News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Potential Sequel- Dirty Harry: End Game  (Read 75339 times)
rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« on: April 14, 2012, 11:46:42 PM »

Moderator EDIT:  These posts by rr-electriangel were originally posted in the thread, "Are You For Another Dirty Harry". We Mods thought it deserved a thread of its own.

This thread is for those who have developed a movie idea to the point of pitching it to Hollywood. This section of the forum is for the hardcore fans that watch and love Dirty Harry movies the most. This is my "developed" idea for a Dirty Harry Sequel. Hollywood will make another Dirty Harry Movie. It hasn't happened yet because they keep giving Clint Eastwood scripts of Harry Callahan still being a working police officer. They know that a new Dirty Harry movie will only work if either Clint Eastwood is in it or is no longer alive. I wanted Clint to be part of it because he made that character come to life. So...

Should there be another Dirty Harry movie? I definitely would like to see the passing of the torch in a new one ...so Yes. Hollywood did a great job in rebooting the Star Trek series with a new Cpt. Kirk and Spock. So as long as it keeps to the original series in terms of tone I'm all for another Dirty Harry movie. My idea is over 3 years old and I no longer wish to keep it all to myself. At the very least it will get Hollywood thinking about it in a manner that will work. The Dead Pool was a little flat in my opinion and just wasn't the one for Clint to leave the series on. He needs to go down all guns blazing. Of course at 82 how much action could we expect?

Let's hold that thought for a moment and I'll simply begin with a possible title and artwork for this movie idea.

The Title:

DIRTY HARRY

END GAME

The Artwork: There are lots of wonderful drawings of Clint as he looks today. Here is one by Rick Fortson that I liked.

http://rick-kills-pencils.deviantart.com/?offset=25

Since Dirty Harry was a San Francisco Cop I decided to choose the one place where all events in this movie will converge...

Alcatraz is perfect for many reasons. The Enforcer was shot on location there so this movie idea ties to the original Dirty Harry series. Alcatraz is also impenetrable. It's the perfect place to interrogate someone. In this case Dirty Harry. Let me stop there for now and begin explaining the plot...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:36:47 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

Clint Eastwood's words of wisdom: "Take your profession seriously; don't take yourself seriously. Don't take yourself seriously in the process, because you really only matter to a certain degree in the whole circus out here."
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:29:12 PM »

No!  This series is a classic and to me coming out with another Dirty Harry will take away from the greatness of the Dirty Harry series.  Some things are best left alone and this is one of them!
rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 12:50:34 AM »

Before the gut reactions begin let me give away some of the details of this movie idea first.

Cast of characters: End Game

Clint Eastwood- Officer Callahan (now retired)

Hugh Jackman-Young Callahan

Why Hugh Jackman? Lots of discussion over this. I chose Hugh because he fits the role physically and has used similar facial expressions.

He can be cocky.

He can be serious.

He can portray rage.

As well as emotional  loss.

Reni Santori- Chico Gonzalez (Played Harry's partner in first Dirty Harry movie).- Now is in CIA

Why Reni? As Harry's partner in the first Dirty Harry movie he allows for a connection into Harry's past. His presence also allows for closure in the series.

Javier Bardem- Villain (note: Harry's wife was not accidentally killed by a drunk driver but murdered by S.F. Mafia). Bardem's character (Joseph) is a direct descendent of Lou Genero who was the Boss. It was Lou Genero that had initially ordered the hit on Callahan's wife and was able to cover it up with corrupt S.F.P.D. officials involved in the case. Bardem's character is out to avenge his father's death in prison. A death which destroyed the family's position of power. He has also obtained a secret military weapon which he wants to use as a statement against the legal system.

Why Javier? Watch No Country For Old Men and you'll see why he fits this role perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrWHZ8geoCg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUNmu-EQdIU&feature=related

He is also currently the hottest villain in Hollywood. He will be in the next James Bond flick. http://blogamole.tr3s.com/2011/07/11/javier-bardem-confirmed-for-james-bond-sequel/

Other roles not cast yet but needed in this film:

Callahan's wife- will be seen in flashback with Hugh Jackman
Callahan's partner Tom Fanducci- also seen in flashback sequences
Callahan's step-grandaughter Charlotte- visits "Grandpa" at his trailer home.
S.F. Mayor- has to give authority over to CIA due to hostage situation at Alcatraz Island.
Tourists- Almost 5000 visit Alcatraz Island each and every day. 150 will obviously be there when this hostage situation occurs.
Many others: Bus Driver's, Navy Seal's Team, F-18 fighter pilots etc.

In the next post: The basic plot summary (some of which has been hinted at already).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:39:28 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

Clint Eastwood's words of wisdom: "Take your profession seriously; don't take yourself seriously. Don't take yourself seriously in the process, because you really only matter to a certain degree in the whole circus out here."
rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »

Opening Sequence

Lone Sailor Memorial- Dedicated on April 14, 2002 on the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge, this San Francisco statue is representative of sea service members' last view of America's West Coast before reporting for duty at sea. The statue is dedicated to all of the Sea Services - Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and Merchant Marine.

360 Panoramic View
http://360panos.com/NorthCalif/MarinNorthBay/FortBaker/GGBridgeLoneSailor_S.php

Travis Air Force Base: The air base manages most of the cargo and passenger traffic than any other military air bases in the country.  It gives assistance to various humanitarian airlift operations in the country and around the world. Today, Travis Air Force Base has 7000 active USAF military personnel, 4,000 reserve personnel and 3,770 civilians.

A secret military weapon called the XM250 is hijacked from a convoy from Travis Air Force Base the previous night.

Scene 1: Callahan's Trailer home

Harry has long retired from S.F.P.D. In the 1970's, police pensions in California were very generous, allowing Los Angeles police officers to retire after 20 years of service with 70 percent of their last day's salary. But the 1980's ushered in budget-cutting measures due to passage of Proposition 13 and inflation. Police pensions were therefore a political issue in San Francisco and other cities. As Harry reached retirement age (In 1988 he was 58) his pension was a far cry from a lap of luxury. Harry was barely able to survive after his retirement. His dilapidated trailer home was a testament to the politics occurring at the time. His only companion is a dog named Horace (named after his friend Horace King from the Sudden Impact movie in 1983).

Flashback 1

Harry is sitting down in his Laz-Z-Boy with a scrapbook of old photos.  He starts having a flashback about his past.

[As Dirty Harry fans we don't know what Harry was like as a rookie cop. We never saw the metamorphosis of a rookie cop into a jaded seasoned cop. That alone is reason to think about making a classic Dirty Harry film.]

In this flashback we are taken back to 1966 when Harry is a rookie. His job is to move the Queenies out of the Tenderloin District. Instead, Harry causes the Compton's Caferteria Riot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDefl11mCGk

Harry is interupted during this flashback when Claudia and her daughter Charlotte show up at his door. They visit once a week (Saturdays and Sundays). Charlotte is Harry's 10 yr. old step-granddaughter. She likes video games. Her favorite is Iron Man; named after the movie. Harry's big thrill is watching Charlotte's amazement at his ability to kill all the villains in the video game. Charlotte's mother (Claudia) is a single mom and often refers to Harry as "El Asesino de Cucaraches" (the cockroach killer).----This refence will be used in humorous ways throughout the movie.

Harry is a wonderful grandfather. He even reads to Charlotte. If Harry reads a child's book he is sure to have a unique way of interpreting something like Charlotte's Web. This is a story about a pig (no pun intended) saved from slaughter by an intelligent spider. I'm sure Clint Eastwood would love to reinterpret Charlotte's Web from the point of view of Dirty Harry. If Charlotte asked Harry "What happens when we die?" Harry might respond by saying "I’m not sure exactly. Some people think we go to a better place." Clint Eastwood directed a movie about near death experiences called Hereafter with Matt Damon. This is obviously a topic Clint has an opinion on or at least an interest in some context.  

When Charlotte and Harry finish playing her video games for the afternoon she tells Harry goodbye and kisses him on the cheek. As she leaves Harry's trailer home she closes the door and turns around. She immediately looks up at a large man dressed in black.

The camera cuts to Harry who is still sitting on his La-Z-Boy. The door to his trailer home slowly opens. Harry is sitting with his back turned to the door but quickly realizes that it must be an uninvited guest. [Turns head toward the left slightly.]

As he reaches under his chair for his trustworthy .44 Magnum he is pistol whipped to the floor. Harry is taken from his home and tossed into the trunk of a Lincoln Town car. (The Mafia used these types of cars in the 1980's.) Do they still use them? I do not know.

Flashback 2

Harry is unconscious in the trunk of the Mafia car. It is here that he begins to have another flashback. This time it is the story behind his gun. The date is Feb. 16, 1970. This is the same day his friend Brian McDonnel is killed by a pipe bomb at the Richmond Police Department Park Station. This is the last discussion Harry has with him before he is killed later that day.

Historic Note: Brian McDonnell actually existed. Indeed he was killed on Feb. 16, 1970.  Read about it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Police_Department_Park_Station_bombing

This blog actually makes a connection of sorts between The Enforcer movie and The Weather Underground Organization (WUO).

http://gulagbound.com/33836/clint-eastwood-the-enforcer-at-the-republican-national-convention/

There is some debate of whether or not they truly were responsible for the bombing. I make this connection as well in my screenplay but use the Mafia as the fall guy. Here's why...

From Wikipedia:
In 2001 and again in 2009 secret federal grand juries were convened to re-open the Park Precinct cold case in an attempt to again tie WUO members Billy Ayers, Bernadine Dohrn, Howie Machtinger and others to the deadly bombing. Ultimately, it was concluded that members of the Black Liberation Army, whom WUO members affiliated with while underground, were responsible for not only this action but also the bombing of another police precinct in San Francisco as well as bombing the Catholic Church funeral services of the police officer killed in the Park Precinct bombing in the early summer of 1970.

We know why Harry eventually chose the .44 Magnum as his weapon. In The Enforcer, Harry is talking with Inspector Moore and tells her how he had seen a bullet from a .38 bounce off a windshield. (We've also seen how a shotgun has trouble getting through a windshield). No problem with the .44 Magnum of course. I have added the idea that Harry feels his Model 10 revolver is too light and needs greater recoil. This scene takes place at the firing range of S.F.P.D. He mentions to Brian about his decision to become an Inspector and finding a heavier gun to replace his Model 10. Brian then leaves to go on patrol at the Richmond Station where Golden State Park is located.

This .38 is often called a "pocket piece" or "purse gun". With only a 3- or 4-inch barrel and a six-round cylinder, this revolver can fit unobtrusively in a lot of places on your person. A criminal that has no fear may simply view such a gun as somewhat ineffective or at least not enough of a reason to stop their harmful intent. A .44 Magnum does not suffer from that problem.

Harry's enemies respected it. It is definitely an Alpha Male gun no doubt.

Part of this flashback will include another scene (not critical to plot but appealing to a younger generation) which is about Harry's car. In the first Dirty Harry movie it was a 1968 Ford Galaxie 500. In Magnum Force it was a 1972 FORD LTD. In The Enforcer it was a 1974 Plymouth Satellite. In Sudden Impact it was the 1974 Plymouth Satellite once more but some say it was a 1973 Dodge Coronet. In The Dead Pool Dirty Harry was reduced to an Oldsmobile Delta 88. (This is not a cool car for Dirty Harry!) >:(

Dirty Harry    

Capt. Briggs Car                                                Harry's Car
Dirty Harry: Magnum Force
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf8GduOIaKo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQ6K74kkMY&feature=related    

Dirty Harry: The Enforcer     http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xid7jr_the-enforcer-clint-eastwood-car-crash-plymouth-satellite-74-1976_shortfilms

Dirty Harry: Sudden Impact     http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xiug8l_sudden-impact-car-chase-chevy-caprice-71-dodge-coronet-73-1983_shortfilms

Dirty Harry: The Dead Pool     http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xiuizz_the-dead-pool-car-chase-oldsmobile-98-chevy-monte-carlo-1988_shortfilms

At the end of this flashback sequence Hugh Jackman goes back to his 1970 Plymouth Cuda and hears an emergency call on his police radio. An explosion has occurred in the same area his friend Brian was to patrol later that afternoon. His friend is killed by a pipe bomb.

[It might seem unusual for a cop to drive a muscle car but then again Dirty Harry is not your ordinary cop.]

Much better!  O0

End of Scene 1

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:06:24 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 11:33:59 PM »

Scene 2: Alcatraz Incarceration And Interrogation

Boat trip to Alcatraz

Harry is barely conscious at this point but he does get scattered glimpses of where these thugs are taking him. Harry is able to look through a small hole in the burlap sack he is wrapped in. Surprisingly, he is not thrown into the cold water. When the boat docks Harry is wheeled onto the pier of Alcatraz island and placed in a holding cell.

Interactive Alcatraz Map
http://www.virtuar.com/alcatraz/map.htm

On this map boats dock along the right side across from the Ranger Station (a.k.a. Building 64) along the boat dock.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6CjBU12tGU
Harry is put into a prison cell in the Main Cellhouse.

Dirty Harry's imprisonment & interrogation will be symbolic of the way his way of life has isolated and tortured him over the years. This picture of a prison cell at Alcatraz is meant to represent one of the dungeon cells underneath Alcatraz (D block). These cells are dark, wet, and in disrepair. Harry is placed here until Javier Bardem's character arrives to speak with Harry in his cell.

Before Harry gets into his cell he has a quick flashback Harry remembers the day Joseph was sentenced to prison.

Flashback 3

Harry is in court with the biggest smile on his face when the verdict is read. Joseph then states:

JOSEPH
Remember Harry, evil never sleeps.

After Harry gets out of the burlap sack a Mafia member approaches Harry's cell carrying Harry's old .44 Magnum.

Mafia Member: "This gun is for pussies old man."
Harry: "If that's true then you are one of the ugliest pussies I've ever seen."

The Mafia Member takes Harry's gun and forcefully bends the barrel downward. He smiles at Harry and says "Looks more like a limp dick to me." He then tosses Harry's gun into his cell. Joseph is heard laughing in the darkness. A Cuban cigar is lit and he slowly walks into the light. Bardem's character (Joseph Genero) is the psychopathic son of Lou Genero (the mafia boss Harry put in prison in The Dead Pool). He is charismatic and malicious. The dialogue between Harry and Joseph will give us greater insight into Dirty Harry's early career as a cop on the beat long before he was inspector. This is the type of situation where Clint Eastwood is at his best. He will go through a whole range of emotions while being incarcerated. Joseph's intention is to break Dirty Harry's spirit. Joseph knows lots of family secrets. One of which is connected to Harry personally. Some of their dialogue exchanges will have an intense, serious tone to them. For example:

JOSEPH
My father always told me to know my enemy first before taking their life. You see, you were always an enigma to me Harry. How were you able to get my father to protect you when you clearly were in the way?

HARRY
Maybe he was just getting senile.

JOSEPH
Secrets Harry? Fine. I’ll play your game.

HARRY
Look, your father was an @#!hole. You’re an @#!hole. If you want answers you’ll just have to DIG them up yourself.

JOSEPH
Do you think it’s funny my father is dead?

HARRY
Hell no. I’m just relieved.

JOSEPH
I hold you responsible for his death.

HARRY
It wasn’t me that snapped his neck.

JOSEPH
No! But it was you that sent him into that HELL. And that is why I brought you here. This place IS Hell. Oh they may try and cover all the blood stains with a fresh coat of paint but it can not change it’s true purpose.

HARRY
Yeah to get rid of scum like you.

JOSEPH
Well now it’s your turn Harry. You want know what is like to feel real torture?

HARRY
You can cattle prod me all you want I won’t give you $#!t.

JOSEPH
I’m not talking about physical torture Harry. The mind is far more powerful than any physical weapon I could yield.

HARRY
You don’t know anything about me you crazy @#!hole.

JOSEPH
But I do. Far more than you could ever imagine.

During this heated discussion Joseph tosses Harry an old photograph taken the night of his wife's death. Harry looks at it and remembers that night quite vividly.

Flashback 4

Harry not only remembers what his wife was wearing that night (triggered by the photograph) but that the 'accident' occurred right in from of him. In fact, Harry had tried to rush her to the hospital but her injuries were so severe that she died in the car. At the end of this flashback scene the camera will slowly pan away while Harry is screaming from inside the car for someone to help. (The P.O.V. will be from the doorsteps of the hospital).

San Francisco General Hospital

This flashblack will also include a funeral scene.

I know a man like Dirty Harry never shows tears but I think in these two scenes he would. (This is why he becomes rather jaded in his job. Without his wife keeping him grounded he looks at the world as a place where only wrong things happen.)

Even the retired Harry Callahan will show emotional loss in this scene with a couple of tears though a lot of it will be tempered with anger and rage.

Joseph's intention is to use Alcatraz Island as a way to show man's inhumanity to man. One of Harry's final cases as inspector involved getting Joseph put in jail for 20 years. It was one of Harry's greatest achievements because it allowed the Genero family to lose control over organized crime in San Francisco. From Joseph's perspective, Harry has always symbolized extreme justice.

By putting Harry in an Alcatraz prison cell Joseph Genero is simply returning the favor for imprisoning both he and his father.

[What is ironic about Alcatraz is that it is officially a National Park. It's meaning has changed from one of a Federal State Prison into a tourist attraction. In 2009 The Global Peace Foundation proposed to raze the prison and build a peace center in its place. Had "Proposition C" passed all of the history Alcatraz Island represented would have been erased. Of course the alternative isn't much better. Currently there are efforts to renovate Alcatraz and make it more touristy. Why not get a slurpee while you are there! That seems a little crazy to me.] :D

http://www.correctionalnews.com/articles/2012/02/22/renovation-alcatraz-island

(It is this disconnect with history that makes Alcatraz Island so compelling a place. Should the Indian graffiti that covers the walls of the prison be painted over just to make it more appealing to tourists? This in itself makes for some great discussion).

Joseph leaves Harry rather distraught and searching for answers. It gives Joseph great pleasure to watch Harry react to such a shocking revelation about his wife's death. As he leaves he passes by Charlotte's prison cell. She is crying. He does not disturb her. Instead he stands next to the outside wall and simply listens. He smiles as if to enjoy her deep sadness.

End of Scene 2
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:53:29 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »

Scene 3: FBI Head Quarters in Washington D.C.

The FBI learns about Harry's abduction after Claudia reports her daughter missing to the local news. The licence plate on the Lincoln Town car that speeds by Claudia is traced to Louis Genero (Joseph's deceased father). Deputy Director Chico Gonzalez quickly discovers who is involved. He looks at the case file after the FBI Executive Assistant Director member leaves and says:

DEPUTY DIRECTOR GONZALEZ
Harry Callahan. Son of a b*$@h.

The FBI already know that Joseph Genero has ties to military mafia organizations and was capable of ordering the hit on the convoy transporting the XM250.

The Stolen U.S. Military Secret Weapon

The APU (The Armored Personnel Unit) seen below were fictional hydraulic power suits designed for the combat and defense of Zion in the Matrix movies. Its main armament were two 30mm cannons attached to its arms. All motion of the APU is controlled by the operator's hands, including its legs. The U.S. military could feasibly dream up something similar in this day and age which would be used for combat. It probably would not be as massive as the ones use in the Matrix movies but a smaller version might be feasible. It would shoot automatic rounds of bullets and even a heat-seeking guided missile. The "Iron Man" suit is way too sophisticated. Nothing that complicated would be used for this type of movie. The most this weapon needs to do is walk/run and shoot. Sorry Harry...you won't be able to fly. :(

Watch an animation of a APU here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66VcxxxAakk

The Hardiman was one such attempt in the 1960's. It has the right size for a XM250.

http://davidszondy.com/future/robot/hardiman.htm

The closest thing we have to a XM250 is the Raytheon XOS 2 Exoskeleton.  http://www.gizmag.com/raytheon-significantly-progresses-exoskeleton-design/16479/picture/121219/

[Note: I would make the XM250 a suit you can easily get in and out of versus strapping it on the legs etc. Harry would NOT have a helmet and the body chassy would be slightly more high tech. You would see Harry's arms and legs exposed since there is no time to put on a 'uniform.']

This youtube video shows a SARCO Version of a Robotic Exoskeleton which is closer to what I see the XM250 being similar to in most respects...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hkCcoenLW4

Lockheed Martin has also made one called the HULC (a.k.a. Human Universal Load Carrier).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kat8I5UM_Vs&feature=related

In essence, the XM250 would be a combination of both the Raytheon XOS 2 Exoskeleton and the Human Universal Load Carrier (HULC). This powered exoskeleton concept is pretty close to what I envision it looking like. http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/album112/acr

End Of Scene 3
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:33:28 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 10:24:05 PM »

Scene 4: Tourists Taken Hostage

The next day the first boat arrives with tourists.

They are quickly abducted but not before Danny (one of the tourists) sends out a message via Facebook. When Danny is discovered texting on his iphone it is taken. His message/video is read and seen by Jenny (his girlfriend) on Facebook. Jenny calls 911. Other friends of Danny find out about his predicament via Facebook. Some of them contact local and national media outlets.

The tourists are all escorted off the boat. The men are escorted  towards the Officer's Club while the women are taken to the Main Cellhouse. [see map above]

The men are put behind the steel mesh gate in front of the club. The women and children are put in cells.

Joseph is very proud to possess the XM250. He is so excited that he even gives Harry a demonstation of its massive destructive power. Harry is escorted at gunpoint from his cell and taken outside. His hands are securely tied behind his back. First, Joseph picks up a cinder block and throws it in the air as easily as a soda can. He aims and fires at the cinder block while it is still flying through the air. It explodes and only dirt falls back to the ground.  He then fires into some oil drums at a longer distance.

At the very end of this demonstration he points the XM250 toward Harry.

Joseph: "A man with one of these makes the rules. Wouldn't you agree Harry?"
Harry: "Only a dick or dictator would think like that. And you are no dictator."
Joseph: "No Harry. I'm your executioner."

A Falcon Signal horn is then heard. The arrival of the Coast Guard forces Joseph to quickly change his mind about killing Harry. Instead, Joseph utilizes the XM250 to completely destroys their boat and kills everyone on board. One officer on board barely sends out an S.O.S. before being machine-gunned to death by the XM250. The USS Bonhomme Richard and the USS Carl Vinson get word and are quickly called in from San Francisco Bay to help.

Joseph is so angry that the military is aware of his intentions that he points the XM250 at one of the hostages. It is Danny, the 15 year-old high school kid that made the call for help.

Joseph: "So you are the one that brought us all of this attention." Joseph points one of the XM25 rifles from the XM250 at the boy and quickly discharges a round into his skull. As his father screams Joseph cosoles him.

Joseph:"My condolences."
Harry: "You God damn bastard!!"

Joseph:
Sometimes you have to thin the herd. Especially if you step on my playground. Take him back to his cell.

Harry is pushed away by two thugs. The camera cuts to Harry walking away with the two thugs just behind him. He looks forward and says, "I'm gonna kill every one of you cockroaches." The thugs respond by shoving Harry forward toward the Main Cellhouse.

The body of the teenager is dragged away from his weeping father. Joseph looks up at the news helicopter in the sky and remarks.

JOSEPH
Reload the weapon and bring it back to the Dining Hall. The vultures will be coming soon.

A conversation between Special Agent Sanchez and other Gov't officials will occur after the Coast Guard Boat is destroyed. It will be about Harry's possible impact to the case.

GENERAL HILL
Do you think he (Harry) can be of any help?

DEPUTY DIRECTOR GONZALEZ
That depends on what you mean by help. He’s not the kind of person you want to piss off.

GENERAL KESSUP
I doubt he has any desire to interfere with this situation. He’s probably more of a pussycat nowadays.

DEPUTY DIRECTOR GONZALEZ
General. A pussycat doesn’t crap all over your lawn. Harry will. I can guarantee it.

Joseph sends a video message to the FBI Director. The FBI Director decides to order an attack on Alcatraz before allowing Joseph and his men to leave the island.

End of Scene 4
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:05:56 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 12:37:55 AM »

Scene 5: Covert Operations A Go

U.S. Navy Seals are called in to investigate. Using a S301 SDV they transport 8 members close to Alcatraz Island.

They then take their positions on the side of the island closest to the hostages.

An F/A-18 Super Hornet is sent to take out the tower using its 20 mm M61 Vulcan cannon. Here is a video which shows some good angles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgUzbaLJhxo
Imagine that the aircraft carrier in the video is Alcatraz Island as the F/A-18 Super Hornet 'buzzes' by it. View at 1:49-2:00 O0

The surprise attack by the Navy Seals Team does not allow Joseph the time to utilize the XM-250 in time to combat them. A shootout ensues. The Seal Team discovers that only about half of the hostages were kept in the Officer's Club. The rest are tucked away in several cell blocks. Three Navy Seal Team members go inside the Main Cellhouse. One hears a metallic banging "noise" down some dark stairs. While one member successfully finds and gets Harry out of his cell both are ambused coming back up the same stairs. The Navy Seals Team Member gets killed. Harry grabs the Navy Seals M240 machine gun and quickly locates the XM250. While the Main Cellhouse is heavily guarded from the outside only two Mafia soldiers are in close proximity to the XM250. Harry takes advantage of the situation by scaring one away and killing the other Mafia soldier. Harry then carefully slips into the XM250. Just as he clips on the first mechanical arm reinforcements arrive. Harry quickly points one of the massive hydraulic arms and fires off a few rounds from the XM25 rifle. One soldier is blown 40 feet backward into a concrete column. Harry reacts in amazement.

Harry: "God damn!"

End of Scene 5
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:51:58 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 12:46:30 AM »

Scene 6: Escape From Alcatraz

Joseph arrives outside the doorway if the Dining Room and demands Harry to give up. Instead, Harry blasts his way through and takes the XM250 through the center hallway of the Main Cellhouse. Joseph, clearly outgunned decides to retreat outside with Charlotte in tow.

http://www.360cities.net/image/alcatraz-interior-cell-block#15.17,0.57,70.0

With both hydraulic arms extended (both left and right), Harry tells the hostages to get to the back of their lower level cell blocks and face away from the bar doors. Harry then begins to target each door lock and shoots a single round at the door locks with both XM25 rifles.

From Wikipedia:
(The XM25 Counter Defilade Target Engagement (CDTE) System,also known as the Punisher and Individual Semiautomatic Air Burst System is an air burst grenade launcher derived from the XM29 OICW. The XM25 CDTE fires 25 mm grenades that are set to explode in mid-air at or near the target. A laser rangefinder in the weapon is used to determine the distance to the target. The user can manually adjust the detonating distance by up to 10 feet (3.0 m) shorter or longer; the XM25 automatically transmits the detonating distance to the grenade in the firing chamber. The grenade tracks the distance it has traveled by the number of spiral rotations after it is fired, then detonates at the proper distance to produce an air burst effect.)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPa8ihfrPU

Two Navy Seals cover Harry while he is getting the hostages out of their cells. Harry carves a hole into the exterior wall allowing the hostages to escape outside. They are guided by the Navy Seals toward several life rafts which have been inflated next to the island. Harry leaves the hostages with the 2 Navy Seals and continues to search for Charlotte in the direction of the fire fight. Harry spots Joseph and targets him but Charlotte is being used as a human shield.

Joseph and Charlotte reach the Warden's House. Harry is not running but instead walking towards them. Joseph is screaming at Harry to back off if he wants to save Charlotte's life. Instead, Harry points the XM25 rifle towards Joseph. Here is some of the dialogue:

Joseph: "Back off Callahan!!... or I guarantee you a wound so deep you'll wish I had killed you when you were on your knees."
Harry: "I'm just practicing my right to stand my ground and make a citizen's arrest. Of course, at my age I no longer have to give a f@#k about an @#!hole like you."
Joseph: "And nothing will give me greater pleasure than to watch her die."
Harry: "That's just from your point of view."
Joseph: "And that's all that matters right now."
Harry: "No. You don't matter to me anymore."

A Navy Seals Team member then takes aim at Joseph. Joseph sees the shooters red dot moving on his chest and quickly turns and fires toward the Navy Seals Team member then ducks behind a wall with an open window. Leaving Charlotte inside the Warden's House he repositions himself as Harry walks up to the south wall.

End of Scene 6
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:57:33 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 01:14:09 AM »

Not too bad. CE could make it work. But the presence of CE would have to be a substantial element of the film, not just a fragment of it.

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 02:40:12 AM »

Yes... CE will still have a starring role in this movie. Hugh's presence is needed strictly for the flashback sequences. I also want to mention that there is definitely some CGI in respect to the XM250 sequences but it only the last 25 minutes of the movie idea. A lot of this movie will be of Clint Eastwood talking to Joseph during his incarceration. The flashbacks (with Hugh Jackman) will need to be several minutes long each. They will need to be long enough to explain who Harry was before his wife was killed and how it transformed him into the Dirty Harry we all know and love. That is something 'we' fans never have seen in any Dirty Harry movie. The human side of Harry will give another dimension to Harry and shows us why he thinks and acts the way he does when it comes to criminals.

Scene 7: Shock And Awe

The next scene begins with Joseph having to leave Charlotte behind in order to lure Harry into the Warden's House. Harry looks though the window and sees Charlotte on her knees next to the wall. Harry yells out to her and asks her if she is alright. Joseph rushes from behind the wall and jumps on Harry's back. As they struggle several rounds of ammunition fire from the XM250 and rip into the lighthouse. Harry tries to turn and rotate toward Joseph but Harry is grabbed around the neck. Harry yells to Charlotte to get out of there as fast as she can. Charlotte gets up and begins running north toward the direction of the Water Tower. Just as she reaches the outside wall of the Warden's House a Navy Seals Team Member quickly scoops her up. Joseph starts smashing the buttons on the left arm of the XM250 with the butt of his empty Soviet AK-47. The Javelin shoulder-held fire -and-forget heat seeking missile fires accidentally and heads towards the Powerhouse and Charlotte. The missile misses her and all of the surrounding buildings. As it accelerates past the island it begins to turn....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yc9KgIa_0M O0 BOOM!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqUb23XCTCY

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/27/report-20000-heat-seeking-missiles-may-be-missing-from-libyan-warehouse/

The struggle between Harry and Joseph forces Harry to walk the XM250 backward. Suddenly, the guardrail next to the cliff gives way and both Joseph and Dirty Harry fall down the embankment into the scrub bush end over end. Joseph is thrown clear but injures his leg during the fall after one of the XM250's legs partially lands on him. Harry winds up on his back and has no way of getting the XM250 up. The legs are non responsive and the rifles are jammed. Joseph limps toward Harry. He pulls out a knife and tries to thrust it into Harry's chest. Harry uses the left arm of the XM250 to grab Joseph's wrist. As the knife falls out of Joseph's hand he growls at Harry,

Joseph: "You can't escape your past Harry! You are a targeted man!"  

Harry grabs Joseph near his chest.

Harry: "Not any more. Now the target is on your ass."

A loud sound is heard roaring toward Alcatraz. Using the XM250's powerful hydraulic right arm, Harry hurls Joseph over 40 feet up and left toward the embankment. A missile comes right towards them and immediately goes for Joseph head on. The missile penetrates deep into the hillside and the explosion lifts the lighthouse off of its foundation.

The lighthouse cracks as it falls over into the Warden's House.

End of Scene 7
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:49:19 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 12:55:45 AM »

Scene 8: Aftermath

The End? Good question. There are two possible endings here. Since my movie pitch/screenplay has been accepted as of October 3, 2012 I have to leave it open to attract interest to it. I will therefore leave it up to you to decide which way it should go.  :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:22:08 AM by rr-electricangel » Logged

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 10:28:12 PM »

As the credits roll I would have Harry's badge in the background as a way of closing the series and tying into the first movie.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 02:50:34 AM by rr-electricangel » Logged

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 01:40:19 AM »

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:58:33 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 08:54:08 PM »

This movie idea was Express mailed to Clint Eastwood yesterday for his 82nd birthday. If he takes the time to read it I'm sure it will at the very least bring a smile to his face. The letter cover sheet I wrote on page 1 read as follows...

Dear Mr. Eastwood,
     It is an honor to be writing you. You have created some of the most memorable characters in Cinema. My favorite was Dirty Harry. While you have thought it impossible or foolish to indulge in a final gunfight for this character I would like to present you with one possible movie idea that allows for a successful conclusion to the story of Dirty Harry. At the same time it allows for a whole new generation to get to know this character all over again. I believe this to be the best way to “pass the torch” without compromising the integrity of the series. Before I begin please let me wish you a Happy Birthday.
     Read this movie idea for the sake of creativity. It is NOT meant as a joke or a birthday gag in any manner. Sometimes, you have to think foolishly in order for life to be interesting. Otherwise, life is just too predictable and mundane. Enjoy…
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:03:48 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 01:41:41 AM »

Well done rr-electricangel.   O0

I sincerely hope you receive a reply.  Even just a thanks, but no thanks from Clint would be great.  Here's hoping it gets past his staff in Malpaso and he sees the enormous amount of work you have put into this project. 
rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 05:02:53 PM »

Thanks Lin. It was great to finally put that idea out there for everyone to enjoy. As far as I know it was delivered according to USPS. I did put a requirement on the package that allows only Clint to receive and open it. If it gets to him Great. He is extremely busy at the moment. He's currently shooting Trouble With The Curve. That movie will most likely come out in September of this year. I'll cross my fingers...

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 11:26:29 PM »

I have begun to write the script for Dirty Harry: End Game. I'm using both The Unforgiven and Gran Torino as role models for a good script. It will probably take me throughout the summer to complete it since a 120 minute movie requires at least 120 pages of script. I haven't been able to locate any Dirty Harry scripts yet. If anyone knows where I can get view one as a pdf or as a Word document please PM me. I would greatly appreciate it. The movie idea I have already proposed above will change over time. I'll try to keep it updated the best I can. When I do finish the final script only Clint Eastwood Forum members with at least 50 posts will be allowed to view it. Till then...  :-X
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:13:58 PM by rr-electricangel » Logged

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 06:37:22 AM »

You might be able to find copies of the scripts for the series by searching Bookfinder.com or eBay. I found a copy of the Fink/Riesner script for Dirty Harry for seventy bucks (which I think is pretty pricey, for a photocopied typescript).

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?title=dirty+harry+script&lang=en&st=xl&ac=qr

Or try WorldCat.org for libraries that hold them—don't know how likely it is that they would be available through interlibrary loan, however.

http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=dirty+harry+script
rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 11:14:39 PM »

Thanks KC. I'll do just that.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:19:24 AM by rr-electricangel » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T