News: Coming in 2021: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are your top 5 CE movies acted in thats not a western and not a Dirty Harry  (Read 4613 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: January 08, 2014, 11:15:19 AM »

What are your top 5 Clint Eastwood movies that he's acted in that's not a western and not a Dirty Harry?

I have not seen all of Clint's movies he's acted in but here's mine:  Please put them in order of your fav 1 being the best and 5 being the least out of the 5.

1.  Gran Torino
2.  In The Line of Fire
3.  Million Dollar Baby
4.  Any Which Way You Can
5.  Every Which Way But Loose

I have heard good things about Thunderbolt and Lightfoot and Play Misty For Me.  So mine are subject to changing.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 10:01:45 PM »

Million Dollar Baby; In The Line Of Fire; Play Misty For Me; A Perfect World; White Hunter, Black Heart.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 01:36:50 AM »

Good question

Gran Torino, Thunderbolt & Lightfoot, In the Line of Fire, Where Eagles Dare and Trouble With the Curve ( 8))

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 02:15:55 AM »

Bridges of Madison County :smitten:

In The line of Fire

Gran Torino

Million Dollar Baby

Honkytonk Man
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:01:37 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 06:04:41 AM »

Bridges of Madison County :smitten:

In The line of Fire

Gran Torino

Million Dollar Baby

Honkytonk Man

The same as Sylvie.  :)
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 06:21:29 AM »

I thought we've had a similar topic before, but anyway, here are mine in order:

The Bridges of Madison County
In the Line of Fire
Escape from Alcatraz
Play Misty for Me
The Beguiled

Honorable mention: White Hunter, Black Heart

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 08:56:47 AM »

tough decision...

In The Line Of Fire
Gran Torino
White Hunter,Black Heart
Million Dollar Baby
Heartbreak Ridge

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 02:16:14 PM »

Without giving it too much thought...

Escape From Alcatraz
Bronco Billy
White Hunter, Black Heart
Million Dollar Baby
Gran Torino

I'm sure if I do give it more thought this list will change but for now I'm content with it.

“Eyuh.”
davytriumph
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 03:13:54 PM »

1. In The Line Of Fire

2. Coogans Bluff

3. Where Eagles Dare

4. Kellys Heroes

5. Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

"Theres three dollars, including the tip"
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 11:19:23 PM »

This is a bit of a toughie for me, seeing as how I have not yet viewed the majority of the eligible films. I will respond here and now and as i add to my viewed list, I may post a later changed response.

1. The Eiger Sanction....This film has impressed me so intensely that it will almost certainly stay here.

2. Play Misty For Me......Same as Eiger, probably will not change.

3. Gran Torino..............Clint could easily have won the Actor Oscar. Same as Eiger and Misty.

4. Honky Tonk Man........This is a really good period piece. It sent me through the time machine to the Depression Era of my childhood.

5. Coogans Bluff...........Hey man, Clint is riding my motorcycle from the halcyon days of my youth. Its good other ways too.  8)

Firefox, Kellys Heroes, Bronco Billy, The chimpanzee Which Way films,  Heartbreak Ridge, and Paint Your Wagon are being mulled over. There is controversy over whether PYW should be considered a Western, and for convenience I am considering it , so far, to be a Western and therefore not a candidate. I saw it once upon a time during its original release run and very greatly enjoyed it.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:00:44 AM by The Man With No Aim » Logged

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 11:21:48 PM »

This is a bit of a toughie for me, seeing as how I have not yet viewed the majority of the eligible films. I will respond here and now and as i add to my viewed list, I may post a later changed response.

1. The Eiger Sanction....This film has impressed me so intensely that it will almost certainly stay here.

3. Gran Torino..............Clint could easily have won the Actor Oscar. Same as Eiger and Misty.

4. Honky Tonk Man........This is a really good period piece. It sent me through the time machine to the Depression Era of my childhood.

5. Coogans Bluff...........Hey man, Clint is riding my motorcycle from the halcyon days of my youth. Its good other ways too.  8)

Firefox, Kellys Heroes, Bronco Billy, The chimpanzee Which Way films,  Heartbreak Ridge, and Paint Your Wagon are being mulled over. There is controversy over whether PYW should be considered a Western, and for convenience I am considering it , so far, to be a Western and therefore not a candidate. I saw it once upon a time during its original release run and very greatly enjoyed it.

I'm in the same boat as you.  I also have not seen all of Eastwood's non western/non Dirty Harry movies either.  Mine are also subject to change as well.  I had just finished watching both EWWBL and AWWYC movies when I decided to post this topic.  It was difficult for me because I have seen The Beguiled and Trouble with the curve which for me right now very easily could replace both which way movies.  But I thoroughly enjoyed both which way movies so they made my top five list.  And I'm currently working on trying to watch all of Clint's movies that I've never seen before.  I've heard great things about Play Misty for me and Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.  And there's several others that I still need to watch then I can make a more accurate decision on my top five list.  But it is extremely hard because I do like The Beguiled and TWTC very much.  So after I watch the majority of Clint's films I will really have to think very hard on this and then update my top five list.  It really comes down to what you like and what makes you happy.  And everybody's different.  Like for me I just got done watching Escape from Alcatraz and really enjoyed it a lot.  It was very suspenseful and entertaining.  But I know right away that it's not going to be in my top five list.  Due to the fact that I'm not really into prison type movies.  I also have Lock Up starring Sylvester Stallone and it is a good movie but its not in my top ten fav Stallone movies.  So I'm looking forward to seeing more of Clint's movies like the ones mentioned earlier and several others.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:40:58 PM by KC » Logged
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 11:37:50 PM »

The times they are a-changing.....quoth the Zimmerman...

OK, viewed The Beguiled and now somethings got to give....

New Revised Updated List Of 5 Best:

2. The Beguiled.............Unbelievable that this film has not gotten more acclaim.

3.  Play Misty For Me......Same as Eiger, probably will not change. Not change? Guess again, TMWNA!

4. Gran Torino..............Clint could easily have won the Actor Oscar. Same as Eiger and Misty.

5. Honky Tonk Man........This is a really good period piece. It sent me through the time machine to the Depression Era of my childhood.

6. Coogans Bluff...........Hey man, Clint is riding my motorcycle from the halcyon days of my youth. Its good other ways too.  8)

Huh? top 5? In all the excitement I lost count myself.

The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 11:49:13 PM »

I'm in the same boat as you.  I also have not seen all of Eastwood's non western/non Dirty Harry movies either.  Mine are also subject to change as well.  I had just finished watching both EWWBL and AWWYC movies when I decided to post this topic.  It was difficult for me because I have seen The Beguiled and Trouble with the curve which for me right now very easily could replace both which way movies.  But I thoroughly enjoyed both which way movies so they made my top five list.  And I'm currently working on trying to watch all of Clint's movies that I've never seen before.  I've heard great things about Play Misty for me and Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.  And there's several others that I still need to watch then I can make a more accurate decision on my top five list.  But it is extremely hard because I do like The Beguiled and TWTC very much.  So after I watch the majority of Clint's films I will really have to think very hard on this and then update my top five list.  It really comes down to what you like and what makes you happy.  And everybody's different.  Like for me I just got done watching Escape from Alcatraz and really enjoyed it a lot.  It was very suspenseful and entertaining.  But I know right away that it's not going to be in my top five list.  Due to the fact that I'm not really into prison type movies.  I also have Lock Up starring Sylvester Stallone and it is a good movie but its not in my top ten fav Stallone movies.  So I'm looking forward to seeing more of Clint's movies like the ones mentioned earlier and several others.

Yes! Part of the wonderfulness of communicating on a forum is the ability to get acquainted with ones fellow humans. And a good way to do that is to compare likes and dislikes. So I took the meaning of this thread to be an opportunity to say which films I LIKE and to read the interesting opinions of my fellow humans about which films YOU LIKE.

Neither one of is right and neither one is wrong. It is just a nifty way to get acquainted with someone that we otherwise most likely never would and never will meet in person.

Its that social instinct thing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:00:15 AM by The Man With No Aim » Logged

Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 12:15:33 PM »

1. In The Line Of Fire

2 Thunderbolt & Lightfoot

3 Where Eagles Dare

4 Gran Torino

5 The Eiger Sanction
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 05:14:14 PM »

1: Gran Torino
2: The Witches
3: Tightrope
4: Tarantula
5: Million $ Baby
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »

1: Gran Torino
2: The Witches
3: Tightrope
4: Tarantula
5: Million $ Baby

This is a great topic! Perry, I am a bit surprised by your list. I must admit that I've never seen "The Witches" or "Tarantula," but I'm surprised to see these early roles on your top 5 list. What was it about these particular Eastwood parts that make them among your favorites?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 06:47:51 PM »

This is a great topic! Perry, I am a bit surprised by your list. I must admit that I've never seen "The Witches" or "Tarantula," but I'm surprised to see these early roles on your top 5 list. What was it about these particular Eastwood parts that make them among your favorites?

Since Eastwood has virtually no screen time Tarantula, and when we do see him his face is hidden by a mask, and it's almost certainly not his voice we hear ... I have a feeling Perry may be pulling our legs with that one.

Possibly The Witches, too, though there is no accounting for tastes.

I'm curious to hear his answer, though.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »

I have The Witches DVD. Having watched it a few times I am always left feeling uncomfortable that Clint agreed to be in it. It certainly is not on any short list of mine unless it is movies that make me squirm.  :-[
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 09:57:21 AM »

I have The Witches DVD. Having watched it a few times I am always left feeling uncomfortable that Clint agreed to be in it. It certainly is not on any short list of mine unless it is movies that make me squirm.  :-[

Come on Lin.The "Eastwood" chapter defines the term, guilty pleasure >:D

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:02:06 AM by antonis » Logged

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 06:28:13 PM »

Come on Lin.The "Eastwood" chapter defines the term, guilty pleasure >:D

I know that but I still squirm when Clint dances on catwalk and when he leaps above the bed and the film stops.  :D
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T