News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 10264 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 11:10:42 PM »

The dreams I remember are few and far between, but they're usually not enjoyable. This week, I woke up startled -- realized I had been dreaming that I was in the car with my father, who was driving, and he was extremely drunk and angry, and he put the car in reverse, and started down the street that I grew up on. He was going about 60 mph in reverse down long winding roads. I remember thinking we were going to crash, but it just kept going and going, and he was doing great, but it was still inevitable. The feeling "I can't believe he hasn't killed us yet", and trying to get the seat belt on, but it was jammed.  Then, awake.

Oh well, just reviving threads as I find them.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2015, 03:39:37 AM »

Thanks to Matt reviving this thread, I just read this post from KC in April 2012 in reply to a dream I had.

Maybe that last one means you're coming to New York ... Uncle Eli lives here. ;)

And just over two years later I did. Although I didn't see uncle Eli.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 03:52:26 PM »

I had another great dream last night.  (Sarcasm).

This one is so crazy, I absolutely had to post it here.  KC will probably enjoy this!

I had a dream about meeting KC! It's true!  It went like this...

I get to NYC, and she's living in this stucco Italian style condominium complex in the middle of New York City (I know, right? Stick with me).  There's all these gardens and the condo complex are small 2 story buildings that all look exactly the same, and there's only about 8 apartments in each one. Well, I manage to find hers, and I wind up being so boring, that I catch her e-mailing someone "Matt's here, and I'm looking forward to him leaving."  So, I'm planning my retreat, but along the way we somehow meet a Japanese Yankees player, and it's not Matsui or Ichiro. (This is the strangest dream.)  And he autographs in Japanese, and I try to read it, but my pronunciation is bad (which is the only real truth in this odd dream), and so both KC and the Yankee player think I'm an idiot. So, I decide to leave. I have a piece of luggage with me, but I forgot it in KC's apartment, and she and her roommate (an older woman) show me out, and I'm on my way to find the subway to go to the airport, when I realize I don't have my luggage. So I have to go back to the Condo complex, and now I can't find her apartment, and accidentally walk into the wrong one. Then I do find it, but the door is locked and so I have to go to the main desk, which is a gorgeous country club like area, huge ceilings, and all still very Mediterranean.  They explain to me that KC is taking her run in Central Park. 

Knowing the length of KC's runs, I'm now trying to figure out if I need to try to somehow catch up to her and find her in Central Park, or miss my flight home.

And then I woke up.

Very strange dream. KC, after 15 years I finally had a dream about you. I can't remember any before this, but the Yankees have showed up in my dreams before.

Weirdness.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:53:50 PM by Matt » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 07:37:51 PM »

I can't remember ever having a dream about Matt ... or about anyone on the Board, for that matter ... and I've actually met several of you. It's rather odd when you consider all the time I spend hanging out here. ???

Matt, that Japanese player must have been Tanaka.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 07:48:45 PM »

That's him!  ;D

I have very strange dreams. I'm not at all surprised by that one.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 08:02:42 PM »

Start practicing your pronunciation, in case your dream comes true ...

I'm not so sure I want to start looking around for an older woman for a roommate, though ...  :P
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 10:01:35 PM »

It's Déjà vu all over again. ;)

Yes, see... that's pretty much what I saw in my dream. But, to my credit in my dream, I could read it. I just couldn't pronounce it properly. And you both thought I was stupid then. Man, what would you both think now?  ;D

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 12:15:37 AM »

I can't remember ever having a dream about Matt ... or about anyone on the Board, for that matter ... and I've actually met several of you. It's rather odd when you consider all the time I spend hanging out here. ???

Matt, that Japanese player must have been Tanaka.

Oh, Noooooo!! I hoped that KC will answer, it was "KURODA" !!  :knuppel2:

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 12:42:42 AM »

It was definitely Tanaka. That's him! I recognize him!

At this point in the dream, where we met Tanaka, KC's apartment had turned into some type of a party hall -- he was inside her apartment with me, KC and a bunch of other people. Maybe you were there, too, and I just didn't notice!  ;D
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 12:52:29 AM »

It was definitely Tanaka. That's him! I recognize him!

At this point in the dream, where we met Tanaka, KC's apartment had turned into some type of a party hall -- he was inside her apartment with me, KC and a bunch of other people. Maybe you were there, too, and I just didn't notice!  ;D

Never!! Not me with TANAKA? Oh, Noooooo :knuppel2: :tickedoff:

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 12:55:49 AM »

:2funny:  KC liked him (he was in full uniform).
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2016, 12:57:59 AM »

Well, Kuroda's gone back to Japan, so I don't think it was him. Though he was a very good pitcher for the Yankees for three years, and that's more than you can say for Tanaka, so far!

But I think I invited both Kuroda and Tanaka to that party. I knew Higashimori wouldn't come if she heard I had only invited Tanaka!

The rest of the crowd was mostly Eastwood Web Board members. I figured if I couldn't ever meet them in my dreams, maybe I could meet them in Matt's dream, at least.  :D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2016, 01:02:35 AM »

That's probably who they were!

Maybe the secret to dreaming about the Web Board is to fall asleep reading it, which is pretty much what happened last night.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2016, 01:38:41 AM »

Right now, I'm going to go off and fall asleep reading some Trollope. ;)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2016, 01:59:02 AM »

I wonder if this dream has anything to do with having just watched Coogan's Bluff, the Cowboy in NYC (we're not Cowboys in Nashville, but with public perception, we may as well be) and the Pigeon Toed Orange Peel scene. Coogan's luggage plays a bit part in that film too.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2016, 10:35:32 AM »

Possibly. Which do you see me as, Julie or Linny? ???

The "older woman" must be Mrs. Ringerman.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 10:37:14 AM »

Possibly. Which do you see me as, Julie or Linny? ???

You're Julie. Daisy is Linny. She must be off with Ringerman again.

The "older woman" must be Mrs. Ringerman.

I thought of that! Haha! Except, it would more likely be Grandma Ringerman by my memory of the dream.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2016, 01:03:37 PM »

That is a funky dream, Matt! ;D

I dreamed one night last week that a bunch of former students of mine were on my patio, one even came inside for a moment, and when I went to the patio door a bunch were looking inside. They backed away when they saw me, so I opened the door and started yelling at them. :tickedoff:
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2016, 01:40:57 PM »

My Dreams > Christopher's Dreams   ;D

Christopher, you were probably the person KC was emailing that she wanted me to leave.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2016, 02:17:38 PM »

Roughly 75 percent of my dreams are either someone is hunting me and I'm on the run, or I've lost my passport on a trip, or I'm back in college and I don't know how to get to my next class.

Kooky dream Matt; attempting to read Japanese characters is pretty random.  I haven't dreamt about the board myself, though years ago I did have Clint related dream where I was in a western.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T