News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie Night - White Hunter, Black Heart. Sunday November 14, 2010.  (Read 56585 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: October 17, 2010, 02:48:58 PM »

EDIT:  I've modified this post since we postponed the movie night from it's original date.

This is the Movie Night discussion thread for White Hunter, Black Heart. We'll meet here up to an hour before we start rolling the film on Sunday November 14, 2010. (or in Australia, Monday morning, November 15, 2010.) If possible, please check in at least ten minutes before the start time, so we'll know everyone is here who wanted to be. For anyone who'd like to join us ... have your White Hunter, Black Heart DVD (or video) ready to play. We'll start the film at 21:00 UTC, Board Time. Check here to see what time we'll be starting in your area:

In CST (U.S. Central Time Zone) states - 3:00 PM
      In EST (U.S. East Coast) states - 4:00 PM
      In Sao Paulo, Brasil - 7:00 PM
      In Great Britain, Portugal - 9:00 PM
      In France, Italy - 10:00 PM
      In Sweden - 10:00PM
      In Finland -  11:00PM
      In Sydney and Melbourne, Australia - 8:00 AM, Monday, November 15.

If you need more time conversions, check here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

We'll be starting the film at the Warner Bros. Logo. This is at 0:00:05 on the R-4 DVD. Set up your movie here, and pause. We'll all be hitting "Start" at exactly the top of the hour.

There will be three breaks during the film, usually around ten minutes each.

The first break is at the start of Chapter 7. This is at 0:23:36 on the R-4 DVD. It is after the nightclub scene before the trip to Africa. We see the flightpath on a map followed by the plane flying over the great waterfall.

The second break is at the end of Chapter 15. This is at 0:54:00 on the R-4 DVD. It is after the scene where Zibelinsky introduces his wife Dorshka to John and Pete. Dorshka enquires that she hopes they are enjoying their stay and John replies, "I'm seriously thinking of staying here forever."

The final break is at the start of Chapter 22. This is at 1:12:44 on the R-4 DVD. It is after the scene at night where John and Pete are talking about killing an elephant is a sin. Pete says, "Well, if you don't need me, I'll take the plane back to London tomorrow." John replies, "You do that kid. I've never been one to interfere with anything a friend of mine wants to do."

All screencaps taken from the DVD, White Hunter, Black Heart

I hope to see as many members here as possible.

(I'm starting this thread early so I could add the event to the calendar--all events must have a thread to link to.)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:10:33 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »

Just a couple of reminders:

1) By default, this board gives you a warning message when someone else has posted while you're writing a post. That can get very frustrating in the heat of things in these threads ... but now the feature can be turned off, temporarily (or permanently if you prefer).

To turn it off, click the link on the brown bar near the top of the page to your profile:

You'll go to your profile page. On the left-hand side, there's a list of stuff you can do here including "Modify profile." Under that heading, click the link to "Look and Layout Preferences." Now you'll see some choices with little white checkboxes next to them. One of them is "Don't warn on new replies made while posting." Click in that box so there's a check mark there. Then, in the lower right hand corner, click "Change profile" and you're all set.

I find it also helps to use the keyboard shortcut when posting: alt+s. (Or in the latest version of Firefox, alt+shift+s.)

2) You can also use the "Quick Reply" feature: At the bottom of each thread is a brown bar with "Quick Reply" on the left hand corner. If you don't have it enabled, that's all you'll see and there will be a plus sign to the left of "Quick Reply." Click the plus sign, and a reply box will open beneath the brown bar and will stay there until you click the sign (now a minus) next to "Quick Reply" again. You can type your post right in this box and don't have to wait for a "Reply" page to open. It's a little harder to use smilies, though, unless you remember all the shortcuts!

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 02:54:52 PM »

How good is that screencap?  8)

It's funny how little things like that work out sometimes, while I put these movie nights together.

TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 07:45:55 AM »

It's funny how little things like that work out sometimes, while I put these movie nights together.

SK, That screencap is fantastic. I'm glad We're not watching the movie in 3D. That Lion looks pretty scary. I would probably be running around like a Zebra shouting,"GET THE WILDEBEEST AND NOT THE MULES!" ;D

I am looking forward to watching this movie with you all on Sunday/Monday.  O0
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 07:46:45 AM »

Brilliant SK  :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 10:56:40 PM »

Just a heads up that the time between the second and third break is only 18 minutes. With the film just over 100 minutes long, I tried to space the breaks evenly but it didn't quite work out and with that great screencap, I don't want to change it now. :D

Sorry for any inconvenience. :)

Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 11:56:26 PM »

Bugger, can't make it. Working that day. :(
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 12:47:45 AM »

That leaves just four of us who said they'll be here.

Myself, KC, Lin and 2M.

Should we postpone or is there anyone else out there that will be joining us on the night?

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 01:16:12 AM »

That leaves just four of us who said they'll be here.

Myself, KC, Lin and 2M.

Should we postpone or is there anyone else out there that will be joining us on the night?

If you want to change the date we could try to get another good date for us or it could be that not so many have WHBH on DVD/Video.  See what happens over the next 24 hours.
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 04:13:53 AM »

If you want to change the date we could try to get another good date for us

You could change the date so SC can take part. I just hope we don't cancel the movie!

it could be that not so many have WHBH on DVD/Video.  See what happens over the next 24 hours.

That could be true Lin, but I can't believe only 5 members have a copy of WHBH on DVD or Video.  >:(

I enjoy taking part in the movie night and SK does an excellent job each month, it's a shame we don't have more people taking part!

Anybody who has never took part in Movie Night should give it a go.   You get to see different elements of the film plus KC displays a great deal of knowledge about each film and It's always highly entertaining.  O0
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 06:31:15 AM »

I don't own a copy of White Hunter, Black Heart, but I put it on hold at my local library and hope it will be available to pick up on Friday.  That doesn't guarantee I'll be able to participate, but chances are better if I've got a copy of the movie.   :)

Don't take me into consideration if you need to change the date.

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
Aline

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 07:01:22 AM »

This movie is one of my favorite and it's a shame I can't take part because I just couldn't find it in dvd anywhere here, for purchase or rent.

The website I use to buy movies hasn't White Hunter Black Heart for ready delivery.
When they have a movie in stock they are delivered in one day:

I'm not posting original links for security reasons

As you can see White Hunter, Black Heart would take 15 days to be delivered. With a bank employees strike going on here, even if the date is changed, I don't think I can make this movie night. :(

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 10:22:05 AM »

I just hope we don't cancel the movie!

That won't happen.

I'll make a decision when I get home from work. I'm still leaning towards going ahead this Sunday, but a final decision will be made at 5pm today. :)

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 10:31:10 PM »

This Sunday's Movie Night has been postponed.

See HERE for further details.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »

I have edited the first post in this thread to change the date of the movie night.

Please take note of the new starting time of 21:00 UTC. Some areas will no longer be observing daylight saving time, so in other areas, the start time may have changed.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »

I'm so used to these movie nights starting at 6am down here but with Daylight savings it doesn't start till 8am and that's still 30 minutes away.

I'm going in early to get the best seat in the house. :D

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 01:33:19 PM »

Since I'm first here, I just want to again thank everyone for their patience, with the delays and rescheduling of this movie night.

I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait.

Enjoy the film. 8)

TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 01:35:24 PM »

Thanks SK! :)
Aline

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 01:43:25 PM »

Hello, movie night gang. Unfortunately I won't be here today. They couldn't find my copy. :(

You guys and gals have fun. :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 01:44:06 PM »

I was just viewing the trailer and guess what scene they showed right at the end and the pic froze.

Yep, my favorite:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T