News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Charles Bronson Appreciation Thread  (Read 47133 times)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 01:32:13 PM »

John Landis on Chato’s Land

http://trailersfromhell.com/chatos-land/

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2013, 08:20:52 AM »

I´m also a huge Brosnon fan but what I´ve always disliked in his films that there is way too many times his wife,Jill Ireland in them.Now she was truly appaling actress.Especially disliked her in Love and Bullets which could`ve been awesome Bronson thriller without her.

Anyways if we`re talking about his"solo"films and therefore not mention great films like forexample Dirty Dozen,Magnificent Seven,The Great Escape or Once Upon A Time In The West I´d say that these are my favourites from him ( not in any particular order):

Also would like to mention St.Ives,Breakheart Pass,Telefon,Borderline and Death Hunt.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:43:31 PM by Hemlock » Logged
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2013, 08:22:50 AM »

Definitely some great films there, Hemlock.  Bronson truly was one of a kind.

“Eyuh.”
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 10:11:54 AM »

quite interesting article...

CINEMA RETRO SPECIAL REPORT: PAUL TALBOT ON THE MAKING OF CHARLES BRONSON'S "THE EVIL THAT MEN DO"

By Paul Talbot

The poster screamed: “Most criminals answer to the law. The world’s most savage executioner must answer to Bronson.” Since the late 1960s, Charles Bronson’s name on a marquee was a guarantee of unchained action. When The Evil That Men Do opened in 1984, fans were hit with the expected violence─but this time they were also assaulted with thick layers of sadism, sleaze and depravity. And they loved it.

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 02:40:40 PM »

quite interesting article...

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php

Very cool!  Thanks for sharing.  Sad to say I've never seen The Evil That Men Do.  I'll have to be on the lookout for that one.

“Eyuh.”
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2014, 04:18:11 AM »

I´d say that The Evil That Men Do is one of my least favourite Bronson film...actually I don`t like it at all.I don`t mind (some)violent and action but this is way too graphic with violent and sadistic to my likeing.I would not recommend this one to anybody.
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 05:23:25 AM »

I´d say that The Evil That Men Do is one of my least favourite Bronson film...actually I don`t like it at all.I don`t mind (some)violent and action but this is way too graphic with violent and sadistic to my likeing.I would not recommend this one to anybody.

Saaay, sadistic violence in the name of righteous vengence .....Sounds like my kind o' movie. Thx for the alert.

I became a big Bronson fan after the first Bronson movie I ever saw. Probly was Death Wish. I were a architeck at the time and so he resonated with me. And I recall vividly thinking that Jill Ireland was real cute. And I didnt care if she could act good or not.  But in all the excitement I have forgot exactly. He was magnifico in Once Upon A Time In The West.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:28:33 AM by The Man With No Aim » Logged

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
osramau2

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2014, 05:05:26 AM »

Charles Bronson is my second fave actor after Clint, Red Sun is an excellent movie, Mr Majestyk is right up there, but Chatos land is one of his best in my opinion, why does he need to say anything? aren't actions louder than words? anyway that's just my opinion, I have always loved the vulture in the poster, The Japanese B2 is cool

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:09:21 AM by osramau2 » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2014, 05:08:11 PM »

I haven't seen The Evil that Men Do, but I'd check it out. I'll watch about anything that Bronson did. A few weeks ago I saw The Stone Killer, which I thought was okay.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 10:42:23 AM »

During this past week, I've watched Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects and 10 to Midnight. I've seen 10 to Midnight before but not Kinjite. Both movies are on the same DVD that I've had for a while but just now got around to watching. I can see why these two movies were paired together since Kinjite is about a prostitution ring and 10 to Midnight is about a killer who targets women. I liked both a lot.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2014, 08:00:59 AM »

On his"later"films I vaguely remember that I liked Murphy`s Law.He also did fine job in Sean Penn`s Indian Runner.A bit different film from Bronson I´d say.

Anyways about week ago I had a bit of "Bronson festival" and watched Dead Hunt,Mr Majestyk and The Mechanic.As said all good films.
I started to feel urge to watch them after reading this particular thread  ;)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2014, 08:31:10 AM »

During this past week, I've watched Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects and 10 to Midnight. I've seen 10 to Midnight before but not Kinjite. Both movies are on the same DVD that I've had for a while but just now got around to watching. I can see why these two movies were paired together since Kinjite is about a prostitution ring and 10 to Midnight is about a killer who targets women. I liked both a lot.

I've seen Kinjite and 10 To Midnight but it was years ago.  Hell, decades!  I didn't care for them much at the time but since then my admiration for Charles Bronson films has grown so I'd like to see them again to see if I form a different opinion.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2014, 08:31:51 AM »

On his"later"films I vaguely remember that I liked Murphy`s Law.He also did fine job in Sean Penn`s Indian Runner.A bit different film from Bronson I´d say.

Anyways about week ago I had a bit of "Bronson festival" and watched Dead Hunt,Mr Majestyk and The Mechanic.As said all good films.
I started to feel urge to watch them after reading this particular thread  ;)

Wow, I've heard of Indian Runner but never knew Charles Bronson appeared in it!  I'll have to check it out!

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2014, 08:32:46 AM »

I wonder if there's a comprehensive Bronson dvd set out there, similar to what's been done for Eastwood.  If not, there damn well should be!

“Eyuh.”
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2014, 04:00:03 PM »

The book Bronson's Loose has been mentioned in this thread earlier, and I just checked to see about the price for it, and I really don't want to pay much for it so I checked to see what else has been written about him, specifically biographies. I ordered one from 1983 by David Downing from the library (I couldn't find Bronson's Loose from the same search). There aren't many books written about his life, but the few reviews of this one on Amazon make it sound like it could be interesting, even though it was written 20 years before his death!
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2014, 06:56:32 AM »

The 40th Anniversary Edition of Death Wish was released on Blu ray earlier this year:  Amazon/Death Wish

Apparently, the rest of the series is also available on Blu ray.  Although, I'm not 100% sure these are American covers or if they're even available on Blu ray in the U.S.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:59:13 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2014, 06:06:40 AM »

I did an Amazon search and did find some different covers for 2, 3, and 4.

I didn't remember that Lawrence Fishburne was in Death Wish 2. I'm pretty sure I've seen all of the movies at some point, but I remember part 3 the least. Part 4 might have been the first one I ever saw. As a kid my family borrowed some videos from some relatives, one of which was that one.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2014, 07:51:18 AM »

I did an Amazon search and did find some different covers for 2, 3, and 4.

I didn't remember that Lawrence Fishburne was in Death Wish 2. I'm pretty sure I've seen all of the movies at some point, but I remember part 3 the least. Part 4 might have been the first one I ever saw. As a kid my family borrowed some videos from some relatives, one of which was that one.

These covers are an improvement over the ones I found.  I believe Jeff Goldblum was also in Death Wish 2.

“Eyuh.”
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2014, 08:38:45 AM »

I believe Jeff Goldblum was also in Death Wish 2.

Jeff Goldblum was actually in first Death Wish  ;)

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2014, 08:41:56 AM »

Jeff Goldblum was actually in first Death Wish  ;)

I stand corrected.  I did know that, just mis-typed  :D

“Eyuh.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T