News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jersey Boys: Production Information and News  (Read 86845 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2013, 06:51:52 PM »

Palooka, are you going to be in this one? :)
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »

Palooka, are you going to be in this one? :)

I really hope so. 

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2013, 10:42:55 PM »

This is certainly a surprise but it's a welcome one for me. I like Christopher Walken!

Director Clint Eastwood has set Christopher Walken to star in Jersey Boys, the Warner Bros and GK Films feature adaptation of the hit stage musical. Walken will play the role of Angelo “Gyp” DeCarlo, the Jersey mobster who, in the show, served an unofficial consigliere role to the young singers as they tried to build their careers without falling into the grip of organized crime.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/christopher-walken-play-mobster-gyp-decarlo-clint-eastwood-234016031.html
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2013, 07:34:30 PM »

We Mods thought it was time to change the topic title, since this looks like it is really going to start production soon.  8)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:36:55 PM by KC » Logged
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2013, 04:22:34 AM »

This is certainly a surprise but it's a welcome one for me. I like Christopher Walken!

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/christopher-walken-play-mobster-gyp-decarlo-clint-eastwood-234016031.html

I hope he gets to do a lot of dancing.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2013, 03:14:50 PM »

The articles still don't have Eastwood listed as a producer. The only one that does is "Variety," so if he is not producing this film, I wonder why not. If this film starts shooting in mid-September, it will be next to impossible for Eastwood to release this project this year, so we are likely looking at a 2014 release. Eastwood's last directorial effort was "J.Edgar" in 2011. That's a long time to wait for Eastwood and his fans.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2013, 06:53:54 PM »

" Jeremy Luke, Joey Russo Join Clint Eastwood's 'Jersey Boys' (Exclusive) "

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jeremy-luke-joey-russo-join-598853

Jeremy Luke and Joey Russo have been cast in Jersey Boys, the film adaptation of the hit Broadway musical, which will be helmed by Clint Eastwood.

" Donnie Kehr, Jeremy Luke and Joey Russo Join Cast of Clint Eastwood's Jersey Boys Film "

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/180801-Donnie-Kehr-Jeremy-Luke-and-Joey-Russo-Join-Cast-of-Clint-Eastwoods-Jersey-Boys-Film

Donnie Kehr, who originated the role of Norm Waxman in the Broadway production of Jersey Boys, will recreate his performance in Clint Eastwood's film adaptation of the Tony Award-winning musical.

In addition to Kehr, the Hollywood Reporter states that Jeremy Luke ("Don John," "Lost Angels") will play loan shark Donnie, with Joey Russo ("Turbo and Joey," "It's You Not Me") cast as Joe Pesci.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
iconfan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2013, 06:54:06 AM »

Looking forward to seeing new behind the scenes pics of the man as he films this
Tough to find this kind of news anymore though with the mainstream media being obsessed with the lesser celebs ( my opinion) who seem to hog the front pages of the rags and magazines of the news stands every week
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2013, 07:46:32 PM »

" Erich Bergen Cast As Bob Gaudio In Clint Eastwood’s ‘Jersey Boys’; Two More Join Cast "

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/clint-eastwoods-jersey-boys-casts-johnny-cannizzaro-and-mike-doyle/

UPDATE: The Jersey Boys movie has cast its Bob Gaudio. And they’ve plucked him right off the stage. Erich Bergen will reprise his role of the Four Seasons singer in the film after playing Gaudio in the Tony-winning Broadway show’s first national tour and onstage in LA and Las Vegas. The real Gaudio has a music credit on the film and in real life also wrote songs for Neil Diamond, Nancy Sinatra, Diana Ross, and Michael Jackson. Bergen makes his feature debut this Fall in How Sweet It Is with Paul Sorvino and Erika Christensen. His TV credits include appearances on Gossip Girl, Person Of Interest, Desperate Housewives, Franklin & Bash, and the CW pilot Joey Dakota. Onstage Bergen recently starred as Billy Crocker in the National Tour of Roundabout Theatre Company’s Anything Goes, and appeared in Hero at the Marriott Lincolnshire and Rudi Gernreich in the LA premiere of The Temperamentals. He’s repped by Don Buchwald & Associates and Persona Management.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/180959-Mike-Doyle-and-Johnny-Cannizzaro-Join-Clint-Eastwoods-Jersey-Boys-Film

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Lucky Punk

Email
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2013, 09:16:58 AM »

I'm beginning to get excited about this project.

I like Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons music but I know very little about their rise to fame ( I'm a 60s child so love The Beatles and the whole era of music ).

I like the fact that he is casting many of the stage performers and love the addition of Christopher Walken. My only concern is Clint's feel for the music (he is on record as not enjoying rock and roll) but he did such a beautiful job of Bird I hope he finds a way into the Pop stylings of the Four Seasons, I love their harmonies and rate Valli as one of 60s pop's greatest voices.

This seems like a lovely change of "tone" in Clint's work and think it proves how much the guy is up for a challenge.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2013, 09:13:10 PM »

" Choreographer Sergio Trujillo Will Repeat His Work for Jersey Boys Film "

By Adam Hetrick and Andrew Gans

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/181172-Choreographer-Sergio-Trujillo-Will-Repeat-His-Work-for-Jersey-Boys-Film

Drama Desk Award nominee Sergio Trujillo, who choreographed the international hit musical Jersey Boys, will repeat his work for the upcoming Clint Eastwood-helmed film adaptation.

The musical opened at the August Wilson Theatre on Broadway to critical acclaim Nov. 6, 2005. Trujillo's numerous stage credits also include Memphis, Next to Normal, Hands on a Hardbody, The Addams Family and Flashdance.

The film will begin shooting late this summer in Los Angeles. Graham King ("Argo") and Robert Lorenz ("Million Dollar Baby") are producing.

Tony Award-winning playwright John Logan (Red, I'll Eat You Last) has penned the screenplay based on the original Broadway script written by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, who earned Tony Award nominations for their work.

Sound very nice, for the production of " Jersey Boys "  8)

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2013, 02:12:46 PM »

'Jersey Boys' Broadway Actress to Reprise Role in Movie

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jersey-boys-broadway-actress-reprise-615098

Clint Eastwood is directing the Warner Bros. adaptation of the Tony-winning musical.
Erica Piccininni is going back to Jersey.
Piccininni, who starred in Jersey Boys' original Broadway production, will reprise her role in the Warner Bros. film version of the Tony-winning musical being directed by Clint Eastwood.
Jersey Boys chronicles the rise and fall of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. As one of the best-selling musical groups of all time, the band was known for hits "Big Girls Don't Cry," "Grease" and "Can't Take My Eyes Off You."

Piccininni will play Lorraine, an attractive Detroit reporter who meets Frankie (John Lloyd Young) for an interview and begins a sizzling affair with him.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2013, 01:59:25 AM »

Apparently filming started yesterday :)

Source: http://instagram.com/p/diQTjxzUBo/ 8)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2013, 04:26:14 AM »

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2013, 08:50:37 AM »

Apparently filming started yesterday :)

Source: http://instagram.com/p/diQTjxzUBo/ 8)
Cool, didn't know she was going to be involved in some way. And it's also nice to know they've started filming it too, of course!
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2013, 10:27:16 PM »

Good news that he back at work  :)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2013, 01:05:45 AM »

I wonder if Palooka has shot his scenes yet?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2013, 01:27:48 PM »

I wonder if Palooka has shot his scenes yet?
I was just thinking the same thing.  O0
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »

I've been so busy I've not pursued this one.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2013, 05:25:57 AM »

I've been so busy I've not pursued this one.

Awww.

Still I suppose you do have another life don't you?   ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T