News: See Eastwood's latest, THE 15:17 TO PARIS, coming on DVD May 22!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, Greatest Western Ever!  (Read 1120 times)
Wirral Writer

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 05, 2014, 08:09:28 AM »

I think that The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is the greatest western ever.  An absolute masterpiece, and my No. 1 Clint Eastwood movie. There really aren't enough superlatives I could say to describe this movie. And that music - wow!

And soon, very soon now, I shall actually have it on Blu Ray. Yippee!

What are YOUR thoughts on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:14:34 AM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

Wirral Writer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 07:04:09 PM »

And the ending of TGTBATU has got to be my favourite ending of all time. I honestly thought that Blondie really was going to leave Tuco hanging in that cemetery. Phew!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:11:18 AM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 04:28:40 AM »

Well, I have to say that Once Upon A Time In The West is my pick for best western of all. Followed by a herd of Eastwood westerns running a VERY close second.

The ending of Once will remind you of the ending of Good. But, in my opinion, Once did it somewhat better in terms of raw drama.

Have you ever seen Once Upon A Time In The West, including the ending?

I recommend it.

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
Wirral Writer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Actually, it's funny you should mention One Upon A Time In The West, because only this week I treated myself to a blu ray copy of the movie, full of high expectation that it would be as good as Clint's spaghetti westerns. Sadly, I have to tell you that I was quite disappointed with it. I found it quite slow in parts, with little dialogue, and lacking the sheer thrill ride and twists of TGTBATU. Still, that's just my opinion.

Well, I have to say that Once Upon A Time In The West is my pick for best western of all. Followed by a herd of Eastwood westerns running a VERY close second.

The ending of Once will remind you of the ending of Good. But, in my opinion, Once did it somewhat better in terms of raw drama.

Have you ever seen Once Upon A Time In The West, including the ending?

I recommend it.

The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 03:04:00 AM »

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Actually, it's funny you should mention One Upon A Time In The West, because only this week I treated myself to a blu ray copy of the movie, full of high expectation that it would be as good as Clint's spaghetti westerns. Sadly, I have to tell you that I was quite disappointed with it. I found it quite slow in parts, with little dialogue, and lacking the sheer thrill ride and twists of TGTBATU. Still, that's just my opinion.

Wirral, you remind me of Clint, in his personna of Harry, explaining to us about opinions.

Opinions are like @#!holes. Everybody has got one.

Even me.

And, perhaps, you.

GBU is a magnificent epic Western film. It is no shame if some other film were to be somehow considered to be even more magnificent. There are some moments when I consider Outlaw Josey Wales or Unforgiven to be the most magnificent epic Western film. There have been moments when I have speculated that Red River starring Big John to be the best epic Western film.

Relax. Enjoy all the really wonderful films we have the blessing to be able to watch and enjoy.

Dont look at it as some kind of a silly competitive sport  ::)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:20:55 AM by The Man With No Aim » Logged

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
Wirral Writer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 05:49:24 AM »

Sorry, but I was only expressing an opinion, that's all. I don't know what you mean when you said don't get involved in some "silly competitive sport". Last thing I wanted to do.

Wirral, you remind me of Clint, in his personna of Harry, explaining to us about opinions.

Opinions are like @#!holes. Everybody has got one.

Even me.

And, perhaps, you.

GBU is a magnificent epic Western film. It is no shame if some other film were to be somehow considered to be even more magnificent. There are some moments when I consider Outlaw Josey Wales or Unforgiven to be the most magnificent epic Western film. There have been moments when I have speculated that Red River starring Big John to be the best epic Western film.

Relax. Enjoy all the really wonderful films we have the blessing to be able to watch and enjoy.

Dont look at it as some kind of a silly competitive sport  ::)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T