News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's Memorabilia Thread  (Read 43443 times)
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 23, 2012, 04:05:16 AM »

I'm taking reference pictures of some of my archive these days, I thought I'd share some of them with you. I decided to start a new thread (I hope you're OK with this) because I mix posters, lobby cards & some stills and I also don't want to fill up the other threads - I'm gonna take some 200 reference stills I suppose ...

I'll start with COOGAN & MULES.

German A- & B-Style poster plus 25 cards (these are very hard to find, I suppose it is a set of 28, never saw the missing cards). Then there's the US 11x14 set, an Italian lobby card (photobusta), the Argentinian poster and some behind the scenes stills.

mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:28:18 AM »

I'll continue with TWO MULES.

German 1-sh quad (one of my favorite posters), 1-sh A-style, then the rare set of 24 lobby cards.
Scarce early German Window card with planned title ''Rough Night at Rio Grande'' (puuh).
German 1975 re-release 1-sh (so they used that artwork five years later), plus the 1975 set of 16 cards.
UK Quad plus the FOH set of 8; Italian locandina (Insert) plus some behind the scenes stills.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:29:21 AM by mike siegel » Logged
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »

German 1sh + complete set of 17 cards for DIRTY HARRY

Spanish RR (1981)

US LC set:

Belgium poster

French LC's

Italian 4-Foglio (140x200cm) + 5 photobustas

some behind the scenes stills
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:24:01 PM by mike siegel » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 01:33:38 PM »

Sensational stuff! Thanks so much for posting!  8)
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 02:25:24 PM »

Absolutely brilliant, Mike. A big thank you for posting your superb Dirty Harry posters and lobby cards. O0

Which is your favourite one out of all those? I like the Italian 4-Foglio (140x200cm) plus the 5 photobustas. :)
davytriumph
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:47:24 AM »

Nice German DH Lobby set, that's the first time I have seen a complete set.  O0

Slightly odd though that they used 7 shots from the bank robbery scene.

In your behind the scenes images, I love the shot of Clint and Don Siegel on the railway bridge. Never seen that one before.

"Theres three dollars, including the tip"
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 01:17:50 AM »

FAVORITE DIRTY: yes, the Italians rescued their creativity into the 70s. Beautiful stuff. Until approx. 1970 the Germans did fantastic artwork too (TWO MULES I love). But in the 70s 'universal' artwork became the thing of the day. A  bit boring for collectors. As nice as the differences between countries are, I rather have something completely different (as it used to be most of the time in the 50s/60s and before).

Yes, it took me quite a while to get all 17 DIRTY cards together. For some 25 years I never really knew how many existed! Collecting lc's in Germany is quite an adventure. The WHERE EAGLES pressbook for instance states 'set of 27 lobby cards'. But they manufactured 43! As for DIRTY, most Warner sets in the 70s included 12, 14 (not often), 16 or 18 cards. But in 1971/72 they somehow decided to make sets of 17. Very strange indeed. (No numbers stated in the pressbooks). But I have OMEGA-MAN (17), DELIVERANCE (17) and DIRTY. So 17 it is I suppose. I have those other sets for decades, always checked those three titles out to maybe find an 18th. THere's also a slight chance they withdrew the 18th card. But on all three titles?

The selection of images was always odd. In all countries I suppose. In this DIRTY case it drove me NUTS. Because I had 16 cards for years. Until I found out that my missing 17th card was almost identical to another one ! (Clint & the car).
But hey, the more cards the better is my philosophy. Like the German GBU set - 10 cards from the cemetery sequence alone :)
I like that.
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 01:29:38 AM »

Come to speak of it. Here are GBU lc's and sets, my favorite Clint film.
Germany (all 25, took me 25 years I guess), German 1980 (awful) , French (all 12 first release, RR set was minus the shot in the trenches!),
Italian 1972 (complete set of 5), Italian late 70s (green, complete set of 6), UK (rare set), USA (set of 8 + three 11x14s. Bad job, reversed sides!),
Spanish (2 very scarce first release, 6 from the 70s and a set of 12 from the early 80s). Plus 2 Mexican.
The posters I won't upoad again. Altogether they are all in that GBU thread.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:32:16 AM by mike siegel » Logged
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »

Wow....That's really great collections, so cool!!  Very pleasure to watch......Thanks Mike!!   8)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 07:53:40 AM »

FAVORITE DIRTY: yes, the Italians rescued their creativity into the 70s. Beautiful stuff. Until approx. 1970 the Germans did fantastic artwork too (TWO MULES I love). But in the 70s 'universal' artwork became the thing of the day. A  bit boring for collectors. As nice as the differences between countries are, I rather have something completely different (as it used to be most of the time in the 50s/60s and before).

Yes, it took me quite a while to get all 17 DIRTY cards together. For some 25 years I never really knew how many existed! Collecting lc's in Germany is quite an adventure. The WHERE EAGLES pressbook for instance states 'set of 27 lobby cards'. But they manufactured 43! As for DIRTY, most Warner sets in the 70s included 12, 14 (not often), 16 or 18 cards. But in 1971/72 they somehow decided to make sets of 17. Very strange indeed. (No numbers stated in the pressbooks). But I have OMEGA-MAN (17), DELIVERANCE (17) and DIRTY. So 17 it is I suppose. I have those other sets for decades, always checked those three titles out to maybe find an 18th. THere's also a slight chance they withdrew the 18th card. But on all three titles?

The selection of images was always odd. In all countries I suppose. In this DIRTY case it drove me NUTS. Because I had 16 cards for years. Until I found out that my missing 17th card was almost identical to another one ! (Clint & the car).
But hey, the more cards the better is my philosophy. Like the German GBU set - 10 cards from the cemetery sequence alone :)
I like that.

Very interesting post,Mike. :) Thanks for your knowledge on this. I would love to see you post some of your collections from other movies other than Clint Eastwood films. I am a big movie fan but never really considered collecting lobby cards or posters but I do respect people like you, SC and Davy for your sheer determination in collecting them all, well done! O0

The GBU lobby cards are fantastic. This is a great thread and I look forward to seeing you post more of your collection in the future:)
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 11:06:39 AM »

I'm glad you like it :)
Yes, as for my money the Germans (and Italians) were leading when it comes to posters & lobby cards in
the 50s - early 70s. Outstanding stuff. Did I upload the WHERE EAGLES DARE set ? 43 cards. Nuts :)

Check out my 'Mike's German ...' threads at the poster forum. I'm sure you like them.
I already uploaded a thousand posters I guess. I collect a lot :)

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/board,4.0.html
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »

Out of curiosity, Mike,do you display some of your treasures? If so, how many do you have room for?

One reason why I never got into collecting posters is lack of space on my walls to display them (and really also, lack of storage space to store them properly).
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »

I'm glad you like it :)
Yes, as for my money the Germans (and Italians) were leading when it comes to posters & lobby cards in
the 50s - early 70s. Outstanding stuff. Did I upload the WHERE EAGLES DARE set ? 43 cards. Nuts :)

Thanks, I loved them. O0

I don't think you have upload the WHERE EAGLES DARE set on the board yet. I would love to see these. Mike how many of them did you use for Cinema Retro's fantastic WED special? ???

Check out my 'Mike's German ...' threads at the poster forum. I'm sure you like them.
I already uploaded a thousand posters I guess. I collect a lot :)

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

Wow! these are fantastic, very outstanding and great detail in each one. I like the David Lean ones plus the Polanski "weekend of a champion" I am a big motor sport fan and collect memorabilia on this. I have Sir Jackie Stewart's autograph a couple of times along with many other drivers including many Germany drivers from DTM and F1.

Thank you for the link. O0

Do you have any Lobby cards on Elvis Presley films or Terence Hill films? ???
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »

huu, many questions :)

I'm not a good example (regarding mental health) when it comes to collecting. I'm one of those maniacs who have them everywhere. But I work with that archive for years now, so it's not just a hobby. I Illustrate DVD's (Booklets & galleries), magazines, books, retrospectives,etc.) and I also sell, I have an eBay store. I started age 10 after watching STAR WARS (first release :)). I always have extra rooms rented for storage. I wouldn't force my girlfriend to live with a nerd, although we love BIG BANG THEORY. There's 'film' in the apartement everywhere, but not those huge piles of paper. I live in a museum, not a storage facility :)

Below I attach some stuff on the wall. I change them every other few years, a too extensive display can damage posters (and lc's, they fade !).

I'll upload all WHERE EAGLES DARE stuff I have in the near future. I supplied Dave & Lee for RETRO with approx 30 or 40 images  I guess. They have most of it themselves , they love the film :) I like it, but not that much I'm afraid. Maybe because I'm German or because I was too spoiled when I first saw it in 1981, to me it was just an overblown shoot-em-up. Only Clint did make the show for me. Although he was wasted, he should have been the lead, not Burton. Cool action of course :). But I'm more into KELLYS HEROES, 'love it.

ELVIS: I have some left, I just took reference pictures. See it soon :) (I have a KING CREOLE on the wall, his best film I think). As for TERENCE HILL, I'm your man. I guess I have one of the biggest collections on him. He was next to Belmondo my childhood hero. I still love those films (1967 - 1977, from then on the films were merely made for children). I photographed all the posters. The lc's - some only, I have maybe 2000 (incl. stills) on him, too much...

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:50:23 AM by mike siegel » Logged
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »

huu, many questions

Sorry! ;D

I'm not a good example (regarding mental health) when it comes to collecting. I'm one of those maniacs who have them everywhere. But I work with that archive for years now, so it's not just a hobby. I Illustrate DVD's (Booklets & galleries), magazines, books, retrospectives,etc.) and I also sell, I have an eBay store. I started age 10 after watching STAR WARS (first release ). I always have extra rooms rented for storage. I wouldn't force my girlfriend to live with a nerd, although we love BIG BANG THEORY. There's 'film' in the apartement everywhere, but not those huge piles of paper. I live in a museum, not a storage facility

Wow! You really do live in a museum, your girlfriend must really love you.  :D Those are great pictures, thanks for sharing them. O0

Below I attach some stuff on the wall. I change them every other few years, a too extensive display can damage posters (and lc's, they fade !).

I'll upload all WHERE EAGLES DARE stuff I have in the near future. I supplied Dave & Lee for RETRO with approx 30 or 40 images  I guess. They have most of it themselves , they love the film I like it, but not that much I'm afraid. Maybe because I'm German or because I was too spoiled when I first saw it in 1981, to me it was just an overblown shoot-em-up. Only Clint did make the show for me. Although he was wasted, he should have been the lead, not Burton. Cool action of course . But I'm more into KELLYS HEROES, 'love it.

Thank you, Mike. :)
Dave and Lee always do a superb job but it's also thanks to people like you that makes the magazine one of the best.
I understand about you coming from Germany, after all you are always painted as the bad guys in WW1 & 2  flicks. I also agree with you about Kelly Heroes, It one of my favourite Clint Eastwood movies, I love the action, humour, music and the perfect ending :)

ELVIS: I have some left, I just took reference pictures. See it soon (I have a KING CREOLE on the wall, his best film I think). As for TERENCE HILL, I'm your man. I guess I have one of the biggest collections on him. He was next to Belmondo my childhood hero. I still love those films (1967 - 1977, from then on the films were merely made for children). I photographed all the posters. The lc's - some only, I have maybe 2000 (incl. stills) on him, too much

I love your King Creole Poster and I also agree with you about King Creole as his best work out of all 33 movies Elvis made.
It's great we have someone on the board who is big on Terence Hill. I love your Trinity poster. My favourite film is My Name Is Nobody plus I like Watch out We're Mad.

Thanks once again for sharing these with the board. O0
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 12:32:59 AM »

Thanks for sharing all that, Mike! What a place you have! :D

Feel free to post any of the non-Eastwood items in your collection in the Off Topic forum. We have a thread down there called Collectors Corner:

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=8398.0
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 12:39:10 AM »

That really is an amazing collection Mike.  It must take some looking after.  I don't know about a nerd, more a guy who knows what he has and what he wants.  ;)
davytriumph
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 01:00:56 AM »

Quite simply............

AWESOME

Very cool picture of you in the exhibition.  People often mention to me that I should display my collection (which is specifically only Eastwood), but I am sure nobody would be interested, besides that, who the hell would pay for it ?  ???

p.s. I agree Terence Hill is great (also love him with Bud Spencer)

"Theres three dollars, including the tip"
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »

Feel free to post any of the non-Eastwood items in your collection in the Off Topic forum. We have a thread down there called Collectors Corner:

If you take a look you will see Mike already posts his non-Eastwood items in the Collectors Corner thread :D
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »

People often mention to me that I should display my collection (which is specifically only Eastwood), but I am sure nobody would be interested, besides that, who the hell would pay for it ?  ???

p.s. I agree Terence Hill is great (also love him with Bud Spencer)

Davy, It would make a great exhibition of original vintage cinema posters and Lobby cards and probably does have a paying market out there within the UK. :)

Glad to see you also think Terence Hill is great and I too love him with Bud Spencer. O0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T