News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tapatalk support?  (Read 2423 times)
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:31:43 AM »

Do you use a tablet or smartphone?
Have you ever tried accessing the board on any of your devices?

Activating the Tapatalk app on the forum would I believe make it easier for current and prospective members to access the board with their mobile or tablet, especially considering that a lot of people are now equipped with at least one of these devices. Activation is completely free by the way.

Tapatalk is a mobile app built specifically for forum access. Different from mobile skin or mobile version that comes with the forum system, Tapatalk allows user to have a unified interface to access multiple forums at the same time. With million of Tapatalk users, your forum can be discovered by potential new members through Tapatalk Network and our ranking and recommendation system.

-> FAQ
-> Activation instructions for SMF system

I for one, have tried accessing the forum on my phone and tablet before but gave up pretty quickly because it was too much of a drag.

Would it be possible to activate Tapatalk on the CEWB?  :)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for himů" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Richard
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:41:45 AM »

Yes!  Good idea!  O0
Richard
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:57:17 AM »

Tapatalk has been installed! 

Could you test and confirm it works for you?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 04:18:35 PM »

I can never access the board on my IPHONE 4. It always says "Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred." Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can fix it?
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:32:34 AM »

Tapatalk has been installed! 

Could you test and confirm it works for you?
Oh thank you Richard!  8)

OK so I tested this on my tablet first: the CEWB does appear in the list of forums  O0 so I click on the board's icon and it says "connect to server" but then it loads forever...  :-\

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for himů" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

Richard
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 05:15:18 AM »

@Americanbeauty: What device are you on and what app are you using?
I tried last night to test and could not get it to work either.  I received a different error on my iPad.  I was using the Tapatalk HD app.
I will see about debugging it.

@AKA23: The site loads fine on my Safari iPad?  Can anyone else confirm an issue with iPhone 4 / Safari?
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:39:17 AM »

@Americanbeauty: What device are you on and what app are you using?
I tried last night to test and could not get it to work either.  I received a different error on my iPad.  I was using the Tapatalk HD app.
I will see about debugging it.
I have a Nexus 7 tablet and I'm using Tapatalk HD as well.

Richard
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 12:51:36 PM »

Try now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 01:14:45 PM »

Try now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yay! It works! 8) Thank you SO much, Richard!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 11:07:11 PM »

I'll just leave this here because I have no time to try and find the right thread.

Does anyone use Tapatalk? I'm using it sometimes to see what's up here. I've put all my email notifications off but still I get an email every time someone posts in a thread that I have also posted in/ a thread that is very 'alive'.
What to do?

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 11:09:21 PM »

Oh man, that sucks. Well, I don't know, but I will move your post to the Tapatalk thread as soon as I locate it. Hopefully someone can help you.

(Sorry, most of those notifications are probably from me. I can be a bit over-talkative at times. :-[ )
Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"I ain't like that anymore, kid."

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 01:36:25 PM »

I'll just leave this here because I have no time to try and find the right thread.

Does anyone use Tapatalk? I'm using it sometimes to see what's up here. I've put all my email notifications off but still I get an email every time someone posts in a thread that I have also posted in/ a thread that is very 'alive'.
What to do?

I use it frequently.  I think in order for you to stop receiving Tapatalk notifications you have to log off.  I think, and I could be wrong, that even if you're not logged on to the CE Forum here but still logged on to Tapatalk, that you will still receive notices on CE Forum postings and messages.  Hope this helps.

"That don't mean I'm gonna go back to bein' the way I was."
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 01:52:13 AM »

I use it frequently.  I think in order for you to stop receiving Tapatalk notifications you have to log off.  I think, and I could be wrong, that even if you're not logged on to the CE Forum here but still logged on to Tapatalk, that you will still receive notices on CE Forum postings and messages.  Hope this helps.

I never realized my question was moved and didn't find it anymore. I just now found this thread. Thank you for the hint, I'll try this. It was a nightmare during a movie night, having several dozens of unread e-mails after it. ;D

And no worries, Matt, it's good that someone keeps up the buzz.

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T