News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 8966 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2016, 02:27:41 PM »

Kooky dream Matt; attempting to read Japanese characters is pretty random.  I haven't dreamt about the board myself, though years ago I did have Clint related dream where I was in a western.

If you remember that dream, that would be fun to hear!

The Japanese characters isn't as random as it sounds. I'm in the middle of Death Note, an anime. Lots of Japanese characters in it, and I listen to it undubbed.  My dream actually makes so much sense when you realize I just watched Coogan's Bluff, I've been watching Death Note, and talking to KC on this board for hours a day.  ;D

To make things even MORE interesting... I've noticed with Asian names that they don't seem to use accents on syllables the way Americans do. So the name TANAKA would have equal accent on each syllable. Whereas the American way to say it is TanAka. In Japanese, I believe it would be Tanaka.

This is a job for Higgy. Higgy-san, if what I wrote above makes any sense at all, can you weigh in on that?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:32:57 PM by Matt » Logged
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2016, 03:25:25 PM »

If you remember that dream, that would be fun to hear!

I remember seeing a guy that looked sort of like The Man With No Name having a shootout with a bunch of bandits, while I was doing menial tasks like grooming a horse and emptying a trough. :)

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2016, 03:36:28 PM »

That's great!  You were like "The Skipper" (Alan Hale Jr.)  in Hang 'em High;D

I've never been in a Western for a dream. Maybe I'll get lucky when we get to another Western in the Challenge.  :)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2016, 07:45:50 PM »

I rarely, if ever, remember my dreams. I've never been able to determine why. Is anybody else like me here?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2016, 11:23:48 AM »

AKA, do you remember your dreams at all as soon as you wake up? Usually I do, but I'll forget them just a few minutes later.

Here's another example of a Matt dream. I had this one last night. I was entertained enough by it, to remember telling myself to keep dreaming throughout the dream -- I wanted to see what was going to happen next.

It went like this... I signed up to go to another planet to live. But what I found out when I got there was that the money you brought with you from Earth was all you'd ever have. So everyone was dying, and everyone was trying to find ways to make money on this other planet. I remember going to an Asian Market, which was the spitting image of one I go to here in TN, but it was smaller, and the floor was about 2 inches of mud, so I had mud in my boots as I walked through it, and a Penguin was running around loose. And I petted the Penguin (which was huge -- at least 5 feet tall) and he jumped on me, and someone that worked at the store had to pull him off. And I was inquiring about a job at this Asian market with giant penguins, when the sole employee said there was nothing, but if I followed him, they'd see if they knew anywhere I could go. This then turns into an Alice In Wonderland type thing... he walks through a door, but when I go to follow him, the door turns to a small opening about 15" wide, and I can't follow him. He says he'll be back. And that was the end.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2016, 12:48:04 PM »

AKA, do you remember your dreams at all as soon as you wake up? Usually I do, but I'll forget them just a few minutes later.

No, I don't remember my dreams at all, not even right after waking up. I haven't remembered a dream of mine in years.

Matt, you seem to have very colorful dreams. A psychoanalyst would love having you as a patient!
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2016, 12:57:35 PM »

A psychoanalyst would love having you as a patient!

Or they'd become an alcoholic. One or the other!   ;D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2016, 01:10:03 PM »

If I were to analyze this one, it has to do with the job market, and the economy. The giant penguin represents something that's a wolf in sheep's clothing. The whole thing is rather dire, and there's not a lot of hope.  :(
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2016, 03:19:40 PM »

Giant Penguin like in Billy Madison? ;D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2016, 04:18:13 PM »

Giant Penguin like in Billy Madison? ;D

I was wondering what was familiar about that penguin! It may have been!  ;D

Agent's Ghost

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2016, 08:06:15 PM »

I dream of snowflakes, and gypsies, and burlap sacks full of #3 pencils (which is strange because I only use #2)  ;D
Agent's Ghost

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2016, 08:20:05 PM »

I dream of creamsicles, and hot fudge sundaes.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2016, 08:23:14 PM »

And you accuse me of a being a boozer... ::)

Matt
Agent's Ghost

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2016, 08:25:47 PM »

Nah, I know you only drink when you're watching Paint Your Wagon, even thought it IS the greatest movie ever made!

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2016, 11:29:28 PM »

I dream of being chased, usually by the police and nearly always through dense urban landscapes...
I've been having these recurring dreams since childhood.... I never get caught and I feel like I quite enjoy the thrill of the chase...

There was nether dream about Pamela Anderson.... but we'll eave that one....

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2016, 10:11:08 AM »

Nightmare last night that reminded me of a dream I posted here years ago about a fly -- every time you kill it, it comes back bigger. Well, this one was worse. In this dream, I had three beautiful "movie kid" kids... just gorgeous, big eyes -- pretty wavy, long hair -- like little Francesca Eastwood.  There was a baby boy, and the oldest was the girl, and then a boy just about her age. It was just me and these kids, the mother wasn't around. I think I was just watching them, but they felt like they were my kids. Anyway... the baby is sleeping in his crib, and the little girl wanted to watch a movie. So the three of us are watching this movie, and this is where the horror aspects of it come in (as if me having/watching over all these kids by myself wasn't already a horror film).  The movie becomes reality. What we're watching starts to happen to the sleeping baby.

But, I don't remember the movie, except that it was really bad, and getting worse, and I went to check on the baby, and he was growing into a gremlin like shape. So I turn off the movie thinking it would stop him from turning into a gremlin (yeah, weird, I know).  But, the little girl is possessed -- she needs the movie on. They were somehow working in tandem -- as if the movie was turning him into what his alternate self was supposed to be. So the longer the movie was on, the bigger the gremlin baby got. And then the gremlin baby was like a zombie -- dangerous. Wanting to take us all like zombies do -- and turn us into gremlins. So I had a handgun and I was going to have to shoot the baby. But there was this big thing like... what if he could be cured, somehow? I don't want to kill this baby... but this gremlin has got to die.

Then, this other family with kids arrives. And they're wanting to hang out, but I'm about to shoot this gremlin/baby (who by now is about 5 or 6 feet tall).  But, they're in on it too, I think. Nobody wanted me to kill the baby. And then he went for the older boy and the newly arrived kids. And then there were all these other gremlins. And I kept trying to turn off the movie, because things calmed down when the movie was off. But I still hadn't shot anyone. The movie is now off -- the gremlin baby is sleeping all curled up now in the crib to fit. And then, just as I'm about to shoot the gremlin, the transforms back into the baby.

And then... everything goes back to normal. The kids are normal. The other family is gone. It's just me, and these three kids. And I say to the girl, that movie is staying off -- and we're getting (the [email protected]#k) out of here. So we're packing up to leave the house, and then I noticed all the hair on the walls. Everywhere the gremlin had touched was growing hair. It was like werewolf hair -- really long, and ominous clumps of hair. And then I realized the hairs were growing, and taking over the whole house. And then the hairs starting to form together, and become a monster gremlin -- like a werewolf/gremlin mix. But it was huge. And the baby was a gremlin again, and they were chasing us out of the house. And I remember thinking I should have burned down the house while I had a chance.

And then I'm out of the house with the boy and the girl, and I still have a handgun, and I turn to look back at the house one last time, and the gremlin/baby was in the doorway. And I wanted it to end ... and so I shot him. But when he was shot, he didn't die. He turned back into his normal baby self. So I was able to pick him up. And then... everything went back to normal.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2016, 12:43:54 PM »

Weird! :o
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2016, 12:46:43 PM »

I take meds before going to bed. One of them is for memory -- and I remember almost everything I dream. Usually, they're not this weird.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2016, 01:37:36 PM »

Sorry to start off with an unpleasant dream but I thought it a coincidence that I came across this thread.  I had a dream earlier in the week that was a little bothersome.  I dreamt that I was about to leave to go somewhere, not sure where, maybe work.  I went to say goodbye to my kids which is always accompanied by hugs and kisses.  This time, for some unknown reason, they refused.  As I got into the driversí seat to go, my wife asked me what was wrong.  Crying, I told her I didnít understand why my kids reacted that way.  When I awoke I remember being relieved it didnít really happen, but not thrilled about experiencing that, even in a dream.  Itís always hugs and kisses whenever we leave each other so you can see why this bothered me.  :(

The next day happened to be my baby girlsí birthday and my wifeís mother was in the neighborhood with them and they stopped by where I work for a visit.  I took them out back where thereís a little picnic area for employees, a walking path that goes through the property and a river on the other side.  It was a beautiful day out and a lot of fun spending time with them and playing.  It was something out of the ordinary and made my day.  Iím glad to end on a positive note.   :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 01:41:15 PM by Jed » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2016, 02:54:37 PM »

Where were the uncles?  They didn't show up in the dream -- were they at the party? I never knew anyone who had so much fun with their uncles.

I guess someday that day will come when the kids barely notice you coming or going. Enjoy it while you can.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T