News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble With the Curve: Production information and news  (Read 110533 times)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2011, 08:55:37 AM »

My computer at home is broken so I haven't been able to visit here much and I noticed the news in a finnish site. Ohh, how excited I got. I just wish I could be here more often, I'm missing all the good stuff..  :D

We are missing you too satu.

This is a movie to look forward to. Not only because it is about baseball but mostly because Clint will be in front of the camera again. :)
TheManWithNoName

My mule don't like being laughed at!!

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »

I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but IMDB says that it is rumored the Amy Adams is slated to play Clint's Daughter in "Trouble With The Curve."
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2011, 03:38:09 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but IMDB says that it is rumored the Amy Adams is slated to play Clint's Daughter in "Trouble With The Curve."

Who`s Amy Adams  ???
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2011, 08:42:35 PM »

Clint_Rules

View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »

Now that is one beautiful woman.
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2012, 07:12:18 PM »

Amy Adams would be a great choice. She was terrific in Disney's " Enchanted" and equally as good in The Fighter.
She's got good range and would spark off Clint very well.
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2012, 05:15:08 AM »

I like Amy Adams. She would be a good choice in my opinion, too.  :)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2012, 05:27:35 PM »

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/01/17/matthew-lillard-clint-eastwood-curve/

Matthew Lillard is in talks to join Eastwood and Amy Adams in "Trouble with the Curve." I did see "The Descendants" but am otherwise unfamiliar with Lillard's work. Is anyone here more familiar?

Eastwood and Adams I like :)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2012, 08:06:59 PM »

" Newcomer being eyed for Clint Eastwood drama "

Reuters By Joshua L. Weinstein

http://news.yahoo.com/newcomer-being-eyed-clint-eastwood-drama-025615083.html

LOS ANGELES, Jan 17 (TheWrap.com) - Warner Bros. is circling Joe Massingill, a young actor with a handful of television credits, to star with Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams in the Warner Bros. drama "Trouble With the Curve," TheWrap has learned.

"The Descendants" star Matthew Lillard is in talks with the studio to join the cast, as well.

In "Trouble With the Curve," Eastwood plays an ailing baseball scout who takes his daughter on one last recruiting trip to Atlanta.

Lillard is in talks to play another scout.

Massingill grew up in Georgia and is a graduate of that state's Valdosta State University. It is unclear what role the studio is looking at him to play.

Eastwood's long-time producing partner, Robert Lorenz, is making his directorial debut with the movie, which Randy Brown wrote.

Adams will play the daughter.

Massingill appeared on one episode of "Glee," an episode of "Courage, New Hampshire" and an episode of "Zeke and Luther," all in 2011.

Eastwood's Malpaso Productions is producing.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
ilconsigliere

View Profile Email
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2012, 06:08:03 AM »

A man's got to know his limitations.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »

exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »

This from screenrant.com:
http://screenrant.com/amy-adams-eastwood-trouble-with-curve-cast-sandy-147467/

This person states in this article "AND meant to be a final sendoff for Eastwood as a star of the big screen."  How many times have we heard this before!!
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »

I'm really looking forward to watching this movie!  I am a huge baseball fan and huge Eastwood fan.  The only problem I don't want to wait until Jan 2013 to watch it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:57:34 AM by Rawhide7 » Logged
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2012, 08:21:25 PM »

"Trouble with the Curve" is set for a release date of September 28th, 2012, according to the "Hollywood Reporter." That isn't a good time to open if the film is looking to garner Oscar attention. Films with that kind of potential usually open later in the year. Maybe it's not that kind of film after all...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/clint-eastwood-amy-adams-baseball-trouble-curve-285962
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2012, 02:01:05 AM »

Wow!  If it's being released Sept 2012 I wont have to wait that long after all.  But I would much rather wait and see it in Jan 2013 if it means Clint wins the Oscar for best actor! O0
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »

Wow!  If it's being released Sept 2012 I wont have to wait that long after all.  But I would much rather wait and see it in Jan 2013 if it means Clint wins the Oscar for best actor! O0

I don't think the release date will make any difference.  For instance, Brad Pitt is nominated this year for Moneyball, which had a September release.  If the film is good and Clint's performance is notable, then it'll just depend on what other actors turn in "Oscar-worthy" performances and how the voters feel.  Unlike some people around here, I don't for a second think Clint actually cares all that much for a little statue.  If he does, then I've misjudged him.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
iconfan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2012, 03:08:37 PM »

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/clint-eastwood-trouble-with-the-curve-release-date/

This is where I found the news about the release date
And the interesting thing is Clint is not directing so it'll be fast tracked as soon as they start shooting

If it has a March start through to maybe mid-April and then the standard editing, music, dubbing and release in September
And if it hits and carries the audience into October or even early November it's a shoe-in to be nominated

I think it would depend on what kind of movie it is and who else is competing against it in the Fall window

If it's a drama in the vein of Million Dollar baby would get it several Oscar nods but if it's kind of a lighter feel-good film with some humor in it might just get Clint an actor nod but little else. Traditionally, the more serious the film, the more chances it has to grab the most nominations ( like actor/supporting actor/screenplay/direction/costumes etc etc etc)

I think he liked it (once again) for the relationship with the dad and daughter
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2012, 05:52:45 PM »

Your probably right he may not care about winning an oscar for best actor.  But I know his fans would really like him to win one.  It's just really hard to believe that he's never won an oscar for best actor.  Just like it's hard to believe that Nolan Ryan never won a cy young award.  But really Clint does'nt need to win an oscar for best actor because his acting career speaks for itself.  I would MUCH rather have his great career and not ever win the award than act in one great movie only and win just one oscar for best actor.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »

I really can't stop laughing that whenever there's talk of a new movie with or by Clint, a lot of people start talking Oscars. This film hasn't even started shooting!!! It was the same when J. Edgar was first mentioned. Oscar for this, Oscar for that. What happened? A big duck egg!!

Let's discuss shooting schedules, cast, behind the scenes crew and all the revelant info and leave the speculation about awards until the film is actually made.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »

^ You said it, SK!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T