News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] Go Down Print
Author Topic: little_bill's Golf Thread  (Read 194118 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1000 on: February 10, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

Practically a carbon copy of last weeks round I'm afraid. Driving was good, hit some good irons and fairway woods but inside 70 metres was the downfall once again. Putting again was a let down. Two 3 putts and again too many makeable putts that never looked like going in.

Just disappointing all around and becoming more frustrating as this year I was hoping for a huge turnaround after my form from the last three years but after two games this year, it's the same old garbage.

Hole:               1         2         3        4       5        6         7         8         9        10        11       12        13        14        15        16        17        18

Par:                 4         4         5        3      4        3        5           4         4         4          4         3           5          3           4         4           3          4      =   70

Score:            5         5         7        3       6       4         8           4         6         5          5         5          5           4           5         5           5          5      =  92             

Pts:                 2         2         -         3       1       2         -           3         1         2           2         1          2           2           2         2          1           2      =  30                               

Putts:              2         1        1         1       2       2         2          1         3         1           2         2          2           2           2         2           3          2      =  33             

F/H:                  9 /13

GIR's:               1 /13

Par 3 GIR's:     0 /5

Putts:              33

3 Putts:            2

3 Pars, 9 Bogeys, 5  Double Bogeys, 1 Triple Bogey.

Par  70 ( Score  92  - 16 Handicap  = 76 )  ( 6 over  )

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1001 on: February 10, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »

Don't lose hope, SK! At least you're outside enjoying the great outdoors ... I'm sure your game will turn around soon. :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1002 on: April 10, 2013, 11:19:04 PM »

It's the 8th birthday of little_bill's golf thread and that means it's US Masters time once again. Only four Aussies in the field, Tiger back at number 1 in the world. It promises to be another exciting week. Unfortunately I won't be able to see any of the action until next week on tape so my usual daily wrap up on each day's play will be missing until then.

Ted Potter Jnr won the par 3 contest today in a playoff from Matt Kuchar and Phil Mickelson. I don't think Matt and Phil will be too disappointed. No player has won the par 3 contest and the Green Jacket in the same year ever.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1003 on: April 21, 2013, 10:34:02 PM »

History was made last week when for the first time in 79 years an Australian won the U.S Masters Golf Tournament. So close so many times, only two years ago it looked like either Adam Scott or Jason Day would break the drought but South African Charl Schwartel finished with four straight birdies to deny the Aussies.

Not this year though. There were only four Aussies in the field and all four played brilliant golf. Mark Leishman was the first round leader and was still a chance on Sunday. Jason Day had a two shot lead late on Saturday before two straight bogies to end the day brought him back to the field. John Senden was going along nicely before fading but still finished in the top 15. It was Adam Scott who just plugged away each day shooting around 2-3 under each day that in the end was enough to finish in a tie with 2009 Masters Champion Angel Cabrera at 9 under.

It was on the second playoff hole that Scott sunk his putt for birdie to claim the green jacket.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:31:01 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1004 on: April 21, 2013, 11:11:39 PM »

Congrats to Adam Scott! 8)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T