.

The Sons of the Pioneers was a group that had the guy who played Festus hagen in Gunsmoke, as one of its lead singers and he was an excellent singer ;-) sorry i cannot think of his name at the moment. Anyway, in many John Ford Westerns (w/ John Wayne) the Sons of the Pioneers sang the music in those movies. One great Western you can hear a good rendition of their singing in is Rio grande w/ John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Though (Festus Hagen) is not given credit for being in the movie (unless you go to IMDB) you will notice him singing (serenading) the actor who played Philip Sheridan in that movie. They were introduced by Victor McLaglan as the Traditional Singers.

Some of their songs include: Tumbling Tumbleweeds and Cool Water.

Sorry for such a long post but, if ever interested, I can tape you some of their great music as well.

Next time, let's keep this an all British operation hmm?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2005, 08:54:02 PM »

Thanks for the information, Mitchell. Perhaps you'd like to post more about these "singing cowboys" for those who aren't familiar with them. If so, the Off Topic forum is the place to do that.
GuardianAngel

Email
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 10:28:56 PM »

wow, thanks Mitchell for the information, that's good learnin material for me..  ;)

Thanks for your offer, but I'm just more of a Morricone fan. I appreciate the offer though, that's nice of ya. Again, thanks for letting me know who they were!  O0
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2005, 09:36:43 AM »

Theme from Dirty Harry for me.. more my kinda thing.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

I really wanted to go with Dirty Harry because I just love its funked-up jazzy style, but I think because it makes such an impact (and is instantly recognisable) I had to vote for GBU. But I love both.

Btw - useless aside, but I found my Dirty Harry soundtrack. American Graffiti is still missing though :(

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 12:36:02 PM »

GBU a very close second... ;)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Mitchellgant

R.U. going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2005, 12:46:26 PM »

Hi KC, G.A.

KC, i'll be glad to write something up on those guys sometime no problem. In fact, as I think more about it, that might make for a nice on-going article. By the way, just recently (I think in Feb) the state of texas celebrated the 100th birthday of Bob Wills (of the Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys fame) by selling a scratch off lotto ticket during the month of his birthday.

G.A., quite welcome and the offer will stand if you ever wat to hear any of that stuff. I think that older stuff has to be an 'acquired" taste but, it really is some great stuff.

Next time, let's keep this an all British operation hmm?
Coogan

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2005, 09:11:15 AM »

I love the Dirty Harry theme.... absolutey superb.

Guess you didn't here the lady..... did you Boy!
Joe75

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2005, 01:46:55 AM »

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.... O0

"Quando un uomo con la pistola incontra un uomo col fucile...l'uomo con la pistola è un uomo morto.."
"Avevi detto così?"
"Vediamo se è vero..."
RY

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2005, 06:29:20 PM »

In order: "Magnum Force", "Firefox" and the closing theme from "The Dead Pool," though there are lots of incidental themes I like, esp. the jazz.
FANderson

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2005, 10:22:44 AM »

If I had to choose a favorite theme, I'd go for 'Rose of
Alabamy' from The Outlaw Josie Wales. It's a musical
reminder of the Civil War that produced so many outlaws, including Wales. FANDerson O0
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T