News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account setup.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behind the scenes photos of the making of Escape from Alcatraz  (Read 1109 times)
brazil

View Profile Email
« on: February 17, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »

Hi

I am brand new to the list. Good to be here.
I have been a volunteer on Alcatraz for over 15 years where I take visitors on docent tours. I also create training films and document oral histories of former inmates, correctional officers and residents. Recently I have been tasked with producing a training film focusing on the making of Don Siegel's  Escape from Alcatraz. It includes background stories  and footage indicating where various shots were taken.
I am looking for behind-the-scenes photographs (crew shots, actors on break, etc) from Escape from Alcatraz. Does anyone have any pointers that may help? I am unable to find any information via Malppsa This is a non-commercial film for Alcatraz Island NPS. TIA - Tim
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »

Hi, brazil, and welcome to the Eastwood Web Board.

I've moved your post here to Questions & Answers, in the hope that someone might be able to answer your question. I've just looked through the Paramount presskit for Escape from Alcatraz, but there are no behind-the-scenes shots there.

We do have a number of serious Eastwood collectors who post here, so maybe one of them will have something for you.

I know I've seen a shot of Clint (out of character) exploring the prison, but I can't remember where, probably in one of the numerous picture books I have. It's not in Don Siegel's memoir A Siegel Film ... there is one behind-the-scenes shot, but it's just Clint and Don Siegel standing in a cell block, probably not too interesting for your purpose.

Good luck!
brazil

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:20:36 PM »

Hi KC

Thanks for moving my question to the right place.. I already found the photos from Don Siegel's book. Like you said, I'm hoping to find regular photo images. I have some photos that I took in 1979 right after filming (eg. white-washed Indian graffiti , fresh yellow lines painted on Broadway in the cellhouse) but I'd really like to get some informal set shots. I know that Clint had an exercise  pool down on the dock. I also know that Don Siegel hit a few golf balls down Broadway. If someone had photos of that it would be a goldmine.  However, I'll take anything. :)

Thanks again. - Tim
davytriumph
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 05:44:19 AM »

From 2 years ago - http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=8750.0

These are the only ones that I can find at present.  Hope they are of some use.

This one below, is not a direct scene from the film, I think its a between shots still

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:20:04 AM by davytriumph » Logged

"Theres three dollars, including the tip"
brazil

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:26:31 AM »

Hi davytriumph

Thanks a lot for investigating this and posting the pictures. I had discovered a few of these after posting my question. I will certainly use them. If you ever come over to Alcatraz please look me up and I'll take you on a Escape from Alcatraz tour. :)

Best Regards
Tim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T