News: In theaters December 14: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Sniper: Production Information and News (Includes Box Office News)  (Read 40276 times)
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2014, 09:47:32 PM »

Trailer sure does look good...now my only wish is that it makes it`s way to Finnish screens too...but I guess Bradley Cooper is big enough star to make it happen if Eastwood`s name and an experience as director is not enough  ???

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2179136/releaseinfo

A release date for Finland isn't available yet. However, it's debut in Finland should be around the time when it screens in Denmark, 29-January-2015.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2014, 05:22:21 AM »

The trailer is here!

http://deadline.com/2014/10/american-sniper-trailer-clint-eastwood-bradley-cooper-845186/

For some reason, it's not coming up for me.  I looked it up on IMDB, so not sure it's the same but probably is. Since we live so close to a National Cinemas, I try to see a movie Christmas Day.  Sort of a tradition.  This year, I'll see if I can get a family member interested in this one.  It definitely looks worth the effort.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2014, 11:34:10 AM »

Powerful trailer..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2014, 01:20:20 PM »

I think this is a very effective trailer. It's one of the best I've seen for an Eastwood film. It grips you immediately, pulls you in, and entices you to want to learn more, which is exactly what a trailer is supposed to do.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2014, 03:12:49 PM »

Very effective Trailer agreed. Let's hope the movie is half as good. I've been down on his choice of films the past few years.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2014, 04:48:30 PM »

That is a rather chilling, suspenseful trailer.
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2014, 09:36:43 AM »

Trailer made me nervous just watching it!  Very effective.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2014, 12:32:53 PM »

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2014, 01:17:13 PM »

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 01:18:20 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged
exit00

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2014, 06:59:27 AM »

Bradley Cooper is on Jimmy Fallon/The Tonight Show tonight.  Hopefully he will talk a lot about the movie and will show a scene that we haven't seen yet.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2014, 10:51:51 AM »

I doubt Bradley Cooper will be talking much about "American Sniper." It's way too early to be doing promotion for that. He won't be showing any clips. He was probably on the show to talk about something else.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2014, 12:12:25 PM »

Apparently, they played egg Russian roulette.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/1416
exit00

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2014, 03:18:10 PM »

Apparently, they played egg Russian roulette.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/1416

Yeah, it was most disappointing.  Can't believe Fallon didn't ask him about the movie and show a clip.  Geez....
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2014, 04:07:47 PM »

Yeah, it was most disappointing.  Can't believe Fallon didn't ask him about the movie and show a clip.  Geez....

I know some young people like him but I honestly really dislike Jimmy Fallon as a comedian. I don't think he's funny at all. He was a really bad replacement for Jay Leno in my opinion. 
exit00

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2014, 07:31:50 AM »

I know some young people like him but I honestly really dislike Jimmy Fallon as a comedian. I don't think he's funny at all. He was a really bad replacement for Jay Leno in my opinion. 

AKA23 - I agree with you 100%.  He's not funny much and a terrible interviewer.  At minimum Fallon should of at least asked a question about Cooper doing the movie with Eastwood.  I guess I was prematurely excited from the trailer  :)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2014, 11:20:23 AM »

I tuned in just in time to catch Bradley Cooper appear on Jimmy Fallon's show.  They got silly and it was amusing but I was disappointed they didn't mention American Sniper and show a clip.  At least, I didn't know that until I read the last few posts here.  When they broke for commercial, I fell asleep.  I guess I didn't miss much.  Fallon's comedy is understated and okay but I agree that he wasn't a great replacement.  Maybe he'll improve over time.  It's too bad it didn't work out with Conan O'Brien.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2014, 11:32:20 AM »

I tuned in just in time to catch Bradley Cooper appear on Jimmy Fallon's show.  They got silly and it was amusing but I was disappointed they didn't mention American Sniper and show a clip.  At least, I didn't know that until I read the last few posts here.  When they broke for commercial, I fell asleep.  I guess I didn't miss much.  Fallon's comedy is understated and okay but I agree that he wasn't a great replacement.  Maybe he'll improve over time.  It's too bad it didn't work out with Conan O'Brien.

I watched it just in case they mentioned something about "American Sniper" but they didn't. When Jay Leno interviewed people, it was about the guest. You really learned about what the guest was doing, and they got to talk a lot about their recent projects. With Fallon, the guest is almost an afterthought. For example, in addition to Eastwood's film, Bradley Cooper also has a film with Jennifer Lawrence he recently completed called "Serena" and a production of the "Elephant Man" coming out as well. However, in Fallon's interview, he focused more on trying to demonstrate how funny he was and engaging in pretty stupid stuff, and very little about the actual guest, so you didn't see much discussion at all about these projects that Bradley Cooper was involved with. To me, that's a shame.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2014, 11:36:26 AM »

^^^ True, that is a shame.  Well, hopefully we'll get to see Bradley Cooper plugging American Sniper before long with a decent film clip.
exit00

View Profile Email
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »

Yeah, I suspect that there will be heavy promotion on this film.  My brother actually saw the trailer to American Sniper in the theatre a few weeks ago.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2014, 07:20:33 AM »

Yeah, I suspect that there will be heavy promotion on this film.  My brother actually saw the trailer to American Sniper in the theatre a few weeks ago.

For those that have seen the trailer for this, before which movies did you see it? I've seen a couple of movies recently, and the trailer wasn't before either of them. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T