News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ignore List: Why Can't I See Someone's Posts?  (Read 1103 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 03, 2013, 07:07:43 PM »

We recently had a case on the Board where one member was unable to read another member's posts. He could see that the member had posted, but there wouldn't be anything there. Eventually, he discovered that he could read the posts when he was NOT logged in—they only vanished for him when he was logged in.

If this happens to you: Check your Ignore List. You'll find it by going to your profile page and hovering your mouse over "Modify Profile" in the menu above your profile summary. Click the last item on the dropdown menu, "Buddies/Ignore List":

I can't see any way to put someone on your Ignore List except to go to this page and add the username manually. However, the member I mentioned above had somehow gotten another member on the list without meaning (or wanting) to. Once he removed the name from the list, he was able to read his posts normally again.

Of course, if you really DO want to ignore another member's posts ... now you know how to do it.  ;)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »

I'm kinda baffled as to why we have this option on the board. ???

I can understand if you don't like someone and don't want to read a long boring post from them but how the heck can you follow a thread if every so often there is a post that is blank?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »

I'm kinda baffled as to why we have this option on the board. ???

I can understand if you don't like someone and don't want to read a long boring post from them but how the heck can you follow a thread if every so often there is a post that is blank?
That crossed my mind too.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 10:53:44 PM »

I post on a baseball fan forum where there's a lot more activity than here, and believe me, the Ignore option comes in very handy for a lot of the members there, especially when the Mods aren't able to keep up with the task of deleting offensive, obviously "trolling,"  or simply inappropriate posts.

Nevertheless, I can't say I've ever used it ... just too curious, I guess.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T