News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anybody have Clint Eastwoods autograph?  (Read 5233 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: November 12, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »

Talking about his real autograph.  No reprints, copies, etc.  But his real authentic autograph.  Also, I have heard that Clint's autographs are extremely rare and that he hardly ever signs autographs is this true?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »

I know that there are some members who have authentic Eastwood autographs. We've discussed it in several threads, but most of the pictures have been deleted in the ones I could find.

This thread still has a few of the pictures, notably on page 3:

Clint Eastwood autographs: authentic?

Starting here: http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=5494.msg108895#msg108895

Then, on page 5, there's this gem:

He did "hit the bookstore circuit" once before, when Richard Schickel's authorized biography was published (1996). Or at least, he appeared with Schickel as part of a lecture series at New York's 92nd Street Y, and signed copies of the book (with Schickel) afterwards. That's when I got my 100% guaranteed authentic autograph.

;)

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »

Wow that's really cool KC!

So you got to meet Clint in person and see him autograph your book?  I actually got that same book last yr for Christmas but my cover has the Josey Wales pose on the front cover.  I think that's the same book not 100% sure though.  But my book is a biography by Schickel.  I'm actually fixing to read that book really soon.  November is the month I watch all of my western movies so this will be a good time to start reading it.  I had so many other books I was reading over the last yr.  Just now getting to this one which I wanted to wait until this time to read it anyways.

Thanks again KC!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:39:30 PM »

I think there is only one book by Richard Schickel with the title "Clint Eastwood: a biography." It was originally published in 1996. The picture above shows the title page, which Clint (and Richard Schickel) signed for me.

This first edition (published by Knopf) has a dust jacket with a closeup portrait by Ken Regan on the front, and several portraits and film stills on the back, including the famous "Josey Wales pose." I also have the first Vintage Books paperback edition from 1997. It has the Josey Wales pose wrapped around both covers and the spine. I'm afraid I've pretty much worn that one out; it's in two pieces.

I hope you enjoy the read! :)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 08:46:29 PM »

Thanks a lot KC!

What did you say to Clint and what did he say back to you?  If you want to share that?

Thanks again
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 09:10:16 PM »

There wasn't really an opportunity for chitchat. There was a long line of people wanting their books signed. I honestly can't remember what I said, or if he said anything to me.
Duncan73

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 05:31:51 PM »

I know that there are some members who have authentic Eastwood autographs. We've discussed it in several threads, but most of the pictures have been deleted in the ones I could find.

;)

I was there as well that night!  92 stY, same book with an autograph...second time I met him in about 3 months, long story I'll have to tell sometime... 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:56:24 PM by KC » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 10:58:34 PM »

I thought you looked familiar! :D ;)

(I edited your post so you could see which parts you were quoting from my post.)
julie8757

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »

I have a signed photograph of Clint Eastwood.. I am from England and wrote to him 20+ years ago.. The photograph came from Passadena And I still have the envelope.. Surely mine is authentic.. Can anyone on here advise and how do I display it.. Plus I am thinking of selling my collection ..I have over 70 autographed photographs of various celebrities xxx
El bueno

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 11:02:16 PM »

This thread still has a few of the pictures, notably on page 3:

Clint Eastwood autographs: authentic?

Starting here: http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=5494.msg108895#msg108895

;)

I thought it was best to delete the pictures.  I think most of the serious Clint Eastwood collectors would have a signed book.  I do.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:07:42 PM by #1-malpaso-fan » Logged
El bueno

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 11:04:26 PM »

I have a signed photograph of Clint Eastwood.. I am from England and wrote to him 20+ years ago.. The photograph came from Passadena And I still have the envelope.. Surely mine is authentic.. Can anyone on here advise and how do I display it.. Plus I am thinking of selling my collection ..I have over 70 autographed photographs of various celebrities xxx

Upload it to http://tinypic.com/ and then use the  img  tag or insert image button to embed it onto the forum!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:08:53 PM by #1-malpaso-fan » Logged
El bueno

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 11:35:23 PM »

del
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:41:55 PM by El bueno » Logged
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 12:51:52 AM »

Very nice display #1

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 06:28:22 PM »

Just a reminder that it is against Board policy to post the same thing in more than one thread. We'll let it go this time, since these are this member's first posts.
Lin for the moderators.
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 07:52:09 PM »

I don't know if this would count since its a copy but.. My friend from the UK is sending me a GBU picture signed by Clint and Eli here I'll try posting a picture  ???
brettgarten

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 05:10:06 AM »

Found this one on ebay that looks legit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/182131186570?
callahans44

Go Ahead, Make My Day.

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 10:49:49 AM »

Found this one on ebay that looks legit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/182131186570?

What makes you think this is legit?

Put Dirty Harry in the IMDB top 250! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066999/ratings
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

Endeavor to persevere.

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 05:51:55 AM »

I used to own an autographed 8"x10" black & white photo of Eastwood taken from The Enforcer.  I'm not an autograph collector so I gave it to a fellow Eastwood fan.  I feel slightly guilty because it was a gift from my brother but it was obtained via eBay.  It would be different if Eastwood had signed it for me personally, then it would have special meaning.  But, again, I'm not the type to even ask which is why it bothers me so much that celebrities have the audacity to charge fans for their autographs and photo opportunities with them occasionally!  I won't get on that horse here, though....

If for some reason I happened to run into Mr. Eastwood and felt compelled to ask for an autograph I would probably ask for a photo, too and frame them together.  From what I understand Clint is kind enough to his fans to oblige them without asking for anything in return.   
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 01:11:13 PM by Jed » Logged

I reckon so.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T