News: Coming in 2021: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint In John Carpenter's Version Of "The Thing"  (Read 876 times)
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: December 06, 2013, 06:49:16 AM »

A few people have mentioned on a Facebook site called Cine 70's that Clint was originally approached to play the role that eventually went to Kurt Russell. Apparently he was commited to another project at the time so couldn't accept.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but it's new to me. Either that or I've forgotten ::)

If there's any truth in it I think it's a damned shame. I love Russell in the movie but how cool would it have been if Clint had starred ? It's one of my favourite movies which would have been taken to a whole new level if my favourite movie star had played the lead.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 12:14:13 PM »

That's very interesting, Walt.  I haven't heard anything to that effect but that doesn't mean it's true.  If so then I hope somebody can provide some backup.  I agree in that it would've been interesting to see Clint in this role.  Given he had 2 movies released the same year as The Thing, seems like he was much too busy.

“Eyuh.”
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T