News: Now in post-production: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 9600 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: March 17, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »

A few years ago we had a topic about our Worst Nightmares but this thread is to discuss any dreams you've had that were weird, funny or anything really.

Years ago I always had two reoccurring dreams. One was the plane crashes that I spoke about in the Nightmares thread and another was of walking out of work and I couldn't find my car in the carpark. I would wander up and down for ages and the weird thing was, the carpark wasn't the carpark at work, it was always different. Some nights I'd wake up without finding it and other nights I'd find it and think why did it take so long to find it when it's been here all along.

I hadn't had that dream for a couple of years until last night. I walked out of work and can't find my car, walking up and down for so long. Then a car pulls up beside me and the driver was my next door neighbour, (He moved about 5 years ago and passed away last year) so I got in the car and we start driving around this unfamiliar carpark looking for my car.

Again, I woke up before finding it.

Why I dreamt that after not having one for so long is baffling. Even more bizarre is dreaming of a dead neighbour. :o

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 03:05:48 PM »

Sometimes I'll google search for what a particular dream means, but I always wonder about how accurate all that dream analysis stuff is.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »

For many years, since I was a kid in fact, I had a recurring dream that I was being chased, usually by the police.
The strange thing was that I would find the whole dream quite exciting. They never caught me and I seemed to enjoy
always being one step ahead of them. The dreams always took place in urban areas where I do feel most comfortable and
I just seemed to have a better knowledge of the areas so was able to avoid capture..

Don't think I've had that dream in many years..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »

I actually have'nt had a dream in quite awhile now.  Have had a few nightmares but no dreams lately.  I wish I could dream a lot every night because that means your getting the necessary deep REM (rapid eye movement) sleep you need to feel rejuvenated.  Maybe since this was posted maybe I'll start dreaming more and then I can give the credit to you SK! :)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 09:58:33 PM »

You're probably actually dreaming, but just not remembering that you do. Pretty much everyone dreams every single night.

And by the way, nightmares are dreams ... thank goodness.
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 01:20:54 AM »

Hey Sk, I actually had a dream the other night.  O0
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 03:30:24 AM »

Hey Sk, I actually had a dream the other night.  O0

Nothing weird or wacky about it R7?

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 12:52:20 AM »

Nothing weird or wacky about it R7?

Well it was kind of a weird stupid dream and I was'nt goint to say what it was.  But since you asked.  I dreamed that I was at work and up on a ladder and trying to reach a box that I could'nt ever reach.  So I just kept climbing and climbing and climbing and I never could reach what I was trying to get.  All I know is that was one very large ladder.  ;D
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 06:39:59 AM »

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"--Browning. ;)
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 08:11:23 AM »

I had a beautiful dream 15 days (nights) ago :

I was cooking in my kitchen, listerning to the radio, then I turned back to put the dish on the table, and my Dad was sat, smiling (he died in early 2005).
 I was so happy to see him, I immediatly sat down, and took his warm hands in mine, and couldn't stop asking him so many questions ... "Where have you been living now ? What are you doing all day long ? ..." : he was maybe only 45 or 50 years old (he died at 67) in my dream, and wore the last blue-jean shirt I gave him for his last Christmas with us ...

He answered in a smile that he was very happy, that now he had a kind dog, that he walked a lot with the dog in countryside ... and that he had to look after an old friend called Mr Sauret.
I was so excited, I let him, opened the window to call Cyrille my husband who was in the garden, and shouted "Oh ! Come on Cyrille ! Dad is here !" ... I turned my head ... the chair was empty...

I told that dream to my Mum who said that when he was young, when he still lived with his own parents, the neighbour was called Mr Sauret, I had never listerned to that name before.

Strangely, that was not a sad dream, even less a nightmare : that was so nice to talk to him, and when I woke up, I still could see his hands in mine, and now that I am writing to tell you that beautiful dream, only now, tears roll on my cheeks, but I don't feel sad ... only deeply orphan ...

Thank you all  :)!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:13:10 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 02:38:33 AM »

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"--Browning. ;)

Very cool quote!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 07:38:56 PM »

Aw, Sylvie, what a sweet dream about your Dad! You're lucky to have had that brief "visit."
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 11:24:13 PM »

Beautiful dream Sylvie   :)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 01:36:50 AM »

:) You're right KC and Gant, that was a very nice dream ... even now, I can  feel how happy I was, how great it was to see him ... A great luck

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 09:59:44 PM »

Hopefully I can have another dream soon.  I defenetely need some good deep sleep!
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 06:06:05 PM »

I recently had a paranormal dream where I was in my kitchen and watched a glass move by itself over and over. The dream seemed so real that I had fear and was thinking I cannot believe that this is happening.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 07:27:22 PM »

Most of my dreams I simply don't want to remember, though one dream translated into a painting I made. That painting sold!

Goals are Great!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 12:46:29 AM »

I haven't been sleeping well lately but when I do get to sleep, I've been having the weirdest dreams.

One was I standing in the front yard of a house that was on fire and I had a garden hose in my hand spraying water on the flames coming out of the window. I wasn't in a panic or anything, just standing there like I was watering the garden.

Last night I had two that I remembered clearly when I woke up. The first was I was rushing around trying to find a place to park my car so I could put my lotto tickets in at the newsagent. Finally finding a spot, I jumped outta the car and run into the shop and look up at the machine and think, "Oh crap, I don't even have my tickets with me!"

This dream was the weirdest though. I was wandering around these housing units with a poster in my hand, next I'm in one of the units and two kids walk down a flight of stairs and see me and are quite startled and I ask is this where Eli Wallach lives? They said no, Uncle Eli lives down the street.

I mean, what the hell was that all about? :o

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 06:34:09 AM »

Maybe that last one means you're coming to New York ... Uncle Eli lives here. ;)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »

Maybe that last one means you're coming to New York ... Uncle Eli lives here. ;)

Hey SK you never know your lotto numbers could come up.  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T