News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie Night - Kelly's Heroes. Sunday, September 18, 2011.  (Read 19374 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2011, 03:51:06 PM »

Thanks, everyone. This one will never be a favorite, but there are few good moments in it. It is awfully long, though!
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2011, 03:52:45 PM »

Thanks SK, KC and SC for an enjoyable break from shirts.  KC is right, though, this movie is awfully long.

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2011, 03:57:27 PM »

I wonder how they get all that gold out of there ... and back to the U.S.!

That's a good question actually. I wonder how reliable civilian postal services were during WWI and II?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2011, 04:01:01 PM »

Thanks everyone. I think the length is one of the reasons I don't watch it as much as other Eastwood films but I always enjoy it.

For our friends that missed out tonight, as I said there will be an encore screening on October 9.

Thank You. :)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2011, 06:21:17 PM »

That's a good question actually. I wonder how reliable civilian postal services were during WWI and II?

At the start of 1914 the General Post Office was one of the largest employers in the world, with a workforce of more than a quarter of a million, but the Great War had a significant impact on the service. Many postal workers left to serve on the front, either as fighting men or as part of army postal and telegraph services. With its workforce massively depleted, the Post Office reduced services at home and employed women in large numbers for the first time. The Post Office also participated in a massive censorship operation and was involved in the mass distribution of items such as army recruitment forms, ration books and advertising material for war bonds.

http://postalheritage.wordpress.com/2009/10/30/the-post-office-during-the-first-world-war/
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2011, 03:41:01 AM »

That's a shame 2M, but don't worry because since it looks like Lin won't be able to make it either tomorrow, we're going to have an encore screening of Kelly's Heroes on Sunday October 9, 2011.

So anyone who misses out tomorrow, won't have to wait too long to see this great film again. 8)

SK, Thank you and I look forward to the encore screening of Kelly's Heroes on Sunday October 9, 2011. :)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2011, 03:40:19 PM »

I look forward to the encore screening of Kelly's Heroes on Sunday October 9, 2011. :)

I should be able to make that date too.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T