News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Change of Administrators  (Read 2624 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 03, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »

After sixteen years, Cal Anderson has announced that he's stepping down as Administrator of this site. In an e-mail to the Web Board moderators on November 29, he said:

I wanted to let you all know that beginning in the next few days, due to lack of time and many other commitments, I will no longer be running the Clint Eastwood website and discussion board that I originally created back in 1996. It's been a wonderful experience but it's time for me to step aside and move on.

On a positive note, another person (Richard Jordan) will be taking it over and has plans to keep it going and update it much more than I have been able to. I wish I had the time and desire to do more with the site, but I am a full-time webmaster for a busy college which eats up just about every online minute of my day. The Eastwood site deserves much more time dedicated to it than I have been able to provide it.

So, I think in the long run, this will be a good thing and hopefully the new owner will not only keep it running, but will make it all that it can and should be for present and future visitors. He has no plans to shut anything down so things should continue much like they have been. 

Cal asked us Moderators to take care of making the announcement here on the Board. We've been in touch with Richard, and he's promised to introduce himself very soon. We are all agreed that he seems like a very good choice to take on this job. He plans to update the main site, which Cal hasn't been able to do for a few years now, and we're looking forward to once again being not only the best but the most up-to-date Clint Eastwood fan site around.

We all owe Cal a very big round of applause for all the time, trouble and expense he has put into the site and the Web Board since 1996. And a very hearty Welcome to Richard, our new Administrator!
Richard
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »

Hi all!

Thanks for the welcome KC.  I am excited to be the new admin.  Hopefully, other than updates to the website, no one will even notice a change.  I think Cal has done an incredible job.  I am located in the Florida, USA.  If anyone is interested in helping make updates or has specific corrections, please send me a message.  I am open to feedback on making the discussion board / website better than ever.

Richard
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »

Welcome as the new site administrator, Richard!
Richard
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:09:37 AM »

Thanks Christopher!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 02:39:06 AM »

I just noticed that the Filmography section has been updated on the old school archive.

http://www.clinteastwood.net/filmography/

Great job, Richard. 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 06:48:44 AM »

Yeah!! Way to go Richard. Thank you so much for bringing us so up to date.  :smitten:
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 07:45:07 AM »

Agreed, thanks, Richard!  :coolsmiley:
Richard
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »

I am working on bring all up to date.  Thanks for the support!
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 11:03:13 AM »

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for taking on the role of adminstrator.  I would be pretty upset if this site no longer existed.  As it is a great place for me to de-stress and relax espicially if I had a long stressful day at work.  Plus I get to discuss and learn more things about my favorite actor.  Everybody on here is great.  So I appreciate you taking on this role.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T