News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint tours the WB lot  (Read 1645 times)
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:29:40 AM »

Couldn't see this posted elsewhere.

As many of you know, I collect movie used props and costumes with Clint being a focus.

For me at least, its one of the best articles I've ever read.

From USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2010-10-13-eastwood13_CV_N.htm)

A snipet ..

The guy driving a golf cart around the Warner Bros. studio points to a group of tourists crowding around a garage doorway.

"This is where they keep all the cars," he says, slowing down. "The car from Gran Torino is in there."He stops just behind the group. All of them have their backs to him, nudging forward to see the movie cars.

If any had turned around, they'd have seen Clint Eastwood pointing at them. He shrugs, a thin smile on his face as he drives off.

The iconic actor/director's latest film is Hereafter, opening Friday in limited release and Oct. 22 nationwide, a drama about people haunted by encounters with what may be the afterlife.

But the studio backlot is where Eastwood, 80, sees ghosts now. In a cavernous storage room, there are racks of costumes two stories high, and in the back closet of his office, movie history can be seen in a dirty black hat, a pair of boxing gloves and a poncho.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:44:17 AM »

Nice article thanks for posting it Palooka.  :)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 02:25:46 PM »

This is a GREAT piece. Many thanks for posting it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T