News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »

Poll

What should Clint do next?

Direct another western
3 (18.8%)
Star in another western
3 (18.8%)
Direct and star in another western
4 (25%)
Direct another thriller
1 (6.3%)
Star in another thriller
1 (6.3%)
Direct and star in another thriller
1 (6.3%)
Direct something in the direction of "Bird" i.e. an arthouse film
3 (18.8%)
Retire from movies
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ravenwind's poll: What should Clint do next?  (Read 6010 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 14, 2003, 06:24:22 PM »

Since Ravenwind's poll on what Clint should do next swerved SO off-topic, I'm starting a new poll.  I changed the options slightly, so if you voted before, please vote again in this thread.

Ravenwind, I didn't have enough options to add "Run for Presidency", but if anyone would like to make that choice, don't vote and just post that option in the thread.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2003, 06:30:14 PM by Matt » Logged
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 06:34:14 PM »

good thinking matt!
I voted for "direct and star in another thriller" because I feel he has done his farewell to the western with unforgiven.
Something like Play misty would be nice, like it would get him back to his roots as a director.I would really like to see that

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 08:33:31 PM »

I picked directing something in the direction of Bird. You can tell that Bird was a labor of love for Clint, and nobody was expecting it from him. He really made a terrific movie there.

But even though nobody expected this type of film from Clint, I remember Roger Ebert's REVIEW for Bird where he states:
There is a connection between the Parker of "Bird" and the alcoholic guitar player in "Honkytonk Man." They are both men who use music as a way of insisting they are alive and can feel joy, in the face of the daily depression and dread they draw around themselves.
Even though Bird may have surprised some, it contains themes that exists in his other work.
ajay

man with no name

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 08:08:24 AM »

maybe he can have another child, i mean the show must go on.

rowdyyates
Ravenwind

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 07:13:18 AM »

My second and third options are run for presidency and retire from movies.I guess i dont believe that Clint can achieve much more brilliancy in front of or behind camera.But i am waiting for that last touch.The finishing line.While iam on it,i think i'd like to see a kind of GBU sequel,but thats happening in present time.And since Clint has long ago promised Eli Wallach a role in one of his movies,it would be fair to do it.I'd like to see them play maybe grandsons of Blondie and Tuco or something like that.And they are going at eachother as business rivals.Old and nasty.;)

I've never seen so many men wasted so badly.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 10:46:10 AM »

Wallach has a small role in Mystic River.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 10:53:15 AM »

Direct and have a supporting role in a western.  The western genre has been mostly dead since "Unforgiven"...

Ravenwind

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 02:43:04 PM »

Wallach has a small role in Mystic River
Thank god!Finally Clint fulfilled his promise. :)

I've never seen so many men wasted so badly.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 02:55:51 PM »

Wallach has a small role in Mystic River.

Thats great!  Imagine being on the set seeing those two together...I'd replace their entire wardrobe in their trailers with cowboy gear, secretly film them, and later release "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: Part Deux".  Ok maybe not, but it still would be cool to see them on the same set.  

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 03:01:00 PM »

I get the impression the role is more of a cameo, so don't get your hopes up. It's a nice gesture, nevertheless.
CalGal

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2003, 11:19:41 PM »

As much as I like to see Clint's work (as an actor and/or director) with his body of work, his money, and a young family - I think he should retire.  That is unless he enjoys working to the point where it doesn't feel like work.

I don't think it's funny, you laughing.
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2003, 09:24:42 AM »

Wouldn't it be great if Clint directed and starred in another western? It got my vote just because I think Unforgiven is so good and I think he could do it again. Besides, no one makes westerns anymore, but Clint proved that it could still be done and done well. I guess he'd have to have a similar role as before, so maybe he wouldn't want to do it again. Perhaps he could direct a western though, I'm sure he could do it again. I also REALLY want him to run for President! If only I was an American citizen then I would vote for him in a shot! Same goes for Harrison Ford but Clint is first choice!
Interestingly, Harrison Ford has played the President onscreen before but Clint never has! What does everyone think about Clint playing the President in his next film and also running for President too?
As one of my fave Clint films is Tightrope it would be great if he could do a similar film or maybe even return as Wes Block, older but wiser. Perhaps Clint doesn't want to do sequels though - somebody asked him at the Cannes film festival if he would ever consider being Dirty Harry one last time but Clint said he had moved on! I don't think Dirty Harry should be resurrected either.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 09:25:55 AM by allycat » Logged

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
skippy

cool

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2003, 11:48:24 AM »

I think clint should direct another thriller.
jjgonski

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2003, 06:20:44 PM »

I think Clint should direct another thriller.  Based on the buzz being generated for Mystic River, it seems that Clint is back at the top of his game.  Though I still love seeing Clint in action, when I go to see his new flicks, the audience is mostly comprised of geriatrics.  With the awesome cast assembled for Mystic, it should draw people into the theater that don't need an oxygen tank just to get from the snack bar to their seats.

Just because your standing over me doesn't mean we're gonna be taking long showers together
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2003, 07:21:48 PM »

... when I go to see his new flicks, the audience is mostly comprised of geriatrics ... it should draw people into the theater that don't need an oxygen tank just to get from the snack bar to their seats.

Thats pretty rude, man. I dont think people who are in those type of conidtions can help it.

Most of the time, its from a serious accident, like a car wreck or a job related injury that forced them to retire early. Or perhaps its a war injury.

I dont want to start anything, but you should really learn to respect the elderly. Their just out to enjoy a film, by an actor/director they happen to like.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2003, 07:55:58 PM »

The clock's ticking, kids ... and you, too, are only getting older ...  :o
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2003, 08:07:33 PM »

I'm well aware KC. (I just watched Space Cowboys again today, what a coincidence.  :o)

I've accepted the fact I will get older, I know health problems could be a factor.

But, this has strayed off topic enough, I'd say.  8)
maddog_frenzy

Carpe fidelis

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2003, 09:36:26 PM »

I'm thinking standup comedy. Think about it; with that straight-man look and his cool delivery, one-liners would be a natural for his routine. I'll even help him write his material.

"I bought another handgun yesterday. Big surprise!"

"Speaking of surprises, this year, for father's day, my wife got me what she always does: 5,000 rounds of .44 mag hollow points. Every year I wish beyond hope for a tie!"

"The other day I was strolling around shopping for guns when a lady walked up to me on the street and just stood there staring at me. I said, 'Well, are you going to just stand there, or would you like to put all your clothes back on and get out of my way?'"

Last night my wife says, "Let's go upstairs and fool around, we haven't fooled around in weeks." I said, "You gotta ask yourself: 'Do I feel lucky?'"

You know, that sort of thing.

Has Clint ever done comedy?

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
jjgonski

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2003, 06:30:07 PM »

Not to be harsh Brendan, but it is a fact of the demographics of the audience.  I just wish that the younger generation of today could appreciate Clint as the living legend that he is today rather than "discovering" him 20 years later or so.  I know there are many younger  member posting on the board and I mean no offense.  In fact, I'm glad that you can appreciate Clint the way we all do.  I've been a Clint fan for roughly 25 years and my interest only grows with each year.  I'm just so glad that we have this board to keep our thoughts and interests alive.  

Just because your standing over me doesn't mean we're gonna be taking long showers together
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T