News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS: Acting: 2. Gian Maria Volonté's Performance  (Read 3021 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 11, 2003, 11:58:45 PM »

How would you rate Gian Maria Volonté in the role of Ramón Rojo? What do you like or dislike about his performance?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 04:54:47 PM »

Gian Maria Volonté is my favorite Eastwood co-star.  Although I think his role of Indio in For a Few Dollars More is more interesting than Ramón Rojo, I just love his performance here.  Volonté is the perfect match for Clint because he's one of the only actors (Van Cleef is the only other that I can think of) who can really hold his own in the "cool" department with Clint.  

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 05:10:16 PM »

His performance is great in this movie. Ramon and Indio are two of the meanest villains in Eastwood's movies. Volonte's perfomances really brings that to life.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2003, 01:33:21 PM by Christopher » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 03:47:30 PM »

This thread is now locked.  Please post any additional thoughts you have on this topic in the Western forum.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:56:01 AM »

This topic has been temporarily unlocked.  Feel free to post any additional thoughts or discussion here.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »

Gian Maria Volonté as Ramon Rojo is perfect.  He reflects the evil while TMWNN reflects the not so bad.  I can't really say good because he does his fair share of killing too.

Volonté gives a terrific performance, he shows how money and greed can turn a man.  The last scene is excellent.  His eyes say it all, his wonder at what is happening when he keeps firing and TMWNN does not die.  Leone chose two actors  (Clint and Volonté ) who together sum up the essence of the movie.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 01:29:14 AM »

Thanks, everyone! This thread is now locked.  Please post any additional thoughts you have on this topic in the Clint Eastwood Westerns forum.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T