News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble With the Curve: Production information and news  (Read 167014 times)
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #420 on: August 29, 2012, 12:32:47 PM »

Yeah, I like the first one much better as well... but I also like this one.  Will be interesting to see which one shows up in theaters.

My local theatre now has the "first" poster of TWTC up on their outside wall for one of their coming films.
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #421 on: August 29, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »

Amy Adams was on the David Letterman Show last night. I was hopeful that she would be promoting Trouble with the Curve, but she promoted the film, The Master (2012).
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #422 on: August 29, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »

Amy Adams was on the David Letterman Show last night. I was hopeful that she would be promoting Trouble with the Curve, but she promoted the film, The Master (2012).
That's kind of surprising since they come out the same day. But I'm sure she'll do some promotion for Trouble with the Curve too.
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #423 on: August 30, 2012, 08:38:40 AM »

I've seen lots of previews for the movie in the past two days during programs and NFL games on ESPN.  I've seen a bunch of new quick scenes that I haven't seen before.  From all that I've seen to date, no doubt that Clint is going to have a ton of great lines in this.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #424 on: September 03, 2012, 09:49:17 PM »

Ninth Ave. and 40th Street, New York City, Aug. 28, 2012:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:19:07 AM by KC » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #425 on: September 03, 2012, 11:06:30 PM »

Ninth Ave. and 40th Street, New York City, Aug. 28, 2010:

Why did it take you more than two years to post the pic? :D

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #426 on: September 04, 2012, 12:19:29 AM »

Slip of the keyboard ...  >:(
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #427 on: September 04, 2012, 03:16:19 PM »

Here's a short interview with Rob Lorenz, the director of this film. I didn't like the interview. The interviewer doesn't appear to really know how to interview people. She asks him what brought about Clint's return to acting, then before Lorenz has a chance to say anything, she jumps right in with her own ideas. "He wanted to act again, he liked the script, etc." What's the point of interviewing someone if you are going to interject your own answers to the questions you ask? This might work if you are looking to confront someone over something, and force them to address certain points, but it doesn't work in an informal, casual interview setting. I see this a lot, and it always annoys me.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8797839
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #428 on: September 04, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »

Here's a short interview with Rob Lorenz, the director of this film. I didn't like the interview. The interviewer doesn't appear to really know how to interview people. She asks him what brought about Clint's return to acting, then before Lorenz has a chance to say anything, she jumps right in with her own ideas. "He wanted to act again, he liked the script, etc." What's the point of interviewing someone if you are going to interject your own answers to the questions you ask? This might work if you are looking to confront someone over something, and force them to address certain points, but it doesn't work in an informal, casual interview setting. I see this a lot, and it always annoys me.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8797839
Nice to hear from Lorenz at any rate. Thanks for posting it. O0
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #429 on: September 04, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »

I meant to post this earlier ... Amy Adams was interviewed in the "Fall Preview" issue of New York Magazine (cover date August 27-September 3, 2012). It's mostly about her other big role this fall, in Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master, but there is this:

“Amy is very private,” says Robert Lorenz, the director of this fall’s Trouble With the Curve, of one scene in which Adams lets Clint Eastwood have it in a diner for being an absentee dad. “I asked her during filming, which of her roles was the closest to the real Amy, and she said, ‘This one.’  She was definitely addressing some aspect of her personal life in the role.” Eastwood’s words to the director after the scene was finished: “You got the right girl.”
http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/amy-adams-the-master.html

From the same issue ... in the "Movies" section, under "And we're also anticipating ... "

Trouble With the Curve

Because Clint Eastwood is in full-curmudgeon mode as a nearly retired, visually impaired baseball scout surrounded by know-nothing young people (Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake) in desperate need of his cranky wisdom.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #430 on: September 05, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »

The New York Times Film Club is sposoring a sneak somewhere in New York City next week ...

http://nytmarketing.whsites.net/filmclub/default.php?request=home_upcoming&stateSite=NY

Trouble With the Curve

September 12 at 7:00 p.m.

Theater location will be included in member reservation confirmation.

About the Film

An aging baseball scout with failing sight (Clint Eastwood) hits the road with his estranged daughter (Amy Adams) to pursue a promising young ballplayer. Justin Timberlake, John Goodman, Robert Patrick and Matthew Lillard co-star. Rated PG-13. 120 minutes.

Only members get in, and membership is a hundred bucks. Personally, I'm going to wait for the premiere, but some of your deep-pocketed people may be interested.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #431 on: September 05, 2012, 11:09:58 PM »

$100 is a lot of money to see the movie only a few days earlier. There are screenings in San Diego too, apparently, with one being today (Tuesday), but I have no idea how to get into them :(

The running time for the film is listed at 111 minutes on its IMBD page. This has been repeated elsewhere, so I assume its correct. This makes this Clint's shortest film since "Blood Work," which ran 110 minutes. "Gran Torino" ran 116 and "Million Dollar Baby" was 132 minutes.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #432 on: September 05, 2012, 11:12:43 PM »

This will apparently be closing the Tokyo Film Festival at the end of October. I find it very strange that Clint and Co have decided to bypass the film festival circuit here in the United States, where they can build buzz and hopefully awards talk, but are apparently participating in overseas markets. I wonder why that is. It doesn't make sense to me.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/Clint-eastwood-trouble-with-the-curve-tokyo-film-festival-368331
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #433 on: September 06, 2012, 06:49:47 AM »

People do buy movie tickets overseas, too, you know. And baseball is very popular in Japan.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #434 on: September 06, 2012, 06:57:53 AM »

This will apparently be closing the Tokyo Film Festival at the end of October. I find it very strange that Clint and Co have decided to bypass the film festival circuit here in the United States, where they can build buzz and hopefully awards talk, but are apparently participating in overseas markets. I wonder why that is. It doesn't make sense to me.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/Clint-eastwood-trouble-with-the-curve-tokyo-film-festival-368331

No harm in participating in overseas markets but I, too, am puzzled as to why the film festival circuit here has been overlooked. 

“Eyuh.”
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #435 on: September 06, 2012, 07:41:17 AM »

The best explanation for this is probably because this isn't likely to garner Awards talk, so there is no reason to release it during the festivals because it probably isn't that type of film. I'm still holding out hope that it is, as I'd love to see Eastwood win Best Actor before he concludes his acting career, but we'll have to wait and see. I didn't know baseball was so popular in Japan. That's a new fact for me!

I'm happy to report that I'm going to be seeing this film later tonight in San Diego. I'll try and update the board about my thoughts after the screening.

I've been doing a lot of searching for advanced tickets online, and finally found a site. Tickets for today's screening were posted yesterday. If you're interested in seeing this film early, check here and see if tickets are listed for your area. The tickets are free: http://www.getscreening.com/free-movies-screening-tickets?id=tt2083383&title=Trouble_with_the_Curve&state=CA&city=San%20Diego

I'm probably going to have to skip my class tonight to get in, but I think I'm going to do it! This is not something I would typically do, but I feel like Clint is worth it! I am looking forward to seeing this!
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #436 on: September 06, 2012, 08:28:45 AM »

Nice AKA, I'm very jealous indeed!

Keep an eye out for me if you'd be so kind. I think it is a montage shot of the "wonder kid" batting. I'm sitting right behind Clint.

Looks like you'll have to open up your review threads a little early KC.  :)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #437 on: September 06, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »

I'm happy to report that I'm going to be seeing this film later tonight in San Diego. I'll try and update the board about my thoughts after the screening.

I've been doing a lot of searching for advanced tickets online, and finally found a site. Tickets for today's screening were posted yesterday. If you're interested in seeing this film early, check here and see if tickets are listed for your area. The tickets are free: http://www.getscreening.com/free-movies-screening-tickets?id=tt2083383&title=Trouble_with_the_Curve&state=CA&city=San%20Diego

I'm probably going to have to skip my class tonight to get in, but I think I'm going to do it! This is not something I would typically do, but I feel like Clint is worth it! I am looking forward to seeing this!

Assuming you do go, AKA, please post your comments in one (or both) of these new threads I've set up:

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=9409.0 (Members' Comments, No Spoilers)
http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=9408.0 (Members' Comments, Spoilers Allowed)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #438 on: September 06, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »

AKA, I'm sorry but  I would be very pleased with this information.  Participation Tokyo International Film Festival of "Trouble with the Curve" has great significance for Clint.  You will not know how Japanese is huge fans of Clint Eastwood and loves the baseball ( as KC mentioned that )? !!   Whatever Festival, Award or another, I hoped R.Lorenz and Clint will attend to the premier in Japan for "Trouble with the Curve"!!  
Participating in overseas markets ? No!! But it's because that is Japan!!  ;)
Clint and R.Lorenz already attended the world premier for "Letters from Iwo Jima" at Tokyo before the premier in US!! Then I'm sure that "Trouble with the Curve ' would be a great success in Japan!!   Also, I think that Clint's Japanese fans would welcome the opportunity to thank Clint who showed compassion for ' 3.11.2011' the great earthquake and tsunami in eastern Japan,  happened at just before the premier in Japan of " Hereafter " unfortunately!!..... if only Clint will participate in this Festival!.  :)
And more...  "YURUSAREZARUMONO" ( Unforgiven )· · · · Clint may be appear on the scene shooting in Hokkaido! ! And....... :D

Nice AKA, I'm very jealous indeed!

Keep an eye out for me if you'd be so kind. I think it is a montage shot of the "wonder kid" batting. I'm sitting right behind Clint.

Looks like you'll have to open up your review threads a little early KC.  :)

And Aka, you are so lucky to go to see before everyone. Enjoy!!  :)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:55:57 PM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #439 on: September 06, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »

Official site of " Trouble with the Curve "

http://troublewiththecurve.warnerbros.com/

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T